Jamie Oliver spaghetti carbonara is a classic Italian dish that receives love by everyone who eats it. And what is not to love about this dish, it has everything in it that a person likes; pasta, cheese, bacon, and much more.
To make Jamie Oliver spaghetti carbonara at home, start by cooking pasta until al dente. Cook sliced bacon until crispy. Combine minced garlic, egg mixture, pasta, and spices. Serve immediately with chopped parsley.
For a hearty version, use good quality bacon. Pancetta is the traditional choice, but you can also use smoked bacon or even ham. If you’re using bacon, make sure to cook it until it’s crisp.
Don’t be afraid to add some extra flavor with garlic, black pepper, or even a pinch of red pepper flakes.
But there are many different ways to make spaghetti carbonara. To be honest, after being made, they all taste different from the authentic one.
So in this article, I will try to provide you the most authentic Spaghetti Carbonara recipe that is even suggested by the famous British Chef- Jamie Oliver.
Before you proceed with the recipe, check out the list of other Jamie Oliver recipes.
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Paella
- Jamie Oliver Blackened Chicken With Quinoa Salad
- Jamie Oliver Crackin’ Crab Briks
- Jamie Oliver Pesto Pasta With Chicken
- Jamie Oliver French Onion Soup
- Jamie Oliver Roast Chicken
- Jamie Oliver Fish Pie
- Jamie Oliver Mushroom Risotto
- Jamie Oliver Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- Jamie Oliver Shepherd’s Pie
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Carbonara?
- Large Pot – In a large pot, cook pasta containing water until al dente.
- Large Skillet – In a skillet, cook sliced bacon for 6 to 8 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Bowl – In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and grated Parmesan cheese for the recipe.
- Whisk – Beat the eggs in a bowl using a whisk to give the recipe a smooth and silky finish.
- Grater – Grate the cheese using a grater for creamy dish.
- Knife – Slice the bacon and mince the garlic using a sharp knife.
- Chopping Board – Chop the veggies and bacon on a chopping board for fine cutting.
- Spatula – Stir in cooked pasta and egg mixture to the skillet using a spatula.
- Sieve – Drain spaghetti using a sieve before adding to the skillet.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Carbonara?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Carbonara?
- Spaghetti – Boil spaghetti in a saucepan until softer and less chewy.
- Eggs – Whisk eggs to enrich the dish, giving it a smooth and silky finish.
- Parmesan Cheese – Parmesan cheese will add creaminess to the recipe.
- Bacon – Cook sliced bacon until brown and crispy to add sweet, buttery, and salty flavors.
- Garlic – Sauté minced garlic until fragrant for a minute to add an intense flavor.
- Kosher Salt – Add salt while cooking pasta so that spaghetti doesn’t stick and help thicken the sauce.
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper – Season your recipe with black pepper to add pungent and hot flavor.
- Fresh Parsley Leaves – Top your dish with parsley leaves to add a kick of bright and slightly bitter taste.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Carbonara
1. The Basics
Start by slicing bacon and mincing garlic cloves. In a large pot, add spaghetti containing salted water.
Cook it according to package instructions. Reserve half a cup of pasta water and drain well.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together eggs and grated Parmesan cheese and set aside.
2. Cooking Is Necessary
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add sliced bacon. Cook it until brown and crispy for about 6 to 8 minutes. Reserve excess fat.
Stir in minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until fragrant for a minute. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
Working quickly, stir in cooked spaghetti and egg mixture to the skillet. Gently toss to combine.
Season it with salt and pepper, to taste. Now pour in reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Garnish your dish with parsley, if desired and serve immediately.
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Vitamin A||12 iu|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
How Will Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Carbonara Look And Taste Like?
When it comes to Italian cuisine, there are few dishes as iconic as Jamie Oliver spaghetti carbonara. This rich and flavorful dish is made with spaghetti, eggs, bacon, cheese, and black pepper. It is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter’s day.
If you’ve never tried spaghetti carbonara before, you’re in for a treat. The dish is hearty and filling, yet still light enough that you won’t feel weighed down after eating it.
The key to a good carbonara is to get the sauce just right – it should be creamy and coats the pasta without being too runny.
Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- Large Pot
- Large Skillet
- Small Bowl
- Chopping Board
- 8 ounces Spaghetti
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated)
- 4 slices Bacon (diced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley Leaves (chopped)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Reserve half a cup of water and drain well using a sieve.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and grated Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add sliced bacon.
- Cook the bacon for 6 to 8 minutes until brown and crispy and reserve excess fat.
- Stir in minced garlic until fragrant for a minute. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in pasta and egg mixture to the skillet. Gently toss to combine.
- Season it with salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Pour in reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve immediately and garnish your dish with chopped parsley.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What should I serve with spaghetti carbonara?
A simple green salad or some garlic bread would be a great side dish for this meal.
Is there anything I can substitute for the Parmesan cheese?
If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, you could use nutritional yeast instead of Parmesan cheese.
Can I make spaghetti carbonara ahead of time?
Unfortunately, this dish does not reheat well so it’s best to make it fresh when you’re ready to eat it. However, you can save some time by cooking the bacon and boiling the pasta ahead of time. Then, when you’re ready to eat, simply whisk together the eggs and cheese and add them to the pasta and bacon.
What is spaghetti carbonara?
Spaghetti carbonara is a dish made with spaghetti, bacon, eggs, and Parmesan cheese. It is a popular Italian dish that is perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
What is the golden rule of cooking a carbonara?
You really should cook all your pasta dish dishes ‘al dente’ (meaning firm to the bite) but this rule is especially important for Carbonara.
There you have it! A simple guide on how to make Jamie Oliver spaghetti carbonara. This dish is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
With just a few ingredients, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal that the whole family will love. So next time you’re looking for something quick and easy to make, give spaghetti carbonara a try!