Classic spaghetti Aglio E Olio is a trouble-free pasta recipe. It is prepared with the flavors of garlic and olive oil. Wanna make this masterpiece of minimalism that will be ready in a trice? Check out the complete article for the details.
The spaghetti Aglio E Olio comes together in 20 minutes with a few ingredients. You need garlic, olive oil, chili flakes, parsley, parmesan cheese, spaghetti pasta, and seasoning.
Boil the spaghetti and toss it in a pan with the flavorful pasta sauce. The fresh and homemade spaghetti Aglio E Olio pasta will be ready. Amp up the flavors to make this pasta dish a delicious notch.
Grab your equipment and staple items and make the spaghetti Aglio E Olio at home. Find the detailed list of required elements, nutritional breakdown, and instructions. Dive in!
Other Recipes That You Can Try
- Strawberry Extract Recipe
- Mini Bagels Recipe
- Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
- Fruity Pebble Cheesecake Recipe
- Pecan Crackers Recipe
- Hershey’s Carrot Cara Lollipop Recipe
- Meat Pie Recipe
- Cherry Sours Candy Recipe
- Cereal Ice Cream Bowls Recipe
- Easy TikTok Ramen Recipe
What does Aglio E Olio mean in Italian?
Aglio E Olio means olive oil and garlic in Italian. The spaghetti Aglio E Olio originated from the city of Naples. Coming from Neapolitan cuisine, spaghetti Aglio e olio is widely popular. It is a typical pasta dish prepared by sautéing garlic with oil and some rich spices.
Adding chili flakes or anchovies in Aglio E Olio amplifies the flavors. For making Aglio E Olio, you can use any pasta. Fettuccine, linguine, macaroni, penne, or spaghetti can be paired well with Aglio E Olio. We paired the Aglio E Olio with spaghetti pasta.
Can you reheat Aglio E Olio Pasta?
When you reheat Aglio E Olio pasta, it isn’t quite the same as freshly cooked. However, if you still wish to reheat the leftover spaghetti Aglio E Olio, add the pasta broth to the pasta. It will enhance the flavors and will not let the spaghetti pasta get dry.
How do you make Aglio E Olio not bland?
Simmer the spaghetti in water and a splash of oil to make the Aglio E Olio flavorful. The secret to making the delicious Aglio E Olio is the pasta sauce prepared with garlic, olive oil, parsley, and seasoning. For more flavors, you can also add some sausages of your choice.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Spaghetti Aglio E Olio?
- Saucepan – Boil the spaghetti Aglio e olio in a saucepan until al dente.
- Frying Pan – Sauté the garlic with other spices in a frying pan.
- Ladle – Stir in the spices with a spoon.
- Tong – Use a tong to add the spaghetti to the frying pan.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Spaghetti Aglio E Olio?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Spaghetti Aglio E Olio?
- Spaghetti Pasta – Take some spaghetti pasta to prepare spaghetti Aglio E Olio at home.
- Olive Oil – Adding olive oil to the pasta will retain moisture. A tablespoon of olive oil is enough.
- Parmesan Cheese – Parmesan cheese will enhance the flavors of Aglio e olio pasta.
- Garlic – Bring out the intense flavors by adding minced garlic to the pasta.
- Parsley – A tablespoon of dried parsley will add earthy flavors to the pasta.
- Chili Flakes – Spice up the spaghetti pasta with a pinch of chili flakes
- Black Pepper – Season the pasta with a pinch of black pepper.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
Steps To Make Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
1. Simmer The Spaghetti
Add the spaghetti pasta to the saucepan filled with water. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and a splash of olive oil into the saucepan. Bring it to a boil until the pasta is cooked through.
2. Aglio E Olio In Making
Take a frying pan, and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, chili flakes, and parsley. Let it cook for a minute. Moving forward, add a splash of pasta broth and emulsify the pasta sauce.
3. Put Together
Mix the boiled spaghetti pasta with the pasta sauce. Combine the spaghetti with a tong and simmer for some time. Garnish it with parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper. Serve when it is ready to chow!
How do you make Aglio E Olio less oily?
Add starchy water to the skillet, garlic, and olive oil. It helps to emulsify the sauce and creates a less oily texture. Moreover, cook the garlic over medium heat to achieve incredible sauce flavors.
Is Aglio E Olio Healthy?
Indulge in rich and comforting spaghetti Aglio E Olio without guilt. It is rich, healthy, and delicious. The pasta sauce is prepared with plant-based fat that is olive oil. You can also add chicken or prawns for attaining good carbs and protein.
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
How Will Spaghetti Aglio E Olio Look And Taste Like?
Spaghetti Aglio E Olio looks fresh, light, and toothsome. It is packed with garlicky and cheesy flavors. On top of that, the parsley added to the pasta brings out the earthy sharpness. The spaghetti pasta is well coated with the emulsified pasta sauce. You will relish the Italian punch of spicing with each bite of spaghetti Aglio E Olio.
Spaghetti Aglio E Olio Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 1 cup Spaghetti Pasta
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Take a saucepan, add water and salt in it and boil it.
- put the spaghetti to simmer until al dente.
- Strain the pasta and keep it aside.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a frying pan.
- Add garlic, chili flakes, and parsley. Cook for about a minute. Add pasta water and let it emulsify until the pasta sauce is ready.
- Finally, add the cooked spaghetti to the pasta sauce and simmer for one more minute. Garnish it with a pinch of salt, black pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Spaghetti Aglio E Olio will be ready in just 20 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What goes well with spaghetti Aglio E olio?
Spaghetti Aglio e olio is served with salad, tomatoes, and some cream sauce.
What type of oil is best for spaghetti Aglio E olio?
To prepare spaghetti Aglio olio, the best oil you can use is extra virgin olive oil.
Should you put olive oil on pasta after cooking?
To avoid the pasta from sticking, toss it with a splash of olive oil.
Why is it called Spaghetti Aglio E olio?
The Aglio e olio is a typical Italian dish from Naples. This pasta dish belongs to Neapolitan cuisine and is extensively popular.
Prepare the Spaghetti Aglio E Olio at home with us. Refer to the above article for the detailed recipe. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.