The star-studded blueberry pie is a delicious and aesthetically pleasing dessert. It not only savours our taste buds but also is a treat for our eyes. In this blog, I am going to tell you how you can make this pie from the comfort of your home.
I stumbled upon this beautiful dessert accidentally once, when I was craving something sweet. I went to this small bakery and saw the star-studded blueberry pie on display. I wanted to try and see if its taste matched the looks. I am happy to inform whether it comes to taste or visually appetizing qualities, this dessert passes with flying colors.
For this star-studded blueberry pie, you just need 6 ingredients. First, prepare the dough. Then, mix blueberries, tapioca, lemon juice, butter and salt. Now put this mix in the pie pastry and let it bake. Now, cut the dough in star shape and put the stars on the baked pie. Now bake it again for 15 minutes and your star-studded blueberry pie is ready.
But first, I’ve mentioned some other cherry pie recipes that I think you should definitely try at your home.
1. St Clements Pie- St Clements pie is named after Saint Clements. It is basically very much similar to the key lime pie that tastes creamy and tangy. The only difference is it has a base made from digestive biscuits and oranges and limes.
2. Apple Pear Pie– Apples and pears are a natural pair. A dish that has the combination of both tastes divine. Apple Pear Pie is indeed a mouth-watering and delicious dish.
3. Transparent Pie– This transparent pie a very popular recipe here in Kentucky, and it’s no wonder. One bite of its rich, custard-like filling and you’ll be hooked on this delicious pie for life.
4. Frito Pie– Frito pie is a Mexican dish but is quite popular in America. Even though the name suggests otherwise, it is a savory dish made of beef, frito chips and cheese. It is a perfect combination of spicy, salty and cheesy flavor.
Star-Studded Blueberry Pie Recipe
- Wooden Board
- Wire Rack
- 9 inches Pastry for Pie
- 4 Cups Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 1½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Quick-Cooking Tapioca
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice or White Vinegar
- ¼ tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Butter
- First, we have to take a wooden board and roll the dough over it to make the pie crust. We should roll half of the dough to a circle of ⅛ inch thickness and place it over a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the remaining pastry with scissors. Then, refrigerate it for 30 minutes. Then keep the oven heated at 400 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, mix the blueberries, tapioca, lemon juice and salt, gently and thoroughly. Let the mix rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Then, fill the pie pastry with the blueberry mix after you’ve added butter. At 400 degrees, bake it in the oven. Then, bring the heat down to 350 degrees and bake for 10 more minutes. Keep the edges loosely covered to prevent burning.
- Again, bake for 15-20 minutes on the lower rack of the oven till the blueberries become swollen and burst out. Then, cool on a wire rack.
- Roll the other half of the dough to about ⅛ inch thick. Use the star-shaped cutter to cut the dough into small stars of the same size. Put a baking sheet over it and bake it for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees until a golden brown color is seen. Take them out and let them cool for some time. After this, put those stars on the pie in the desired pattern.