St Clements pie serves as an amazing choice for dessert that you must definitely try and today; I’ve mentioned its detailed recipe below.
St Clements pie is named after Saint Clements. It is basically very much similar to key lime pie that tastes creamy and tangy, similar to this St Clements pie. The only difference is it has a base made from digestive biscuits and oranges and limes which puts up an amazing taste to the pies and I am sure you will love making it and eating it.
For St Clements pie, crush the biscuits and corn flakes and make their crumbs. Put suger and butter in it and bake for around 10 minutes. Whisk egg and milk in a bowl and add the lime juice and orange juice in it. Pour the mixture in the biscuit mixture and bake for around 20 minutes. Prepare the topping by combining yogurt, cream and icing sugar together and pour it over the pie.
You will have to almost bake the pie overnight to get its perfect taste. But there are more detailed steps to this recipe waiting for you ahead with its nutritional values and a video demonstration. But first, let’s check out the ingredients.
Ingredients For St Clements Pie
- 100g Cornflakes
- 250g Digestive Biscuit
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 85g Melted Butter
- 400g Condensed Milk
- 1 Egg
- 4 Egg Yolks
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 4 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 100g Greek Yogurt
- 150ml Extra Thick Double Cream
- 4 tablespoon Icing Sugar
You all must have read the ingredients properly. Now prepare your ingredients list and get all the ingredients from the nearby general stores. Let’s move forward to the time it will be taking to make this recipe.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make St Clements Pie?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|1 hour||35 minutes||1 hour 35 minutes|
As you are done with the time required, I am sure you must be eager to get the method for cooking. So let’s begin.
Steps To Make St Clements Pie
- Firstly, preheat the oven and place a slightly shallow tin of 22 cm on a baking sheet.
- Crush the biscuits and make their crumbs, put them in a bowl.
- Toss in the cornflakes and make their crumbs and then put in the sugar and butter, and press to the sides and bottom of the tin.
- Start baking it for 14- 16 minutes and then take out the tin from the oven.
- Now whisk the egg yolks and the egg together in a bowl until it gets pale.
- Add in the milk and whisk it too and after that add in the zests and juices too.
- Put all of the mixtures in the tin and bake it for almost 20-22 minutes.
- Next step is to keep the tin still for almost 5- 8 hours.
- At last, whip the yogurt, cream and icing sugar together and put it on the pie and serve it.
Your St Clements Pie is ready. Make sure to try this pie at your home and everyone is going to love it.
Nutritional Breakdown Of St Clements Pie
The proper nutritional information of this pie has been mentioned above.
How To Make St Clements Pie At Home | Video
A video has been added above to help you in each approaching step for making the recipe.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. Do share your reviews in the comments section below and if you want any recipe on thefoodxp blog, do let us know in the comments section below.