A cup of chai latte in the evening is the only drink we need to get rid of all the tiredness of the day! If you are a chai latte lover like me, you want to have a cup of it every day. That’s why we are here with a Starbucks chai latte copycat recipe.
Our Starbucks chai latte recipe is a must-try if you want to enjoy the exact Starbucks taste without spending too much money or time. Moreover, it is so easy to make that you can whip some up almost daily.
Sounds exciting, right? For making this recipe, you do not need a lot of ingredients. Some tea bags, along with some spices and vanilla extract, are all we need. Most of us have all of these at home. So, try this recipe this holiday season.
This recipe is just perfect for serving all your guests. You can be someone other than an expert to cook this recipe. Just a couple of ingredients and 10 minutes is all you need to create this magic in a cup. The aroma and the taste are just too good to be missed.
If you are a chai lover like me, grab all the equipment and ingredients mentioned below and follow the instructions to make your favorite cup of Starbucks chai latte recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Starbucks Chai Latte Recipe?
- Saucepan – For making the chai latte, we need to make chai first, and for that, we need a medium-sized saucepan.
- Frother – The specialty of the drink lies in its perfect blend. Also, we all love to sip sweet, frothy tea, and we need a frother.
- Immersion Blender – If you cannot find a frother, you can also use an immersion blender.
- Coffee Mugs – Once you have made the perfect drink, transfer it to good glasses for presentability.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Starbucks Chai Latte Recipe?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|2 Minutes||5 Minutes||7 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Starbucks Chai Latte Recipe?
- Tea Bags – Tea is the one that gives flavor to this recipe. For this recipe, we need about two tea bags.
- Water – The first step to making the chai latte is to make a good cup of tea, and for this, we need 1 cup of water
- Milk – Milk is the ingredient that gives a creaminess and smooth texture to the drink. For making a chai latte, we need 2 cups of milk. If you do not like too much milky taste in your beverage, you can either use low-fat milk or reduce the quantity to 1 ½ cups.
- Honey – Honey is what brings the natural sweetness to the drink. If you do not have honey at home, you can use other sweeteners like sugar. However, if possible, stick to using honey; the flavor it brings to this recipe is irreplaceable.
- Nutmeg Powder – Sprinkle it over the top of the chai latte recipe and enjoy the little spiciness it brings to your drink.
- Cinnamon Powder – To garnish our cup of coffee, we need a pinch of cinnamon powder.
Steps To Make Starbucks Chai Latte Recipe?
1. Boil Water
The first step is to boil the water. For this, take a saucepan and add 1 cup of water to it. Bring it to a boil.
2. Add Tea Leaves
Into the boiling water, and add 2 tea bags. Lower the heat and allow it to simmer for at least 5 – 7 minutes. This ensures that our black tea will have a strong tea flavor.
3. Add Milk And Honey
After 5 to 7 minutes, add milk to the black tea. To this, slowly add 2 cups of milk. Stir it occasionally and add two tablespoons of honey to it after a minute. Stir it well until the taste of honey is uniformly spread all across the drink. If you need more sweetness, add one more tablespoon of honey to it.
4. Froth It
Once it’s done, bring it down the heat and blend it well using a frother or an immersion blender. This makes the drink smooth and creamy. If you like it cold, add some ice cubes and blend it well.
5. Serve It
Now that our chai latte is ready, transfer it to a cup and sprinkle some cinnamon and nutmeg powder over it. (If you do not like the taste of spices in your food, you can skip this part).
How To Make Your Starbucks Chai Latte Better?
- Add a layer of cream – The best and easiest way to make your chai latte better is by adding cream to the top of it. If you want to do that, instead of normal chipping cream, add vanilla cream. Vanilla flavor perfectly compliments the taste of tea and spices.
- Add some cinnamon dolce syrup – If you like the taste of cinnamon, then you should definitely try adding some cinnamon dolce syrup to your chai latte. Just a spoonful will be enough to flavor an entire cup.
- Use different milk – Most people usually use normal milk to make this recipe; however, if you are concerned about your health, try adding some almond milk instead of regular milk. Almond milk will bring a light nutty flavor and some sweetness to the recipe.
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
How Will Starbucks Chai Latte Look And Taste Like?
Starbucks chai latte has a very unique taste to it. It is the perfect blend of tea, cinnamon, and other spices. The sweetness and a touch of spices will make you fall in love with the drink. If you like spices, you can add cardamom and ginger juice along with the above-mentioned spices to make them more flavorful.
Starbucks chai latte has a light cream color to it. It is soft and creamy in nature. If you are someone who loves tea in general and have yet to try this, take it as a sign and make some chai latte today itself!
Starbucks Chai Latte Recipe
- Immersion Blender
- Coffee Cup
- 2 Tea Bags
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 pinch Cinnamon Powder
- 1 pinch Nutmeg Powder
- Start by making some strong black tea. For this, boil one cup of water and add 2 tea bags and boil it for 7 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of honey to the mixture. Put it on heat until the milk becomes warm.
- Take it down from the heat and blend it well using a frother.
- Serve it hot. Top it off with some nutmeg and cinnamon powder.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What does Starbucks use to make chai tea latte?
Starbucks uses milk, tea extract, and a blend of spices to make this latte.
Is Starbucks chai tea latte healthy?
Starbucks chai latte is hard to resist. However, they have a high caloric value, a good amount of sugar content, and are unhealthy for regular use.
What chai syrup do they use at Starbucks?
Starbucks uses Starbucks tea Vana classic chai concentrate to make chai latte.
This holiday season, try our easy Starbucks chai recipe at home. It is extremely tasty and so easy to make. If you are a Starbucks Chai latte fan, then this is a must-try, as it will save you a lot of money!