When I was in China for my business conference and my boss got an invitation from the firm owner for Duanwu Festival. Me and my boss went there, it was all fun there. I got to know something about the Chinese culture, food and about there festival also. Everything was very peaceful there and energetic also.
We went to eat food there, it was myriad variety of food but the dish that attracted me was Spicy Szechuan Vegetables, I found it very interesting and delicious.
Szechuan Vegetables are a mix of world-famous pleasurable veggies mixed with sauces to create luxury and scenic beauty on our plates. It has an American origin, Chinese making and Indie masalas to make it more precise.
Today, I will share the Spicy Szechuan Vegetables recipe that is an art to make and delight to taste, your taste buds are going to love the way it tastes; the smell too would give you a peaceful experience.
There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Stewed Mushrooms– I love to have stew, both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian. When opting for a vegetarian stew, a mushroom stew is what I love the most. It is thick and delicious. It is also really easy to make.
2. Green Eggplant Curry– This recipe is quite delicious and can be made very easily at home. The ingredients used are quite healthy, which makes this dish a good reason to eat.
3. Yucatan Potato Salad– This is not your regular potato salad. Potatoes are combined with roasted peppers, olives, onion and sweet pickle in a lime dressing. Try this when you want to be a little different.
4. Chicken-Fried Steak and Gravy– Chicken Fried Steak with Sawmill Gravy is a true Texas meal. Delicious cube steak in a crunchy, flavorful breading and delicious white gravy!
Ingredients for Spicy Szechuan Vegetables Recipe
|Red chilli paste||2 tsp|
|Tomato ketchup||2 tsp|
|Soya sauce||1 tsp|
|Grated ginger||1 tsp|
|Grated garlic||1 tsp|
|Red chillies||2 units|
|Szechuan pepper corn||8-10 units|
|Chopped celery stems||2 tsp|
|Finely chopped green onion||1 unit|
|Diagonally cut baby corns||5-6 units|
|Chopped broccoli||6-7 pieces|
|Sliced mushroom||½ cup(7-8 units)|
|Chopped all colour capsicum||½ cup|
|Green chilli powder||¼ tsp|
|Corn flour||2 tbsp|
|Sfaed vinegar||1 tsp|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||45 minutes||60 minutes|
Spicy Szechuan Vegetables Recipe
Firstly Prepare Sauce
- In a small bowl add 2 tsp red chilli paste, 2 tsp tomato ketchup, 1 tsp soya sauce and ½ tsp sugar.
- Mix it all and keep aside.
Now Prepare Your Dish
- In a preheated pan add 1 tbsp oil and heat it.
- Add grated ginger and garlic to it and roast it.
- Now add 2 red chillies in the pan with it add Szechuan peppercorn, celery stems and green onion.
- Fry them.
- Now add baby corns, broccoli, mushrooms and capsicum.
- Mix and cook for another 3 minutes on high flame.
- Now add ½ tsp salt and the above-prepared sauce in the pan of fried veggies.
- Mix thoroughly; add ¼ tsp white chilli powder and 1.5 cups water.
- Bring it to boil.
- In a small bowl again mix 2 tbsp cornflour and 4 tbsp water.
- Add this to the above pan of veggies.
- Cook it till thick textured gravy.
- Add 1 tsp sfaed vinegar to it.
- Mix it and serve hot.
Taste a special continental dish as your treat and be sure it will linger on the whole day as one of those special tastes in your mouth. This Spicy Szechuan Vegetables are a perfect delight for a change.
Nutritional Facts Of Spicy Szechuan Vegetables Recipe