The recipe which I am going to tell you guys is very interesting and easy. We eat this recipe almost every day at our home. Any guesses what are we making today? Well, it is the most common recipe that I can share with you guys. Today we are going to learn, how to make Squaw Bread.
Squaw bread is my favourite and I eat it almost every day in my breakfast. One day, my mom decided to make this bread at home as she is very fond of cooking. After she made it at home, I was very much surprised. It was very soft, tasty and so fresh; I asked my mom if she could tell me the Squaw Bread recipe so that I can also make it and share it on my blog.
So, let’s start making this squaw bread. But before we start let me tell you, this recipe will require a lot of time to get prepared, so you have to be patient while it gets completed.
The ingredients that you will need for this recipe are given in the box below. Please note down the ingredients and get ready to make it.
Ingredients for Squaw Bread
|Wheat flour||2-2 ½ cups|
|All-purpose flour||1 cup|
|Granulated sugar||3 tsp|
|Dry yeast||1 packet|
|Warm water||1-1 ½ cup|
|Cocoa powder||2 tsp|
So, these ingredients are required for this amazing recipe and you will easily find these ingredients from the nearest supermarket or grocery store.
How Much Time It Will Take?
As I told you it will take time to prepare this squaw bread recipe. Here is the complete time arrangement of this recipe.
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|1 hour 30 minutes||30 minutes||2 hours|
Now let’s jump straight to the part for what we’ve been waiting for. Yes, you guessed it right, I am talking about the recipe of Squaw Bread.
Squaw Bread Recipe
- Take a bowl and mix yeast, water and sugar in it. Keep it aside and leave it for about 5 minutes until yeast in the mixture starts its reaction.
- Add the other ingredients into the bowl and start kneading with your hands or you can use the mixer as well.
- Keep kneading until you feel the dough is soft enough and lacks the moisture. Add the dry flour if needed to control the moisture content.
- Move the dough ball into a lightly greased container and cover the dough with a cotton cloth. Let the dough rest for about 1 hour so that it becomes softer and easier to use.
- Now just preheat the oven to 455 ° C and if you have a pizza tone then keep it inside the oven for 20 minutes and allow it to get heated. Use a baking sheet if you don’t have pizza stone.
- Sprinkle with cornmeal parchment paper, and put a smooth dough ball on top. Now move the parchment paper onto the pizza stone or baking sheet when you are ready with the dough.
- Bake until golden for 30-35 minutes, and sound hollow when knocking on the bread.
- Take it out from the oven and let it cool on its own.
So, you are done baking the Squaw bread and its ready to eat. Enjoy this recipe with your friends and family on a lazy Sunday or whenever you want.
Nutritional Facts Of Squaw Bread
This recipe is very healthy and doesn’t have added preservatives or harmful ingredients. Here is the complete nutritional breakdown of this recipe which will help you to know more about it.
|Dietary fiber||2 gm|
How To Make Squaw Bread at Home | Video
This recipe is not that difficult to make, but I will still recommend this video which will guide you through all the steps. This will help you to make this recipe easier and you will come to know about different tips and tricks of this recipe while making.
I hope you enjoyed this Squaw Bread recipe and will make it at your home. Please let us know your valuable reviews and comments in the comment section below. And stay tuned for more such recipes.