If you have ever been to Starbucks, then you know that the Starbucks green tea latte is a hit. Just to be clear, it is called an iced matcha latte there, so don’t be confused. The main ingredient for this drink is your Matcha powder. Matcha is a bolder version of your regular green tea. It is richer than in antioxidants and in caffeine.
The quality of your Matcha powder is one of the most important factors in making a good green tea latte. It should have a bright green color. The brighter the color is, the better its quality. It is essential to get oriental matcha tea that has perfect blends of grassy taste and creaminess. Green tea from MatchaOutlet has superior quality over ordinary brands whose raw ingredients are questionable.
The Starbucks green tea latte is also very healthy. It is rich in antioxidants. It aids weight loss and helps the mind to relax. The parent ingredients for green tea latte are milk and green tea powder. You need a few ingredients and some special equipment to make the Starbucks green tea latte. Let me tell you all about that in the Starbucks green tea latte copycat recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Starbucks Green Tea Latte?
- Glass and Long Spoon – Make the delicious latte in a fancy glass and use a long icing spoon to mix everything.
- Small Bowl and Wooden Matcha Whisk – Make your green tea mixture by mixing hot water and matcha powder in a small bowl. Use a matcha whisk for this purpose. This will help to make a smooth and strong-tasting green tea mixture. If you don’t have a matcha whisk, you can use a metal whisk.
- Saucepan and Milk Frother – Warm the milk in a saucepan and then froth it with a help of a milk frother. If you have a French press, that’ll work too.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Starbucks Green Tea Latte?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Starbucks Green Tea Latte?
- Milk – You’ll need warm milk for this recipe. You can use any milk of your choice. Almond, coconut, or dairy, all kinds of milk make the latte taste great.
- Matcha Powder – Matcha powder is a crucial part of this recipe. You can add matcha powder according to your preferred taste.
- Vanilla Syrup – The vanilla syrup makes the iced latte sweet and gives it a deliciously rich aroma.
- Ice Cubes – Add a lot of small cubes to the drink to make chilled ice.
- Hot Water – Make the green tea mixture by mixing some green tea powder with some boiling hot water. Let it bloom for a few seconds.
Steps To Make Starbucks Green Tea Latte
1. Frothing The Milk
To make a smooth latte, froth the milk before you mix it with the green tea mixture. To make it rich and velvety, use an electric milk frother. You can also use a french press if you have one.
It is better to start with warm milk first because it will get colder as you froth it. You can use any milk of your choice. So grab any milk you have and start with it. If you prefer to go vegan, almond or coconut milk are also good alternatives.
2. Whisking and Preparation
After the milk is all frothy and creamy, make the green tea mixture. Boil 1/4 cup of water and pour it into a small bowl. The water you use should be filtered and at the perfect temperature. Then, add a tablespoon or two of your green tea or Matcha powder to it.
Green tea of ceremonial grade tastes stronger, so you can use less than this. When mixing the powder and the water, you should let the mixture bloom for a few minutes while whisking rapidly to break up the powder and make the mixture thicker. Using a wooden matcha whisk is the best option to prepare your latte because it is made specifically for making green tea.
If you don’t have any, you can also use a metal whisk, although the consistency will not be the same as when you use a matcha whisk. This part of the process in the preparation of this drink is one of the reasons why it is special.
3. Serving The Perfect Green Tea Latte
Add the ice to a glass and also pour the vanilla syrup into it. After preparing the green tea mixture and frothing the milk, pour them into the glass. See the two separate green and white layers? You can click the perfect pictures, and you can share them on Instagram (like those pretty cafe pages).
Before you drink, mix the green tea and milk and enjoy a cold drink amidst a hot summer afternoon. To make it even more exciting, you can add a froth on top before serving this delicious iced latte.
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
How Does The Starbucks Green Tea Latte Look And Taste Like?
The answer to this question is there in the name. The Starbucks green tea latte looks bright green. I mean, it’s named green tea, what do you expect? The iced matcha latte has a grassy and smooth taste. Green tea also has a great umami taste. It also has some bitter notes, but the vanilla syrup adds a sweet taste and a great aroma to the latte.
Starbucks Green Tea Latte Recipe
- 1 cup Milk (dairy or vegan)
- 2 teaspoons Matcha Powder
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Syrup
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
- In a small bowl, add boiling hot water and 2 teaspoons of matcha powder. Mix them with a wooden matcha whisk. This will help make a smooth green tea mixture.
- Then, warm a cup of milk in a saucepan. Then, froth it using a milk frother.
- Pour some vanilla syrup into a glass. After that, add the ice cubes into the glass.
- Then, pour the green tea mixture into the glass and pour the frothed milk as well. Mix them using a long spoon. Top the drink with some milk froth and serve. Your delicious Starbucks green tea latte is ready!
So, this was all about the Starbucks green tea latte. Now, you can make this delicious ice matcha latte at home easily. If you do make it at home, tell me in the comments how well you liked it. I’ll see you with another recipe soon.