Cake pops are one of those cute desserts that have caught everyone’s attention! Everyone grabbed the opportunity to make their versions of cake pops, and so did Starbucks! If you also want to make your own version at home for the upcoming holiday season, check out Starbucks cake pops recipe. It is worth your time!
I understand with the fun, the holiday season also means a lot of baking at home! But when coming up with a new recipe every day becomes a task, cake pops come to the rescue! They may look complicated but are exceptionally easy to make!
They are perfect for beginners as well! Yes, baking the cake can be a whole process, but as this recipe is mainly beginner friendly, we will use a boxed cake mix. The rest of the steps are easy as they come!
Cake pops make the perfect giveaway treat for Christmas and are versatile! Many flavors and designs can easily be tried out with these cake pops, but I will discuss that later!
In a few simple steps, this article has a complete guide on making Starbucks cake pops at home. Starting with the equipment needed to make them until the nutritional information and everything else in between is all given in this recipe article! Happy reading to you!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Starbucks Cake Pops?
- Bowl – You will need a large bowl to mix your cake batter and another to make the cake pops. A medium-sized microwave-safe bowl will be needed to melt the candy.
- Whisk – A whisk will help form the batter of the boxed cake.
- Cake Pan – A large rectangular pan around 9 to 12 inches will work perfectly fine for this recipe. You can also use round pans if you have those instead.
- Spoon – A large spoon will help coat the cake balls evenly, with the melted candy.
- Baking Tray – A baking tray will be needed to line the cake pops before dipping them in chocolate.
- Styrofoam – A piece of styrofoam will be needed to place the cake pops in while they dry.
- Lollipop Sticks – Lastly, you will need 30 lollipop or cake pop sticks to give the cake pops a base.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Starbucks Cake Pops?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Chilling Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||30 Minutes||20 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Starbucks Cake Pops
- Vanilla Cake Mix – The cake base we will use to make these cake pops is a vanilla cake mix. A single pack( approximately 15 oz) of your favorite vanilla cake mix should be enough for this recipe. You will additionally need the ingredients that have to be added to the cake mix.
- Vanilla Frosting – Three tablespoons of vanilla frosting will be required to get the cake pops together.
- Candy Melts – Here, as we will be making cake pops similar to the ones from Starbucks, 12 oz of candy melts will be needed.
- White Sprinkles – Finally, an additional dash of white sprinkles will be added on top to give these cake pops some life.
Steps To Make Starbucks Cake Pops
1. Bake The Cake
The first step to keep in mind while making these cake pops is to bake the boxed cake mix. Follow the instructions on the box, from the beginning to the end. Once your cake is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool down completely before we eventually turn them into cake pops.
2. Make The Pops
Once your cake has cooled down completely, transfer it into a large bowl and break the cake apart into crumbs. Here, if you would like, you can also get rid of the brown layer on top before turning the cake into crumbs.
Once the cake reaches the right consistency, which is fine crumbs, add in the vanilla frosting and, again, mix it all. Divide the cake into 30 balls and place them on a baking tray.
Next, melt some of the candy melts, dip the end of the lollipop sticks in them, then insert them into the cake ball just about halfway. Repeat the same process with all the cake pops and let them chill in the freezer for 5 minutes.
After the five-minute mark, you can take the cake pops out of the freezer. In a large bowl, melt the rest of the candy. Then, dip the cake pops into the melted candy until completely covered. You can also do this with a spoon if that is easier.
But either way, make sure that the cake pops are completely covered with chocolate. Also, remove excess candy by tapping the lollipop stick against the bowl’s rim. Then, place the ends of the sticks into the styrofoam and let the cake pops dry halfway through.
Then, add white sprinkles on top of the cake pops and let them dry until completely done. Serve immediately or store for later!
What Variations Can Be Made With Starbucks Cake Pops?
Here we are following a recipe to make cake pops similar to the ones from Starbucks. However, many variations can still be made with this recipe. Some variations that I like and would recommend are given below.
- Flavor Variations – Here, if the vanilla cake isn’t something you like, you can try different flavors to make these cake pops instead. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting is undoubtedly the best combination, along with the classic red velvet and cream cheese frosting.
- Color Variations – As the holiday season approaches, try making cake pops that are even more appropriate for Christmas. You could try candy melts of colors other than pink, like red or green. Or, you could also try a mix of two colors.
- Design Variations – Lastly, the cake pops are also really versatile regarding their design. Here again, if you would like to make special cake pops for Christmas, there are various additional toppings that you could try, like MnMs and even hard pretzels!
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
How Will The Starbucks Cake Pops Look And Taste Like?
Once you are done making the cake pops, you might wonder what they would look like. Well, I won’t say they will look the same as the ones from Starbucks. However, the cake pops will look very similar.
These cake pops will have a vibrant pink color, which makes them very appealing to the eye, along with the added sprinkles. These cake pops will surely be loved by children and adults alike! Moreover, the sweet vanilla flavor and the hard candy on top create a wonderful bite of textures and sweet goodness!
Starbucks Cake Pops Recipe
- Cake Pan
- Baking Tray
- Lollipop Sticks
- 15 oz Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 tablespoons Vanilla Frosting
- 12 oz Candy Melts
- White Sprinkles
- Bake the boxed cake as per the instructions from beginning to end.
- Once done, take the cake out of the oven and let it cool down completely.
- After the cake has cooled down, transfer it into a large bowl and break it apart until it forms small crumbs.
- Add the vanilla frosting to the cake, divide it into 30 balls, and place them on a baking tray.
- Melt some of the candy, dip one side of the lollipop stick in it, and then insert the stick into the cake pop just halfway through.
- Place the cake pops on the tray and chill them in the freezer for five minutes.
- Now, melt the rest of the candy and take the cake pops out of the freezer.
- Dip the cake pops completely into the melted candy until it is completely covered with it, and then place them in the styrofoam and let them dry halfway.
- Add some white sprinkles on the cake pops and let them dry completely, after which, serve!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do the cake pops have to be vanilla flavored?
No, you can follow the same recipe to make cake pops of any flavor.
Can different colored candies be used to cover the cake pops?
Yes, you can use any colored candy that you like to cover the cake pops.
Is it necessary to freeze the cake pops before dipping them into the candy?
Yes, freezing them will make them stable and reduce the chances of the cake pops breaking apart while dipping in the candy.
Can anything other than sprinkles be used to decorate the cake pops?
Yes, you can use candy, chocolates, pretzels, and even edible glitter to decorate the cake pops if you would like.
Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, these cake pops are the best variation of a regular cake that you could ever try! These sweet and versatile cake pops can be made or customized the way you want! The perfect holiday treat does exist in the form of these cake pops! Happy holidays to all!