Spaghetti squash burrito bowl is the best recipe if you want a fulfilling dish that is healthy as well as delicious. It has vegetables, spaghetti squash, and cheese, making it a must-try.
Spaghetti squash is a healthy alternative to spaghetti. One cup of spaghetti squash consists only 28% of the calories in one cup spaghetti. Not only that, but it is also high in fiber. This makes it a great alternative if someone wants to eat something delicious as well as healthy.
To make a spaghetti squash burrito bowl, take a spaghetti squash and coat it with olive oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Then, bake it. Shred the flesh into strands. Further, saute vegetables and make the sauce. Layer all of the ingredients in the squash boat and top with cheese. Bake it again and serve.
As this is a spaghetti squash burrito bowl, there are a lot of ingredients that you will be needing. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Mulligan Stew– Mulligan Stew is a family-friendly dish that was traditionally known for Mulligan Stew was traditionally known as a way to use up leftover meats and vegetables in the fridge.
2. Trash Can Turkey– Trash can turkey is a recipe in which turkey is cooked with the use of a new trash can by covering the turkey with the can and covering the can with the coals to cook the turkey with the heat of the coals.
3. Mediterranean Lasagna– Did you know lasagna is an Italian wide, flat pasta and possibly one of the oldest? Well, I would be honest I didn’t know either. It was during an international conference that I came to know about this Mediterranean Lasagna.
4. Chicken Long Rice– Originally, this was a Chinese dish. But later it was adopted by Hawaiians and now it is very popular there. If you are a chicken lover, then surely you would love to eat Chicken Long Rice.
Ingredients For Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowl
- 2 medium Spaghetti Squash
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Chilli Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 green Bell Pepper
- ½ medium White Onion (sliced)
- 1 can Black Beans (15-oz)
- 1 can Corn (15-oz)
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese (shredded)
- Salsa, Avocado, Hot Sauce (for serving)
- ½ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Adobo Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- Salt, (as per taste)
These were all the ingredients. I know! Phew! But it is going to be worth it once you make this amazing squash burrito bowl. Also, this vegetarian burrito bowl serves upto 4 people. Before moving to the step-by-step procedure for this recipe, let me just quickly show you how much time it will actually take to make this dish.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowl?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||45 Minutes||1 Hour|
Now, let us quickly move towards the exact steps to make this recipe, so you can enjoy your yummy spaghetti squash burrito bowl as soon as possible.
Steps To Make Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowl
- Start with preheating the oven to 400°F to prep for baking the squash.
- Take the squash and cut it into two pieces. Scoop out the seeds using a spoon. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil on the seedless squash. Sprinkle chili powder, cumin and salt. Spread it evenly.
- Poke the skin of the squash using a fork and place it on the baking sheet. Then, bake it for about 30 minutes. This time will be enough to cook the squash so it can be shredded easily with a fork. Take out the squash and let it cool. Meanwhile, don’t turn the oven off.
- In a sauté pan, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Now, add the peppers and onions. Stir and cook for about 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ingredients of the sauce well. Keep the sauce aside.
- Taking a fork, shred the flesh of the squash leaving about ¼ inches. Transfer the spaghetti-like strands to another bowl.
- Now in the hollowed-out spaghetti squash boat, start layering the sauteéd vegetables, the spaghetti strands, corn, beans and sauce. Top all this with the shredded cheese.
- Put the spaghetti squash burrito bowl back in the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes in order to melt the cheese.
- Take out the squash burrito bowl and it is ready to be served.
In case you are wondering what amount of fibre you will be getting from this dish, I’ll one-up you and give you a table that’ll tell you the nutritional breakdown of this recipe.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowl
Here is the nutritional breakdown for this recipe.
|Nutritional Value||Per Serving|
This is all you need to know in order to make this recipe. Do give this healthy recipe a try.
How To Make Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowl | Video
If you think the recipe has too many steps and you can’t keep up, here is a similar video, that I think, might help you.
So, this was it! If you liked the recipe or just want me to add something, mention it in the comments. I love hearing from you!