In Spain, hot chocolate is enjoyed for breakfast. Let’s see how their recipe for hot chocolate is different from the regular hot chocolate recipe.
Spanish chocolates are super delicious. People in Spain love chocolates like anything. They want everything filled, sprinkled and dipped in chocolate. Spain seems to have chocolate everywhere. This is why hot chocolate is part of their breakfast, as they want to start their day with a good chocolate delight.
To make Spanish hot chocolate, add cornstarch in milk and whisk until it dissolves. Heat the milk and remove it before it starts to boil. Add chocolate and stir till it gets dissolved. Put it back on medium heat and cook it till it begins to thicken. Remove the pan from heat and ladle hot chocolate into the cups. Serve hot.
Above is a brief description of the recipe. Some more details of the recipe are given below. Start with the ingredients you need to have to make a hot cup. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Caramelized White Chocolate– We all have eaten White Chocolates but have you ever ate Caramelized White Chocolate? If no, then I will tell you how to make Caramelized White Chocolate at home, so you can make it at home.
2. Chocolate Sprinkles– Eating ice cream or dessert with some garnished chocolate sprinkles is what everyone dreams for. Those sweet and a little dark flavour adds to the taste of our desserts.
3. Strawberry Vinaigrette– Strawberry is surely one of the most delicious fruits which makes your mouth watery with its taste. Vinaigrette is made by mixing an oil with vinegar or lemon juice. It is commonly used as salad dressing or sometimes as a marinade as well.
4. Clone of a Cinnabon– These rich, gooey cinnamon buns are the best cinnamon buns ever! They are very similar to the ones you might find at the mall, and they’re sweet, moist and delicious.
Ingredients For Spanish Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
You might find all of these ingredients in your kitchen. So, make a note of them and visit the supermarket accordingly. Let’s proceed to the time you need to prepare this recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Spanish Hot Chocolate?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|5 Minutes||5 Minutes||10 Minutes|
A warm cup of hot chocolate will be ready to sip in 10 minutes only. Take note of the steps to be followed.
Steps To Make Spanish Hot Chocolate
- Take a medium saucepan and pour milk into it. Add cornstarch and whisk it till it dissolves.
- As the cornstarch gets dissolved, heat milk over a medium flame before it properly boils.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately add chocolate squares. Stir until the chocolate completely melts. If the milk gets cool, place the pan back on the stove and melt the chocolate over medium flame.
- As the chocolate melts, stir it continuously and slowly. The mixture will start becoming thick. The moment you notice it thickening, remove the pan from the heat so that it has the right consistency.
- Pour the hot chocolate into the cups and serve hot.
You can even use this hot chocolate as a dip with Spanish Churros.
Nutritional Breakdown of Spanish Hot Chocolate
Being a chocolate delight, you must be wondering it is full of calories. Below is the calorie count of Spanish Hot chocolate. Take a look.
How To Make Spanish Hot Chocolate At Home | Video
To watch the steps refer to the video with a similar recipe that I have uploaded. Watch it and be clear about the details. If you still have any query, write them up in the comment section below and I will try to help you.
Do try this recipe and share your reviews in the comment section below. I would like to see how your attempt came out. Share your stories while making the recipe. Your suggestions are also welcomed. Write them up in the comment section and I will keep a note on that. Now, hurry and enjoy the drink.