Have you ever wondered what Starbucks uses for sweetening its drinks? If you don’t know, it’s just simple syrup. It is one of the easiest yet very useful things to have in your kitchen. This article will show us how to make Starbucks classic syrup copycat recipe.
This classic syrup is so easy to make and can be used in multiple recipes or even in your day-to-day. If you hate lumps of sugar in your coffee/ tea, you must have this bottle at home. It is extremely convenient to use.
Often most simple things are essential, and so is this classic syrup. Classic syrup recipes’ ingredients are very minimal. All you need is sugar, water, and some time. Mix sugar and water and boil it for some time. Starbucks’ classic syrup recipe is ready to use.
Most people often buy this from stores. But once you try making it, you’ll know how easy it is to make this syrup. Moreover, making this syrup rather than buying it from the store saves you a lot of money.
The holiday season is around the corner. Before it arrives, let us prepare by making this easy Starbucks classic syrup. Pour it into anything sweet and enjoy your vacation. If you are up for trying this recipe, scroll down!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Starbucks Classic Syrup Recipe?
- Saucepan – We need a saucepan to cook the syrup solution.
- Measuring Cups – Even though this recipe has minimal ingredients, the measurement is important. So a measuring cup will be useful.
- Spoons – Most cooking needs a lot of stirring, and so does this classic syrup recipe.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Starbucks Classic Syrup Recipe?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||6 Minutes||11 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Starbucks Classic Syrup Recipe?
- Water – For making this recipe, we need 1 cup of water.
- Sugar – Classic syrup is simply sugar syrup. Hence, to make this recipe, we need 2 cups of granulated sugar.
Steps To Make Starbucks Classic Syrup Recipe?
Into a saucepan, take about two cups of sugar and a cup of water. Place this mixture on a stove and heat it up for 3 minutes. Do not let it boil. Once it is slightly thickened, turn off the stove.
2. Store It
Once it is slightly cooled down, pour the sweet syrup into a bottle and store it in the refrigerator.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Using Classic Syrup Recipe
- If you are a fan of any particular spices, you can add one of those while making this classic syrup recipe. Just add ginger, cinnamon, or cardamon, while heating the solution, and your flavored classic syrup recipe is ready to use.
- The unrefrigerated classic syrup will stay up to a week. The classic syrup will stay up to a month or more when kept in the refrigerator.
- This classic syrup is a highly concentrated sugar solution. Therefore, only use a little while adding to coffee, tea, or any of your favorite beverages.
- The classic syrup is added to both iced/ hot beverages. Other than this, it can also be used to drizzle over any of your favorite desserts like cake and croissants.
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
How Will Starbucks Classic Syrup Recipe Look And Taste Like?
If you are someone like me who hates lumps of sugar in your iced beverages, then this Starbucks classic syrup recipe is what you need to try this holiday.
It can be used in all beverages and poured over anything sweet. This recipe has no color and looks like plain water but with a little more thickness.
Starbucks Classic Syrup Copycat Recipe
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- To a saucepan, add 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water
- Place this saucepan on medium flame and stir occasionally.
- Once the sugar is completely dissolved, put off the flame.
- Allow it to cool, pour the syrup into a bottle, and store it in a refrigerator.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the classic syrup at Starbucks made of?
Classic syrup at Starbucks is made of sugar, water, and some preservatives.
What is equivalent to Starbucks classic syrup?
Simple sugar syrup is equivalent to Starbucks classic syrup.
Is Starbucks classic syrup liquid sugar?
Yes. Starbucks classic syrup is simply liquid sugar.
Does Starbucks classic syrup have a flavor to it?
No. The Starbucks classic syrup has no particular flavor to it.
Starbucks’ classic syrup recipe is one of the easiest yet most useful recipes we can make at home. It just takes less than 5 minutes to make this, and it can be used as a sweetener in almost all recipes.
Most of us must have used classic syrup solution from the store this holiday; make some of it at your home.