Spinach apple salad is a tasty, nourishing meal packed with adequate and essential nutrients. It can be a solitary resort for lunch or can be served along with the main course. If you are aboard the wagon of healthy eating, get ready for a classic recipe.
This ultimate recipe is a perfect example of how a few simple ingredients can get you a healthy appetizer. It comprises the toss and turn of spinach, apples, nuts, and cheese. Enjoy an amazing salad in just 20 minutes!
Baby spinach is often used for the recipe. You can customize this recipe by adding other fruits of your choice. The vinaigrette can be prepared and stored for later use. One thing that’ll give your salad dressing an additional kick is some pomegranate molasses.
Don’t have pomegranate molasses? Well, here is a list of pomegranate molasses substitutes.
What Equipment Will You Need to Make Spinach Apple Salad?
- Bowls – You need two bowls to prepare the vinaigrette as well as for the final salad.
- Whisk – You need a whisk to mix the ingredients well for the vinaigrette.
- Spatula – You require a spatula to toss the ingredients.
How Much Time Will You Need to Make Spinach Apple Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need to Make Spinach Apple Salad?
- Baby Spinach – A very healthy source of indispensable nutrients and vitamins, use baby spinach for the recipe.
- Apple – You can use both red and green apples in this recipe.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is the right choice to absorb all the nutrients, giving you an exciting aroma.
- Mustard Sauce – Use Dijon mustard(mustard prepared from brown mustard seed) sauce for that sweet and spicy flavor.
- Lime Juice – Lime juice is the perfect pair of spinach as it provides ample nutritional benefits.
- Honey – Honey enhances the flavors in your salad.
- Garlic Clove – Garlic is one of the best seasoning agents that upgrades the overall taste of your salad.
- Salt – There isn’t any substitute for this master!
- Pepper – This condiment renders that spicy touch to your recipe.
- Onion – Onion makes your recipe exceptionally savory!
- Feta Cheese – Adding cheese ensures that you get a rich texture at the end.
Steps to Make Spinach Apple Salad
1. Preparing Honey-Lime Vinaigrette
Take a bowl and pour olive oil, mustard sauce, lime juice, honey, minced garlic clove, salt, pepper. Whisk the ingredients well to get your honey-lime vinaigrette. You can choose a vinegar of your preference rather than lime juice and still get your vinaigrette done.
2. Cutting The Essentials
For your salad, chop baby spinach into little pieces in a bowl. Halve an onion. Dice an apple into thin slices. Mix these together and add in feta cheese cubes.
3. Pour In and Ta-Da!
Pour the vinaigrette into the bowl comprising spinach, apple, and cheese. Toss the ingredients gently. Your healthy meal is ready to be served.
You can garnish your spinach apple salad with grated cheese. If you have readily available seasonal fruits, never be hesitant to add them. Nuts are also a very good option to try out. If vegetarianism is beyond your league, you can try adding some crisp bacon and goat cheese for yet another yummy flavor.
How Will Spinach Apple Salad Look and Taste Like?
Engulfed in an exquisite sweet flavor, brimming with fruits and cheese, spinach apple salad is an irresistible treat to your eyes and tongue. As mentioned before, the recipe is wholly customizable, and therefore, you are sure to get unique flavors based on the ingredients you prefer.
Spinach Apple Salad Recipe
- 2 Baby Spinach
- 1 Apple
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ tablespoon Black Pepper Powder
- ½ Onion
- 2 cubes Feta Cheese
- Take a bowl and pour olive oil, mustard sauce, lime juice, honey, garlic clove, salt, pepper. Whisk the ingredients well.
- Chop baby spinach into little pieces in another bowl. Add half an onion, sliced apple pieces, and feta cheese cubes.
- Pour the prepared mixture into the bowl comprising spinach and apple and toss gently. Serve immediately. Garnish with shredded cheese.
Vegetarians must be thanking me for rewarding them with a highly gratifying salad which can be used as a meal as well. Try out this recipe when you get together with your fellows and let me know if it worked out as I reckon. See you soon!