Health is a significant concern today. With our lifestyle, we may not be able to adapt to healthy eating options. So, we all look forward to having a healthy comfort meal whenever there is an option. However, it becomes difficult to prepare a healthy meal due to our busy schedule. We mostly opt for instant food, which has preservatives in it but is full of fats. The recipe I am sharing today is Spicy Tuna Rice.
Rice is something we all treat as comfort food. Taking this into consideration, I thought to share a rice dish with you. The combination of rice and tuna makes a perfectly balanced meal. The starch of the rice and protein from the tuna makes it balanced and healthy. This is a low-fat dish, even though it is a type of fried rice.
This dish will become a hit on your table. It will give the taste of a restaurant at your home. Not only you but everyone at your place will love the flavors of this dish. So, check out the recipe to begin with the cooking.
Ingredients for Spicy Tuna Rice
|Uncooked Long Grain Rice||1 cup|
|Water||1 ½ cups|
|Tuna Packed in Olive Oil||1 jar/ 7 ounce|
|Red Bell Pepper||½ cup finely diced|
|Jalapeno Pepper||¼ cup finely diced|
|Green Onions||¼ cup finely sliced|
|Seasoned Rice vinegar||1/3 cup|
|Soy Sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Sesame oil||½ teaspoon|
|Sriracha Hot sauce||2 teaspoons|
|Korean red pepper flakes||1 pinch|
|Green Onions||1 teaspoon finely sliced|
A good meal can make everyone happy. Let’s see how much time you will need to make this restaurant style dish in your kitchen.
How Much Time It Will Bake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||10 minutes||40 minutes|
The preparation time for this recipe is not much. A healthy meal bowl in 40 minutes is a great thing. Follow the instructions to proceed.
Spicy Tuna Rice Recipe
- Take a heavy pot. Add rice and water to it. Bring them to boil on medium-high flame. Do not stir while cooking. Once boiled, now bring it to low flame and cover it. Cook it on low flame for 15 minutes.
- Take a large mixing bowl and place tuna in it. Using your hands or a fork, break the tuna.
- Add red bell peppers, jalapenos, green onions, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha and lemon juice over tuna. Mix them well so that they combine.
- Turn off the flame and leave your rice covered for 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, separate the grains of the rice and transfer them to the mixing bowl. Mix them well to combine all the ingredients. Taste it to add any seasoning if needed.
- Serve it with sprinkled red pepper flakes and a teaspoon of green onions.
If you use short grain rice or less dressing, then the rice makes get sticky. You can then press the rice, make balls out of them, roll them in sesame seed and make a snack. These balls will be a handy meal for your office or the picnic.
Nutritional Breakdown of Spicy Tuna Rice
How to Make Spicy Tuna Rice at Home | Video
Watch the video that I have added to make the recipe easier.
Can’t wait to begin with the recipe? Try it and share your reviews in the comment section. Just in case you have any queries related to the recipe, you can ask your questions in the comment section. If you liked this recipe, do share it with your family and friends. Bon Appetite!