There is a friend of my father who shifted to our city, recently and they bought a new house here, they called our family for a Pojja of their new home after all the rituals are done.
Wen went inside the house and their house was very good and after some time they call us for lunch. They served us all the dishes and what I like the most was South Indian Tomato Rice.
It was a very unique way of making rice and I loved it and I asked my aunt about the recipe and she gave me the South Indian Tomato Rice Recipe. Today, I will share the South India Tomato Rice Recipe with my lovely food lovers.
Come Let’s see how it will work.
Ingredients Required for South Indian Tomato Rice
|Gram (chane ki dal)||½ cup|
|Split black gram (urad kid dal)||½ cup|
|Black mustard seeds (rai)||2 tsp|
|Chopped green chillies||2-3 units|
|Chopped ginger||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|Chopped coriander leaves||2 tbsp|
How much time it will take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|40 minutes||30 minutes||1 hour 10 minutes|
South Indian Tomato Rice Recipe
- Soak rice and both the dals for about half an hour.
- Chop tomatoes thickly.
- Chop chillies and coriander leave beforehand.
- In a preheated pan add 1 tbsp oil and heat it. Now add rai, green chillies and ginger. Roast it all.
- Add ½ tsp turmeric powder, two kinds of soaked deals, and mix it all. Now add tomatoes, 2 tsp salt, soaked rice, and 2 cups water to it.
- Cover it and cook on a medium flame for about 15-20 minutes. When the water dries to keep it covered for a while.
- Now add coriander leaves, mix it all and serve hot.
Nutritional Facts Of South Indian Tomato Rice Recipe