The spinach frittata recipe is really healthy and delicious. We all know eggs and spinach are healthy for our bodies. This recipe consists eggs, spinach, and cheese. So, let’s get started.
To make spinach frittata, mix eggs, milk, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Sauté onions, garlic, and tomatoes in a pan with oil. Add spinach and cook until the volume of the spinach is reduced.
Once done, add the egg mixture to the pan. To this, add pieces of goat cheese and cook for about ten minutes. Then, place in a broiler for about three minutes until it turns golden brown.
Goat cheese adds a lovely tang to the frittata. If you don’t have any on hand, you can easily use jack, cheddar, mozzarella, or Gruyere. Just add a little squeeze of lemon juice for some acidity.
This was just a snippet of the entire recipe. Find the complete recipe below. But before that, take a look at different breakfast recipes that might enlighten your taste buds.
1. Country Fried Ham– Country fried ham is a southern classic. The country-fried ham recipe that I am going to share today can be enjoyed on its own as well as clubbed with others.
2. Scottish Oatcakes– Oatcakes are one of the most popular and traditional dishes of Scotland. It is also considered as the bread of Scotland. They are made by baking in the oven and are really nutritious.
3. Rolos Pretzels– If you want to make a sweet and fun snack for your kids then, the rolls pretzel is the perfect one to make. All you need is square pretzels, rolls, and M&M’s. They get ready in no time and are a great treat.
4. Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal– It is said that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the meal. One such healthy breakfast recipe is the peanut butter banana oatmeal.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Spinach Frittata?
- Oven – Cook the frittata in the oven for about 3 to 4 minutes until the top of the frittata turns golden in color.
- Broiler – Bake your frittata on your broiler until the top of the frittata turns golden in color.
- Oven-Proof Skillet – Prepare the frittata mixture in an oven-proof skillet until frittata is set.
- Mixing Bowl – Prepare the egg mixture in mixing bowl for the recipe.
- Spatula – With the help of a spatula, make sure the mixture reaches the bottom of the pan.
- Knife – Chop the veggies into chunks with a knife for the recipe.
- Chopping Board – Chop and mince the veggies on a chopping board for fine cutting.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Spinach Frittata?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||35 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Spinach Frittata?
- Eggs – Eggs expand as they heat, causing the frittata to grow.
- Milk – Milk is the ingredient that gives frittatas its signature creamy and fluffy texture.
- Parmesan Cheese – Adding a bit of parmesan cheese is essential for getting the moisture and creaminess of the frittata just right.
- Goat Cheese – Goat cheese will add a kick of mild, earthy, and buttery but tart flavor to your spinach frittata.
- Olive Oil – Fry the veggies in olive oil until translucent and crispy.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes – Tomatoes will add a sweet and rich flavor to frittata.
- Onion – Chop and cook the onion to give your spinach frittata a sweet, crispy, and umami flavor.
- Fresh Spinach – Fresh spinach will add delicate texture with more acidic and robust flavor.
- Garlic – Roasted garlic will add a soft, sweet, and buttery flavor to frittata mixture.
- Salt – Salt will give our spinach frittata a tender texture.
- Ground Black Pepper – If you don’t add black pepper to your frittata, it will end up tasting bland.
Steps To Make Spinach Frittata
1. The Basics
Take a mixing bowl, and add eggs, milk, and shredded parmesan cheese. Mix them well and season with some salt and pepper. Keep it aside.
While, in an oven-proof skillet, add some olive oil and place it over medium heat. Once heated, add the chopped onions and cook them until they turn translucent for about 4 to 5 minutes.
Now, add some minced garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and cook it for about a minute more until caramelized.
Add some chopped spinach and cook them along with onions; as the spinach wilts, add more.
2. Bake And Shake
After the spinach has reduced in volume, add this egg mix with parmesan over its top. With the help of a spatula, make sure the mixture reaches the bottom of the pan.
Also, add the small pieces of goat cheese over the frittata mixture and cover the pan. Let it cook for 10 to 13 minutes until you see that it is almost cooked and has taken a proper shape. If the center of the frittata is set, it is cooked.
Preheat your broiler and keep the rack in the top third row of the oven. Cook it for about 3 to 4 minutes until the top of the frittata turns golden in color. Take it out and let it cool a little bit. Then, serve it.
How Will Spinach Frittata Look And Taste Like?
Spinach frittata will taste just as good as it looks, with a fluffy texture and rich and creamy flavor. As a bonus, since it doesn’t have a flour crust, it’s suitable for even gluten-free eaters.
Stuffed with spinach and two kinds of cheese, this spinach frittata makes a lovely brunch, lunch, or light dinner.
Spinach frittata has mild flavors which is bolstered by sweet onions, buttery goat cheese, and nutty parmesan. The cheeses melt and mingle with the eggs, giving this dish just the right amount of decadence.
Spinach Frittata Recipe
- Oven-Proof Skillet
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- 9 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Milk
- 2 oz. Goat Cheese
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 teaspoon Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion
- 8 oz. Chopped Fresh Spinach
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, and parmesan cheese. Mix them well and season with some salt and pepper. Keep it aside.
- In an oven-proof skillet, add some olive oil and place it over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook them until they turn translucent for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add some garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and cook it for about a minute more.
- Add some chopped spinach and cook them along with onions; as the spinach wilts, add more.
- After the spinach has reduced in volume, add this egg mix with parmesan over its top.
- With the help of a spatula, make sure the mixture reaches the bottom of the pan.
- Also, add the small pieces of goat cheese over the frittata mixture and cover the pan.
- Let it cook for 10-13 minutes until you see that it is almost cooked and has taken a proper shape. If the center of the frittata is set, it is cooked.
- Preheat your broiler and keep the rack in the top third row of the oven.
- Cook it for about 3-4 minutes until the top of the frittata turns golden in color. Take it out and let it cool a little bit. Then, serve it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What’s a Frittata?
A frittata is one of the easiest egg dishes you can make for a fancy brunch or any time of day. It’s very similar to a quiche, in that both of them are egg dishes made with a mix of fillings (vegetables and/or meat and cheeses) and eggs whipped with milk or cream. You can think of a frittata as a crustless quiche.
How do you keep spinach frittata, fluffy?
Adding a bit of dairy, whether it’s cream or thick yogurt, is essential for getting the moisture and creaminess of the frittata just right. For every dozen eggs, use a half cup of dairy. It can be cream, whole milk, sour cream, yogurt, crème fraîche, even cottage cheese.
Is a frittata baked or fried?
The frittata can be cooked either in the oven or on the stovetop, but no matter which method is used it is almost always placed under the broiler at the end of cooking time. The alternative is to flip over the frittata in the frying pan which can be very tricky.
Can you freeze spinach frittata?
This spinach frittata recipe does not freeze that well. We do have other egg recipes you can make ahead to freeze, like our Instant Pot Egg Bites and Cheesy Hash Egg Brown Bites, both of which can be made with spinach.
I hope you liked this spinach frittata recipe. I think you should have tea or drink with it, which will make it taste even better.
Do tell us your experiences and valuable reviews about this recipe in the comments box below. Till then, stay tuned for more such content.