Who doesn’t want to have a Star-Studded Blueberry Pie after dinner? It not only savours our taste buds but also is a treat for our eyes. And in this blog, I am going to show you how you can make this pie at your home.
I went to my friend’s birthday party once where I was served this dessert after dinner. Just the looks of this pie made my mouth so watery. I wanted to taste it so badly and then the fragrance of that came towards me which contained the elements of cooked blueberries. This made me more eager to eat it. It was the tastiest blueberry pie I had ever tasted and making it at home is so much easy.
For this star-studded blueberry pie, you need 6 ingredients. First prepare the dough and mix blueberries, tapioca, lemon juice, butter and salt. Now put this mix in the pie pastry and let it bake. Now cut the dough in a star shape and put the stars on the baked pie. Now bake it again for 15 minutes and your star-studded blueberry pie is ready.
This was just a quick recipe. I have mentioned the detailed steps with timings and the nutritional content below. But first, let’s head on to the ingredients.
Ingredients for Making Star-Studded Blueberry Pie
- 9 inches of Pastry for Pie (double crust)
- 4-5 cups Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 1 and a half cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Quick-Cooking Tapioca
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice or White Vinegar
- ¼ tablespoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter
These are all the ingredients that are required for making star-studded blueberry pie. You can grab from the nearby supermarket.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Star-Studded Blueberry Pie?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||60 minutes||45 minutes||120 minutes|
For saving your time, you can cut out and bake the star pieces in advance. Now let’s follow the below steps to make the yummiest this star-spangled dessert.
Steps to Make Star-Studded Blueberry Pie
- First, we have to take a wooden board and roll the dough over it to make the pie. We should roll half of the dough to a circle of ⅛ inch thickness and place it over a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the remaining pastry on the plate with scissors. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes. Then keep the oven heated at 400 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the blueberries, tapioca, lemon juice and salt with hands gently and thoroughly. Let the mix stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Then add the mix inside the pie pastry with added butter. At 400 degrees, bake it in the oven. Then bring the heat down to 350 degrees and bake for 10 more minutes. Keep the edges loosely covered to prevent the chances of burning. Then, again bake for 15-20 minutes on the lower rack of the oven till the blueberries become swollen and burst out. Then, cool on a wire rack.
- Then roll the other half of the dough to a ⅛ inch thick circle. Use the star-shaped cutter to cut the dough into small stars of the same size. Put a baking sheet over it and bake it for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees until a golden brown colour is seen. Remove them and place them to cool for some time. After this, put those stars on the pie in the desired pattern.
Note– It would be best if you kept in mind not skipping the resting time of 30 minutes before baking and for the ultra-smooth filling use the finely ground tapioca in a food processor before stirring it in.
Full of the sweet and tasty blueberry filling makes this pie so delicious. And tasty case of the pie which was made like stars laying on a sea of blueberries makes it so good looking.
Nutritional Breakdown of Star-Studded Blueberry Pie
If being delectable, the dessert provides you with nutrition too, what else can you wish for. So, here is a table showing the amount of calories and nutrients 1 piece can provide.
How to Make a Star-Studded Blueberry Pie | Video
I have also uploaded a video with this which can help you in the process. Watch the video and try this star-studded dessert.
Try making this at your home and let me know your reviews regarding my recipe in the comment box. You all should try this mouthwatering blueberry pie with tapioca. You can also check our website and try some other dishes. Also, drop in your suggestions if you want any other recipe. I will be happy to help you make more tasty dishes. Till then, enjoy your luscious dessert.