We all can agree that the egg bites from Starbucks are amazing! They truly define a light and hearty breakfast! But now you don’t need to visit Starbucks and then pay a bunch to enjoy some of these! This copycat recipe can easily make these egg bites at home!
These little treats are beyond delicious for those who may not have tried these egg bites before! They combine the flavors and textures of a fluffy egg and all the added flavors. The perfect accompaniment to your slice of bread for breakfast!
Moreover, another great part is that there are so many ways in which you can customize your egg bites! The ingredients that we will be using for this recipe are pretty simple. However, there are many ways you can make these your own by switching up the ingredients. But more on that later!
Also, this recipe is very time efficient and is ready in just a few steps. So, even if you don’t consider yourself that great in the kitchen, you don’t need to worry! It will barely take any effort to get these going!
This article will teach you how to make this copycat recipe with a complete step-by-step guide. I have also mentioned the equipment you will need to make them and the time to make the whole process much easier! Let’s dive into your breakfast recipe now!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Starbucks Egg Bites?
- Bowl – You will need a large bowl to whisk your eggs and other ingredients before making these egg bites.
- Whisk – A large whisk will help mix the ingredients and will also help with making the egg bites soft and fluffy.
- Muffin Tin – As this recipe will yield six egg bites, you need a muffin tin with at least 6 cups.
- Baking Tray – A baking tray will be needed to place the muffin tin on before baking the egg bites in the oven.
- Cooking Spray – Lastly, to ensure that the egg bites don’t stick to the muffin tins, you will need some cooking spray.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Starbucks Egg Bites?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Starbucks Egg Bites?
- Eggs – It can’t be egg bites without eggs! For this recipe, you will need five large eggs to get a yield of about six egg bites.
- Cottage Cheese – A cup of cottage cheese will help add a creamy texture to the egg bites.
- Swiss Cheese – As cheese makes everything better, we will add a cup of shredded Swiss cheese to this recipe.
- Bacon – You will need two strips of fried bacon, all crumbled up, to be added to the egg bites.
- Salt – About ¼ teaspoon of salt is the seasoning added to this recipe.
- Black Pepper – Lastly, just for that extra kick of flavor and spice, we will add ¼ teaspoon of black pepper to this recipe.
Steps To Make Starbucks Egg Bites
1. Mix It All Up And Bake
Firstly, as these egg bites are baked in the oven, you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, spray the muffin tin with cooking spray to ensure the egg bites don’t stick.
Mix the eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, and whisk thoroughly. The more you whisk, the fluffier the egg bites will be! Then, fold in the Swiss Cheese.
Add the mix to the muffin tins until ¾ of the cup is full with the egg mixture. This way, there will be some room left for the egg bites to expand while baking. Then, top each bite with some of the crumbled bacon and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Once done, take them out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before digging in1
Some Variations That Can Be Made With This Recipe
If I tell you honestly, the variations options are limitless here. But, some ways that I have particularly liked cooking my egg bites are as given below.
- Gruyere Cheese – You can follow the recipe above and switch the Swiss cheese with some Gruyere!
- Ham And Cheese – The classic ham and cheese are another great combination of flavors for these egg bites.
- Veggies – A combination of peppers, onions, and sundried tomatoes work quite well with this recipe.
- Spinach – You can combine egg bites with spinach and cottage cheese.
- Sauteed Mushrooms – Lastly, one of my favorites is adding mushrooms to the egg mix, which was sauteed with a very small amount of garlic, salt, and black pepper.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Vitamin A||454 IU|
How Will The Starbucks Egg Bites Look And Taste Like?
Little clouds of heaven is a way to describe these egg bites! Yes, they look the same as you would get at Starbucks! The eggs are soft and fluffy; as I mentioned earlier, the more you whip them, the fluffier they will get! The added bacon bits on top also add a lot to their appeal!
Coming to the flavor, well, here, the flavor similarity between these homemade egg bites and those that you would get from Starbucks is uncanny! The Swiss cheese and bacon flavors work quite well together, and the cottage cheese adds a nice, creamy texture. Honestly, I don’t think there is a better way than this to start your day!
Starbucks Egg Bites Copycat Recipe
- 5 nos. Eggs
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup Swiss Cheese
- 2 Strips Bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray the muffin tin with some cooking spray, just enough to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper and whisk together.
- Then, fold in the shredded Swiss cheese.
- Add the mixture to the prepared muffin tin and top with crumbled bacon bits.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, then take them out and let them cool for a bit before digging in!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it necessary to add bacon to these egg bites?
The bacon adds more flavor, but you can skip it.
Can cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese be used for this recipe?
Yes, you can use cheddar or mozzarella cheese for this recipe if you would like to.
Can these bites be made just with egg whites?
Yes, these egg bites can also be made with just egg whites.
Can other spices be added to this recipe?
Yes, you can add other spices to this recipe if you like.
Do these egg bites taste similar to the ones from Starbucks?
Yes, these egg bites taste similar to the ones from Starbucks.
Soft, fluffy, and just plain delicious! If you are a fan of egg bites from Starbucks, try this recipe out. Once you make it and realize just how easy the whole process is, I am sure you will never visit Starbucks again, at least for egg bites! These go very well with most breakfast items and are a great way to start your day on a healthy and delicious note!