The recipe I am sharing today is spicy tuna rice. It is made with spicy tuna mixed with cooked rice. It is delicious and really healthy. It is also fairly easy to make.
Rice is something we all treat as comfort food. Taking this into consideration, I thought to share a rice dish with you. The combination of rice and tuna makes a perfectly balanced meal. The starch of the rice and protein from the tuna makes it balanced and healthy. This is a low-fat dish, even though it is a type of fried rice.
To make spicy tuna rice, cook rice in a pot. Then, add tuna to a bowl and break it into small pieces. Add red bell peppers, jalapenos, and green onions to it. Also, add rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, and lemon juice to the tuna. Mix them well. Then, add the cooked rice to it and mix well. Serve with green onions and sprinkle red pepper flakes over the rice.
This is just a brief summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are many other recipes that you can make with rice, I highly recommend you to check them as well.
1. Syrian Rice– Syrian rice is not your run-of-the-mill cooked rice. It is rice that is cooked in butter along with orzo pasta or broken spaghetti. It is easy to cook and can be served with a lot of different curries.
2. Chinese Fried Rice– A quick fried rice like you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant. A couple of eggs, baby carrots, peas and soy sauce is all you need.
3. South Indian Tomato Rice– South Indian style Tomato Rice with lots of spices. This is favorite way to make tomato rice, it tastes so good with pickle and a side of yogurt.
4. Italian Rice– Italian rice is a type of fried rice served with delicious roasted vegetables. The fried rice is made with stock, tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic. It is flavored with herbs and served with delicious roasted vegetables.
Ingredients for Spicy Tuna Rice
|uncooked Long Grain Rice||1 cup|
|Water||1 ½ cups|
|Tuna Packed in Olive Oil||1 jar (7 ounce)|
|Red Bell Pepper (finely diced)||½ cup|
|Jalapeno Pepper (finely diced)||¼ cup|
|Green Onions (finely sliced)||¼ cup plus 1 teaspoon|
|Seasoned Rice Vinegar||1/3 cup|
|Soy Sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Sesame oil||½ teaspoon|
|Sriracha Hot sauce||2 teaspoons|
|Korean Red Pepper Flakes||1 pinch|
How Much Time It Will Bake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||10 Minutes||40 Minutes|
Spicy Tuna Rice Recipe
- Take a heavy pot. Add rice and water to it. Bring them to boil on medium-high flame. Do not stir while cooking. Once boiling, bring it to low flame and cover it. Cook it on low flame for 15 minutes.
- Take a large mixing bowl and put tuna in it. Using your hands or a fork, break the tuna into small pieces.
- Add red bell peppers, jalapenos, and green onions. Also, add rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, and lemon juice to the tuna. Mix them well so that they combine.
- Turn off the flame and leave your rice covered for 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, separate the grains of the rice and transfer them to the bowl with the tuna. Mix them well to combine all the ingredients. Taste it to add any seasoning if needed.
- Serve it with sprinkled red pepper flakes and a teaspoon of green onions.
If you use short grain rice or less dressing, then the rice makes get sticky. You can then press the rice, make balls out of them, roll them in sesame seed and make a snack. These balls will be a handy meal for your office or the picnic.
Nutritional Breakdown of Spicy Tuna Rice
How to Make Spicy Tuna Rice at Home | Video
Watch the video that I have added to make the recipe easier.