St Clements pie serves as an amazing choice for dessert that you must definitely try. Today, I’ve mentioned its detailed recipe below.
St Clements pie is named after Saint Clements. It is basically very much similar to the key lime pie that tastes creamy and tangy, similar to this St Clements pie. The only difference is it has a base made from digestive biscuits and oranges and limes, which puts up an amazing taste to the pies and I am sure you will love making it and eating it.
For St Clements pie, crush the biscuits and corn flakes and make their crumbs. Put sugar and butter in it and bake for around 10 minutes. Whisk egg and milk in a bowl and add the lime juice and orange juice to it. Pour the mixture into the biscuit mixture and bake for around 20 minutes. Prepare the topping by combining yogurt, cream and icing sugar together and pour it over the pie.
Don’t have Greek yogurt to put in pie? Here are a few Greek yogurt substitutes in baking that you can try.
You will have to almost bake the pie overnight to get its perfect taste. But there are more detailed steps to this recipe waiting for you ahead with its nutritional values and a video demonstration. But first, I’ve mentioned some other cherry pie recipes that I think you should definitely try at your home.
1. Key Lime Pie– This is the best key lime pie recipe on the internet that has a sweet and tart taste. When you’ll make it, everyone is going to love it your family.
2. Star-Studded Blueberry Pie– The star-studded blueberry pie is a delicious and aesthetically pleasing dessert. It not only savours our taste buds but also is a treat for our eyes. So, you can make this pie easily at your home.
3. Velvety Chocolate Butter Pecan Pie– The richness of this pie will make you go nuts. This pie is a classic combination of Pecan Pie and Chocolate Pie. This dessert is undoubtedly irresistible once you take a bite.
4. Transparent Pie– This transparent pie a very popular recipe here in Kentucky, and it’s no wonder. One bite of its rich, custard-like filling and you’ll be hooked on this delicious pie for life.
St Clements Pie Recipe
- 100 g Cornflakes
- 250 g Digestive Biscuit
- 140 g Caster Sugar
- 85 g Melted Butter
- 400 g Condensed Milk
- 1 Egg
- 4 Egg Yolks
- ½ Cup Orange Juice
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 100 g Greek Yogurt
- 150 ml Extra Thick Double Cream
- 4 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Firstly, preheat the oven and place a slightly shallow tin of 22 cm on a baking sheet.
- Crush the biscuits and make their crumbs; put them in a bowl.
- Toss in the cornflakes and make their crumbs and then put in the sugar and butter, and press to the sides and bottom of the tin.
- Start baking it for 14- 16 minutes and then take out the tin from the oven.
- Now whisk the egg yolks and the egg together in a bowl until it gets pale.
- Add in the milk and whisk it too and after that, add in the zests and juices too.
- Put all of the mixtures in the tin and bake it for almost 20-22 minutes.
- The next step is to keep the tin still for almost 5- 8 hours.
- At last, whip the yogurt, cream and icing sugar together and put it on the pie and serve it.