Spaghetti Carbonara- a classic Italian dish that receives love by everyone who eats it. And what is not to love about this dish, it has everything in it that a person likes- pasta, cheese, bacon and more.
But there are many different Spaghetti Carbonara recipes on the internet and to be honest, after being made, they all taste different from the authentic one.
So in this article, I will try to provide you the most authentic Spaghetti Carbonara recipe that is even suggested by the famous British Chef- Jamie Oliver.
But first, let’s look at the ingredients
Spaghetti Carbonara Ingredients
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
You will find almost every ingredient from any supermarket near you.
- Large Pot
- Small Bowl
- Large Skillet
Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1/2 cup water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes; reserve excess fat.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Working quickly, stir in pasta and egg mixture, and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
You have to follow each and every step mentioned above if you want to make your Spaghetti Carbonara taste like 100% authentic.
Spaghetti Carbonara Nutritional Information
Here is the full nutritional break down of the Spaghetti Carbonara recipe that I have mentioned earlier.