The recipe I am sharing today is spicy tuna rice. It is made with spicy tuna mixed with cooked rice. It is delicious and really healthy. It is also fairly easy to make.
To make spicy tuna rice, cook rice in a pot. Then, add tuna to a bowl and break it into small pieces. Add red bell peppers, jalapenos, and green onions to it.
Now, mix rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, and lemon juice to the tuna well. Then, add the cooked rice to it and mix well. Serve with green onions and sprinkle red pepper flakes over the rice.
If you use short grain rice or less dressing, then the rice makes get sticky. You can then press the rice, make balls out of them, roll them in sesame seed and make a snack. These balls will be a handy meal for your office or the picnic.
This is just a brief summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are many other recipes that you can make with rice, I highly recommend you to check them as well.
Other Rice Recipes That You Can Try
- Syrian Rice Recipe
- Jasmine Rice Recipe
- Carrot Rice Recipe
- Sticky Rice Recipe
- Chinese Fried Rice Recipe
- Brown Rice Recipe
- Pho Rice Noodles Recipe
- Black-Eyed Peas And Rice Recipe
- Buttered Noodles Recipe
- Italian Rice Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Tuna Rice?
- Pot – Take a heavy pot and cook the rice over medium-high flame until tender and fluffy.
- Mixing Bowls – Add tuna, veggies, and spices in a bowl for the recipe.
- Fork – Using a fork, break the tuna into small pieces and separate the grains of the rice .
- Knife – Chop the onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper into small pieces using a sharp knife.
- Chopping Board – Chop the veggies on a chopping board for fine cutting.
- Spatula – Stir the rice with the tuna mixture until well combined with a spatula.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Tuna Rice?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||10 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Tuna Rice?
- Long Grain Rice – Long grain rice will remain fluffy when cooked. They may clump slightly when cool but can be broken up for making fried rice.
- Water – Pour water in a pan to cook rice until tender and fluffy.
- Tuna Packed In Olive Oil – Tuna packed in olive oil is considered tastier and more flavorful.
- Red Bell Pepper – Ted bell pepper will slight sweetness and fruitiness to the rice.
- Jalapeno Pepper – Jalapeño pepper will add heat to Tuna rice.
- Green Onions – Green onions will add a sharp, spicy, and peppery flavor with a slight sweetness to the rice.
- Seasoned Rice Vinegar – Rice vinegar will lighten up your tuna, giving it a lively edge.
- Soy Sauce – Use soy sauce for a savory accent.
- Sesame Oil – Sesame oil will lend incomparable nuttiness to Tuna rice.
- Sriracha Hot Sauce – Sriracha hot sauce will add a hot and tangy flavor. It is highly used with seafood to add savory kick.
- Lemon Juice – A squeeze of lemon juice adds moisture to the seafood.
- Korean Red Pepper Flakes – Gochugaru, a Korean red pepper flakes will add a slightly sweet and smoky flavor.
Steps To Make Tuna Rice
1. Rice Preparation Is On
Take a heavy pot and add one cup of rice and one and a half cup of water to it. Bring them to boil on medium-high flame until tender and fluffy.
Do not stir the rice while cooking. Once boiled, bring it to low flame and cover it. Cook it on low flame for 15 minutes.
2. The Tuning Process
Take a large mixing bowl and put tuna in it. Using a fork, break the tuna into small pieces. Now chop red bell pepper, green onion, and jalapenos into small pieces.
Add chopped red bell peppers, jalapenos, and green onions to the bowl. Now, stir in rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, and lemon juice to the tuna.
Mix them well so that they combine. Turn off the flame and leave your rice covered for 10 minutes.
3. Mix And Match
Using a fork, separate the grains of the rice and transfer them to the bowl with the tuna. Mix them well to combine all the ingredients.
Taste it to add any seasoning if needed. Serve it with sprinkled red pepper flakes and a teaspoon of green onions.
How Will Tuna Rice Look And Taste Like?
Tuna rice is a popular dish in many parts of the world, and it can vary significantly in taste depending on the ingredients used. Generally speaking, tuna rice is a rice dish that is flavored with tuna, and it can be either mild or spicy.
The tuna itself can also be cooked in a variety of ways, which will also affect the taste of the dish. Overall, tuna rice is a hearty and filling dish that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
Tuna Rice Recipe
- Mixing Bowls
- Chopping Board
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice
- 1½ cup Water
- 7 ounce Tuna Packed In Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha Hot Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Sesame Oil
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper (finely diced)
- ¼ cup Jalapeno Pepper (finely diced)
- ½ cup Green Onions (finely sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Korean Red Pepper Flakes
- Take a heavy pot and add one cup of rice and one and a half cup of water to it.
- Bring them to boil on medium-high flame until tender and fluffy.
- Do not stir the rice while cooking. Once boiled, bring it to low flame and cover it. Cook it on low flame for 15 minutes.
- Take a large mixing bowl and put tuna in it.
- Using a fork, break the tuna into small pieces. Now chop red bell pepper, green onion, and jalapenos into small pieces.
- Add chopped red bell peppers, jalapenos, and green onions to the bowl.
- Now, stir in rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, and lemon juice to the tuna.
- Mix them well so that they combine. Turn off the flame and leave your rice covered for 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, separate the grains of the rice and transfer them to the bowl with the tuna.
- Mix them well to combine all the ingredients.
- Taste it to add any seasoning if needed.
- Serve it with sprinkled red pepper flakes and a teaspoon of green onions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What more you can add to Tuna rice?
Add regular mayonnaise for an extra kick. To offset any heat, swap out soy sauce for ponzu or add lime juice to allow the citrus to cut through. If you want to get real fancy, top the tuna with specialty items like chili oil, kimchi, or melted cheese. Tuna tastes even better when it’s sweeter
Is tuna and brown rice a good lunch?
The brown rice and quinoa with tuna is a protein-packed lunch that is also low in sugar and sodium (only 348mg). It’s also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and fibre.
Can I eat tuna and rice for breakfast?
Start the day with a beautiful, grassy pour of green tea… straight into your bowl of tuna and rice. The Japanese are no strangers to raw fish for breakfast, and this ‘ochazuke’ or tuna with green tea and rice is a wonderful way to get on board with this cleansing idea.
How long does this dish keep?
The prepared tuna keeps 1-2 days in the fridge, but it’s best to eat it the day you make it.
It’s basically a tuna rice bowl of hot rice topped with canned tuna mixed with mayo and a bit of black pepper. If you liked this recipe, then don’t forget to share your experience with us. Till then, Bon Appetit!