Many favorite Irish cream cold brews when Starbucks comes up with their holiday menu. Now that the holiday season is coming, you can easily make this delicious cold brew right home to get right into the spirit! Let’s take a look at this really easy recipe!
Waiting for Starbucks’ holiday menu can be quite a task. Well, it isn’t fair that you have to wait for your favorites to enjoy them only during the holiday season. But that’s the best part here. With this recipe, you can relieve holiday memories all year long!
Although it may seem like a huge deal to make this recipe at home, it isn’t! Starbucks uses all sorts of fancy equipment to make their cold brew. But honestly, all you need is a few kitchen appliances that I can guarantee you already have!
Moreover, another great thing about this recipe is that the Irish cream cold brew syrup can be made early and stored for a long time. So, you wouldn’t have to worry about making it now and then if you just made a large batch and stored it! The recipe is also highly versatile and can be customized, but more on that later!
In this article, you will learn how to make this wonder of a holiday beverage right at home. Check on how to go with this recipe, ending with some customizations that can be done with the recipe! So, let’s not wait any further and jump right into this recipe!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Irish Cream Cold Brew?
- Bowl – A large bowl will be needed to whip up the cream that has to be topped on the cold brew.
- Hand Mixer – An electric hand mixer will help get the soft peaks in the cream very easily and efficiently.
- Saucepan – A medium-sized saucepan will work well to make the Irish cream syrup.
- Whisk – A whisk will be needed again for the Irish cream syrup.
- Tall Glass – Combine the entire recipe in a tall glass.
- Measuring Cups – Here, to get a perfectly balanced beverage, being precise with measurements is quite essential, for which measuring cups will be handy.
- Measuring Spoons – Again, a set of measuring spoons will be handy for precise measurements of ingredients needed in small quantities.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Irish Cream Cold Brew?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||5 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Irish Cream Cold Brew?
For The Irish Cream Syrup
- Sugar – A cup of granulated sugar will help give the syrup a sweet flavor.
- Water – A cup of water will form the base of the syrup.
- Vanilla Extract – Just a teaspoon of vanilla extract will help enhance the flavor of this recipe to a whole new level.
- Cocoa Powder – Lastly, a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder will give this recipe a rich flavor.
For The Irish Cream Cold Brew
- Irish Cream Syrup – The Irish cream syrup that will be made first will be needed for this recipe. Around three pumps of the same will be enough for a single serving.
- Heavy Cream – The heavy cream will form the creamy foam on top of this cold brew, and about ¼ cup of the same will be whipped.
- Powdered Sugar – About two tablespoons of powdered sugar will be added to the heavy cream, just enough to have a balanced, sweet flavor.
- Cold Brew Coffee – Around ¼ cup of any cold brew you like will work well for this recipe.
- Ice – A few ice cubes will be added to this cold brew to make it refreshing.
- Cocoa Powder – Lastly, a dash of cocoa powder will be sprinkled on the cold brew.
Steps To Make Irish Cream Cold Brew
1. Make The Irish Cream Syrup
Firstly, start by making Irish cream syrup. For that, in a saucepan, add the sugar and water and bring them to a boil. Then, remove from the heat and add vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Whisk until combined, pour into a bottle, and let it cool in the refrigerator.
2. Prepare The Cold Brew
After your Irish cream syrup has cooled down, you can prepare the cold brew. Firstly, in a large, cold bowl, add the whipping cream and powdered sugar and whip them with a hand mixer until the cream forms soft peaks. Set aside.
Now, add the ice to the tall glass and then three pumps of Irish cream syrup. Pour the cold brew into the glass and, finally, top it with the whipped cream. Dust with cocoa powder, and enjoy!
Some Variations That Can Be Made To This Recipe
- Use Baileys – For this recipe, if you want to make a more adult-friendly version of this cold brew, you can swap the Irish cream syrup with some Bailey’s Irish Cream!
- Add Kahlua – Just like the Irish Cream, a few dashes of coffee liqueur will also help enhance the flavor of this cold brew.
- Add Grand Marnier – This might be a little out there, but if you want to add a touch of citrus to your cold brew, you can also add some grand Marnier.
- Use Almond Extract – Although I haven’t mentioned this in the recipe, you can use almond extract for a bolder and more nutty flavor.
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
How Will The Irish Cream Cold Brew Look And Taste Like?
Once done with the recipe comes the real moment of truth, which is how it is supposed to look and taste. Well, as far as looks go, this cold brew will look very similar to the one you get at Starbucks. It is truly a delectable beverage with different layers of flavors and everything.
The flavor is also completely on par with how this cold brew looks. The combined flavors of the Irish cream syrup and coffee create a bitter base, which is well balanced with the sweet whipped Cream on top. All in all, just a very refreshing beverage to enjoy during the holiday season!
Starbucks Irish Cream Cold Brew Copycat Recipe
- Hand Mixer
- Tall glass
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
For The Irish Cream Syrup :
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
For The Irish Cream Cold Brew :
- 3 tablespoon Irish Cream Syrup
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cold Brew Coffee
- Cocoa Powder
For The Irish Cream Syrup :
- In a saucepan, add the water and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Take it off the heat and add the vanilla extract and cocoa powder.
- Whisk until well combined, then transfer to a bottle and let it cool in the refrigerator.
For The Irish Cream Cold Brew :
- In a large, cold bowl, add the whipped cream and powdered sugar and mix with a hand mixer until the cream forms soft peaks and holds its shape. Set aside.
- To a tall glass, add in the ice, then top with Irish cream syrup and cold brew.
- Finally, top the glass off with the sweet whipped cream and dust with some cocoa powder. Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does this recipe have alcohol in it?
No, this recipe for Irish cream cold brew does not have alcohol in it.
Can Bailey’s Irish Cream be added to this recipe?
You can add Bailey’s Irish Cream to this recipe and many other possible customizations.
Can this recipe be made vegan?
Yes, you can opt for coconut cream instead of regular whipped cream, which will still taste just as great!
Can this cold brew be stored in the fridge or freezer?
Yes, this cold brew can safely be stored in the fridge for five days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Is this recipe the same as how they make it at Starbucks?
Although not everything in this recipe is the same, this recipe is a very close and accurate representation of the original Starbucks drink.
Irish cream cold brew is one of the most popular and refreshing drinks on the Starbucks holiday menu. But now, with this recipe, you can enjoy this cold brew right at home, anytime you like! This cold brew is the perfect balance of different flavors and will bring you right into the holiday spirit!