Have you ever tried lemon loaf at Starbucks? If not, you can still enjoy them baking at your home.
Today, let’s recreate the Starbucks lemon loaf recipe and whip up this delicious treat. It’s a moist lemon cake topped with a tangy lemon glaze. So, let’s look at the recipe.
To make a lemon loaf, prepare the batter using eggs, flour, sugar, butter, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Pour the prepared batter into the loaf pan and bake for one hour.
Once baked, prepare a lemon glaze and spread it on the loaves. Cut them into slices and enjoy them with your tea or coffee.
Here are some tips for you to bake a perfect lemon loaf. Use fresh lemon juice, extract, or zest for the lemon flavor. These ingredients will give you the desired taste if you want bright lemon flavors.
To conclude, the recipe, it’s a super cool lemon loaf that received a lot of love from Starbucks’s customers. If you are a fan of Starbucks baking, make sure not to miss out on baking this flavorful loaf at home. Get started by following the recipe steps below.
What Is Starbucks Famous Lemon Loaf?
Starbucks is known for its delicious baked goods, and one of its most famous items is its lemon loaf. This sweet and tangy treat is made with a moist lemon cake and topped with a tangy lemon glaze.
The combination of the tart lemon flavor and the rich, buttery cake make this dessert a fan favorite. It’s the perfect snack to enjoy with coffee or tea. If you’re a lemon lover, you’ll definitely want to try Starbucks’ lemon loaf.
What Are The Tips To Follow For Making Starbucks Lemon Loaf?
To make a lemon loaf recipe, here are a few tips that you may find helpful:
- Use fresh lemon juice and lemon zest for the best flavor. Fresh ingredients will give your lemon loaf a bright, tangy flavor that is hard to beat.
- Be sure to measure your ingredients accurately. Baking is a science, and it’s important to use the correct proportions of ingredients to ensure that your lemon loaf turns out perfectly.
- Use room temperature ingredients. It will help your batter to mix more easily and prevent your lemon loaf from turning out dense.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can cause your lemon loaf to turn out tough and chewy, so be sure to mix just until the ingredients are combined.
- Let your lemon loaf cool completely before glazing. If you glaze your lemon loaf while it’s still warm, the glaze will melt and run off the cake. Letting your lemon loaf cool down will help the glaze to set and give your lemon loaf a beautiful, polished finish.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Starbucks Lemon Loaf?
- Oven – Bake lemon loaf in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Loaf Pan – Grease the loaf pan with butter.
- Bowl – Combine all the baking ingredients in the bowl.
- Electric Mixer – Beat ingredients together using an electric mixer at a medium speed.
- Spatula – Using a spatula, combine all the ingredients.
- Wire Rack – Place the lemon load on the wire rack for ten minutes to cool down.
- Parchment Paper – Line a parchment paper on the loaf pan.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Starbucks Lemon Loaf?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||50 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Starbucks Lemon Loaf?
- All-Purpose Flour – Make lemon loaf with all-purpose flour. It is the base ingredient for the recipe.
- Butter – Butter adds moisture and richness to the loaf. Also, it adds rich flavor to the cake and makes the lemon loaf fluffy and light.
- Eggs – Eggs act as a binding agent, helping to hold the other ingredients together and create a cohesive batter. Moreover, it also adds a subtle richness and depth of flavor to the loaf, which complements the tangy lemon flavor.
- Milk – Add milk to thin out the batter, making it easier to pour into the loaf pan. Also, it helps enhance the richness of the loaf.
- Lemon Juice – We’ll add lemon juice to the lemon loaf for a tangy kick.
- Vanilla Extract – A teaspoon of vanilla extract to flavor the loaf and also create an amazing fragrance.
- Lemon Zest – For citrusy and tangy flavors, add lemon zest. Moreover, it also adds a nice yellow color to the loaf.
- Baking Powder – Add a teaspoon of baking powder to raise the cake and make it fluffy. It works as a leavening agent for the loaf.
- Granulated Sugar – To add sweetness to the loaf pan and balance the tangy flavors, add granulated sugar.
- Powdered Sugar – Use powdered sugar to make the lemony white glaze for the cake.
- Salt – Balance the taste of the lemon loaf with a teaspoon of salt.
Steps To Make Starbucks Lemon Loaf
1. Before Baking
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a 9*5-inch loaf pan. Line a parchment paper on the loaf pan. Keep it aside.
2. Mix Dry Ingredients
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat Sugar And Eggs
In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix them at medium speed for one minute. Then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition for at least two minutes.
Whisk together the milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
4. Combine Everything
Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until combined using an electric mixer. Then, add the milk mixture and mix until the batter is smooth.
5. Bake Time
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for fifty minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Let the lemon loaf cool in the pan for ten minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Make Lemon Glaze
To make the lemon glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and melted butter until smooth.
Drizzle the glaze over the cooled lemon loaf. Serve your Starbucks lemon loaf warm or at room temperature, and enjoy!
How To Store And Freeze Starbucks Lemon Loaf?
To store a lemon loaf, wrap it tightly in plastic or an airtight container. It will help prevent the cake from drying and keep it fresh.
A lemon loaf will typically stay fresh at room temperature for 2-3 days, but it can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To freeze a lemon loaf, wrap it tightly in plastic and place it in a freezer-safe bag or container.
This will protect the cake from the freezer and help it to retain its flavor and texture. A lemon loaf will typically stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to serve your frozen lemon loaf, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Then, let it come to room temperature before serving.
This will help prevent the cake from drying out and ensure a moist, tender texture. Warm your lemon loaf in the oven or microwave before serving if desired.
How Will Starbucks Lemon Loaf Look And Taste Like?
Starbucks lemon loaf is a sweet and tangy treat. The finished lemon loaf is moist and tender, with a light and fluffy texture.
The rich, buttery loaf provides a satisfying base for the tangy lemon flavor. The glaze adds an extra touch of brightness and tang.
In terms of appearance, a lemon loaf is a pale yellow with a glossy lemon glaze on top. It’s a tempting treat that is appetizing with a lemony aroma.
Starbucks Lemon Loaf Copycat Recipe
- Loaf pan
- Electric Mixer
- Wire Rack
- Parchment Paper
- 1½ cup3 All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter and keep it aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Whisk together the milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Then, add the milk mixture and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for fifty minutes.
- Remove the loaf pan and keep it on the wire rack to cool down.
- To make the lemon glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and melted butter until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled lemon loaf.
- Starbucks lemon loaf is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a lemon loaf made of?
Lemon loaf is made of all-purpose flour, eggs, milk, sugar, butter, salt, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and lemony glaze.
Can I make a lemon loaf ahead of time?
Yes, you can make a lemon loaf ahead of time. Many people find that the flavor of a lemon loaf improves after it has had a chance to sit for a day or two. Bake your lemon loaf, let it cool completely, and then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container.
Can I freeze a lemon loaf?
Yes! You can freeze a lemon loaf. To freeze your lemon loaf, wrap it tightly in plastic and place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. It will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can I use a different type of citrus in a lemon loaf?
You can use a different type of citrus in a lemon loaf. Lemon loaf is traditionally made with lemon juice and zest, but you can experiment with other types of citrus, such as lime or orange. Keep in mind that different types of citrus will have different flavors, so the taste of your lemon loaf may vary depending on which type of citrus you use.
Can I make a gluten-free lemon loaf?
You can make a gluten-free lemon loaf. To make a gluten-free lemon loaf, substitute the all-purpose flour in the recipe for a gluten-free flour blend. Remember that gluten-free flour can work differently than all-purpose flour, so you may need to make adjustments to the recipe, such as using more liquid or less flour.
Want to make an exact Starbucks lemon loaf recipe at home? Here is the best lemon loaf recipe waiting for you to try.
This recipe is also easy to follow, so you don’t need special skills or knowledge to bake this loaf. So, get ready with your baking equipment and whip up some delicious treats this Christmas.