Nothing defines fall more than a lovely apple crisp macchiato from Starbucks! This beverage has been winning hearts ever since it came out. But even if it isn’t a part of the Starbucks menu anymore, you can still enjoy this macchiato right at home with this really simple recipe!
Fall drinks are something that a lot of us eagerly wait for all year long. There’s just something so great about the combination of spices and the rest of the ingredients that make these irresistible! Most coffee chains, like Starbucks, always have a special menu curated for fall, which includes the apple crisp macchiato.
But it is indeed sad that as soon as fall is over, the fall beverages are off the menu, and then you have to wait an entire year to enjoy these again! But not anymore! With this really easy recipe for apple crisp macchiato, you can enjoy this fall favorite all year long!
Moreover, the best part about this is that the process is pretty simple and so are the ingredients. Some things, like the apple brown sugar syrup, can be made and kept way ahead of time! Here, I haven’t mentioned the entire recipe for the apple brown sugar syrup, but you can check it out here!
Along with the ingredients and the method to make this macchiato, this article also has information about the equipment needed to make it, along with the time needed and nutritional information. Now, let’s get going with this exceptional fall recipe!
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato?
- Saucepan – A medium-sized saucepan will be needed to make the apple crisp drizzle that goes on top of the beverage.
- Whisk – A whisk will help mix all the ingredients together for the apple crisp drizzle.
- Bowl – This is optional. However, if you would like to cool down your apple crisp drizzle quickly, then you will need a small, shallow bowl to transfer it to.
- Measuring Cups – Just to make sure all the proportions are right in this recipe, you will need a set of measuring cups.
- Measuring Spoons – Again, for the ingredients needed in smaller quantities, a set of measuring spoons will help with precise measurements.
- Cup – You will need a large cup or glass to make the macchiato.
- Spoon – This is optional, but if you would like to stir your drink before you have it, a large spoon will be required.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||10 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato?
For The Apple Crisp Drizzle :
- Apple Juice – Here, to get a cup of apple crisp drizzle, we will be using two cups of unsweetened apple juice.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar will help thicken the syrup and also give it a rich and malty flavor.
- Cinnamon – About ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon will add a lot of flavor to the drizzle.
For The Macchiato :
- Espresso Shot – A single espresso shot will be needed to make this macchiato. You can also make this shot by mixing together hot water and instant espresso powder if you don’t have an espresso machine. The volume of a single shot is 1.25 oz.
- Apple Brown Sugar Syrup – About 2 tablespoons of apple brown sugar will help give this recipe a great fall flavor.
- Milk – About ¾ cup of any milk of your choice will be added to this recipe.
- Apple Crisp Drizzle – Lastly, we will be topping the macchiato off with two tablespoons of the apple crisp drizzle.
Steps To Make Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato
1. Prepare The Apple Crisp Drizzle
We’ll start off by preparing the apple crisp drizzle and letting it cool down before moving to the macchiato. Add the apple juice, cinnamon and brown sugar to a saucepan and bring them to a boil. After that, reduce the heat to medium and let the drizzle reduce to ¾ the quantity, which should take about 20-30 minutes. This will give you a yield of ½ cup. Once it has reached the right consistency, take it off the heat and transfer it to a bowl, letting it cool down completely.
2. Make The Macchiato
To make the macchiato, start by adding ice and milk, then 2 tablespoons of the apple brown sugar syrup. Then, add in the espresso and, finally, the apple crisp drizzle. Enjoy!
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||217 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will The Apple Crisp Macchiato Look And Taste Like?
This apple crisp macchiato will actually look exactly like the one from Starbucks! The caramel drizzle, along with the apple brown sugar syrup, adds some color as well. As far as taste goes, all I can say is this macchiato tastes exactly like fall in a cup!
The malty and sweet flavor of the apple, along with the bitterness of the coffee, work really well together. All in all, just a very satisfying experience that you can now enjoy at any time of the year!
Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato Copycat Recipe
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
For The Apple Crisp Drizzle :
- 2 cups Apple Juice
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
For The Macchiato :
- 1.25 oz Espresso Shot
- 2 tablespoons Apple Brown Sugar Syrup
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Apple Crisp Drizzle
For The Apple Caramel Drizzle :
- In a saucepan, add the sugar, apple juice and cinnamon powder and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then let it simmer for 20-30 minutes until it is thick.
- Take off the heat once done and transfer to a bowl; let it cool.
For The Apple Crisp Macchiato :
- In a glass, add some ice and top it off with milk and apple brown sugar syrup.
- Add the espresso on top and, finally, some apple caramel drizzle. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can any spice other than cinnamon be added to the drizzle?
Yes, you can add nutmeg or even allspice!
Can instant espresso be used for this recipe?
Yes, you can use instant espresso for this recipe.
Can the apple caramel drizzle be stored in the refrigerator for later?
Yes, you can easily store the drizzle and also the syrup for later!
Can this recipe be made vegan?
Yes, you can use plant-based milk in this recipe if you would like.
This apple crisp macchiato is the perfect amount of spice and will remind you of autumn with the first sip! This recipe makes it taste exactly like the macchiato from Starbucks! This way, you can enjoy this special fall beverage at any time of the year!