You don’t have to wait for Starbucks to release the gingerbread latte for the holiday season, as you can make it at home. Try this successful Starbucks gingerbread latte copycat recipe for the most delicious hot cuppa.
Starbucks gingerbread latte is made using easy-to-make gingerbread syrup, milk, coffee, and vanilla extract.
Making gingerbread syrup is simply mixing some spices and simmering them in water. Once your gingerbread syrup is made, you need steamed milk and espresso together.
This latte can be served with a garnishing of whipped cream. Starbucks gingerbread latte tastes like gingerbread. You taste clear flavors of ginger and nutmeg. It is a sweet-flavored coffee with a warm spice taste and aroma.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Starbucks Gingerbread Latte?
- Saucepan – To make gingerbread syrup, you will need a saucepan.
- Frother – To form foamy and frothy milk, you will need a frother.
- Mug – A mug will be required to serve the gingerbread latte.
- Espresso Maker – You will need an espresso maker to make the espresso.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Starbucks Gingerbread Latte?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Starbucks Gingerbread Latte?
For the Gingerbread Syrup
- Light Brown Sugar – To make homemade gingerbread syrup, you will need two cups of light brown sugar.
- Water – Water is the base of gingerbread syrup. You will need two cups of water.
- Molasses – Molasses is a dark-colored sweet syrup made during the extraction of sugars from sugarcane. It has a sweet and smoky flavor. To add these flavors to the gingerbread latte, you will need two tablespoons of molasses.
- Ginger Root – Gingerbread syrup is a spiced syrup. You will need one-inch pieces of ginger root, peeled and diced.
- Cinnamon Sticks – To add a sweet and warm flavor of cinnamon, you will need two sticks of cinnamon.
- Allspice Berries – You will also need one teaspoon of all-spice berries.
- Black Peppercorns – Half a teaspoon of black peppercorns will be added for a punch of peppery notes.
- Ground Nutmeg – You will also need half a teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Cloves – Lastly, you will need six pieces of cloves.
For the Gingerbread Latte
- Gingerbread Syrup – To make a gingerbread latte, you will need three tablespoons of gingerbread syrup.
- Espresso – Latte is incomplete without espresso. You will need two tablespoons – 1 shot of espresso.
- Vanilla Extract – In the latte, you will also add one-fourth teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Whole Milk – The base of a latte is made of steamed milk. You will need one-third cup of steamed whole milk.
- Ground Nutmeg – You will need some ground nutmeg to garnish the drink.
Steps To Make Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
1. Make Gingerbread Syrup
To make a gingerbread latte, you will have to begin by making gingerbread syrup. Place a saucepan on medium-high heat and whisk together water, sugar, and spices.
Once the sugar has dissolved, add cinnamon sticks and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn the heat to low and allow the syrup to simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
Pour the syrup through a strainer and store it in a jar.
2. Gingerbread Latte
Now that your gingerbread syrup is ready, stir together the espresso, 3 tablespoons of syrup, and vanilla extract.
Steam the milk to a temperature of 140 degrees in a microwave or saucepan. Froth the milk using a frother or shake it in a mason jar with a tight lid.
Pour the frothed milk into the espresso, gingerbread syrup, and vanilla extract. Your Starbucks gingerbread latte is ready to be served!
How To Make Espresso?
Want to make a gingerbread latte but need to know where to get espresso from? Stay right here. I have it all sorted for you.
You can make espresso at home using a Moka pot, aero press, or an espresso machine. You need either of these pieces of equipment or ground coffee.
- Moka Pot – A Moka pot is a small and affordable piece of equipment to make espresso at home easily. All you have to do is place the Moka pot over a stovetop on heat and pour cold water up to the fill line into the bottom chamber of the pot. Add 2-6 tablespoons of coffee grounds into the filter basket and screw it on the top chamber. This is where the brewed espresso will collect.
- Espresso Machine – Set up your espresso machine and brew ground coffee. Your espresso will be ready in 20-30 seconds.
- AeroPress – AeroPress is a small portable device that helps to brew coffee. All you have to do is pour ground coffee into the chamber and place it over a cup. Pour hot water into the chamber, stir, and then press down the plunger to extract espresso.
|Vitamin C||0.8 mg|
How Will Starbucks Gingerbread Latte Look And Taste Like?
Starbucks gingerbread latte is a warm hug in a cup. This hot drink tastes delicious with malty, caramel, and warm flavors.
Apart from its flavor, the Gingerbread latte looks great with the froth floating on top.
Starbucks Gingerbread Latte Copycat Recipe
- Espresso Maker
For the Gingerbread Syrup
- 2 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1-inch piece Ginger Root, peeled and diced
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Molasses
- 1 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 teaspoon Allspice Berries
- ½ teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 6 Cloves
For the Gingerbread Latte
- 3 tablespoons Gingerbread Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Brewed Espresso
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Whole Milk, steamed
- Ground Nutmeg (for garnish)
For Gingerbread Syrup
- Place a saucepan on medium-high heat and whisk together water, sugar, and spices.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add cinnamon sticks and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and allow the syrup to simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Pour the syrup through a strainer and store it in a jar.
- Stir together the espresso, 3 tablespoons of syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Steam the milk to a temperature of 140 degrees in a microwave or saucepan.
- Froth the milk using a frother or shake it in a mason jar with a tight lid.
- Pour the frothed milk into the espresso, gingerbread syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Your Starbucks gingerbread latte is ready to be served!
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What is Starbucks Gingerbread Latte made of?
Starbucks gingerbread latte is made using gingerbread syrup, espresso, steamed milk, and vanilla extract.
Is Starbucks gingerbread latte sweet?
Starbucks gingerbread latte is mildly sweet and contains the warmth of spices.
How much time does it take to make a Starbucks gingerbread latte at home?
You will take 20 minutes to make a Starbucks gingerbread latte at home.
If you love Starbucks’ coffees, make sure to try their copycat recipes on our website.