Sous Vide is an efficient technique of cooking wherein food is sealed in a vacuum bags with well regulated temperature using water immersion method. Known by the acronym (LTLT) meaning low-temperature long time cooking, Sous Vide is used by home chefs to get results like that of restaurants. Sous Vide Scallops, as a result, is a quite delicious dish.
Sous Vide technique is used in the restaurants majorly. My mother cooks perfect Sous Vide Scallops. Neither it is difficult to make nor it is much time-consuming. Its aroma tickles my nose every time I think about it.
It has been my favourite since last to last Christmas when my mother prepared it for the first time. I wanted to know the recipe for Sous Vide Scallops and after she shared it with me.
I set on to cook it myself. One thing is still etched in my mind which was when she cautioned me to remove heat from plastic bags using water immersion method so as to place scallops in them. With these things always in my mind, I cook irresistible Sous Vide Scallops.
In this article, I will be explaining to you how to make Sous Vide Scallops at your home as well as the Sous Vide, meaning under vacuum in French technique to you. Now let’s check out the best ever Sous Vide Scallops Recipe. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Creamed Chipped Beef– Creamed Chipped Beef is a classic American cuisine tracing its origin to the 2nd World War. Quite easy and quick to make, it has brilliant taste.
2. Baked Acorn Squash– Easy baked acorn squash recipe, perfect for the fall. Squash is cut in half, insides scooped out, then baked with a little butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup.
3. Za’atar– One of the world’s most unique and best seasonings, Za’atar is primarily associated with the Middle East as well as Mediterranean cooking.
4. Lobster Mushrooms– Lobster Mushroom is a kind of mushroom, although not a mushroom. The mold is formed on the mushroom by the attack of a parasite called Hypomyces lactifluorum on it.
Sous Vide Scallops Recipe Ingredients
|Salt and ground pepper (to taste)||1 pinch|
|Olive oil||1/2 tablespoon|
|Finely minced garlic||1 teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1/4 cup|
|Lemon juice||2 tablespoons|
|Dried parsley||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cajun seasoning||1 pinch|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||40 minutes||50 minutes|
Sous Vide Scallops Recipe
- Take a medium pot and fill it with warm water.
- After attaching sous vide, keep the temperature at 123 degrees F for about half an hour.
- If there is a tough muscle at scallops’ side, remove it.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put scallops in a plastic bag which is airtight and resealable.
- Put scallops in the pot. ( temperature should be 123 degrees F ).
- It has to be cooked until the timer stops.
- After removing the scallops from the plastic bag, ensure it gets dried well and shouldn’t be wet.
- Take a small skillet. Over medium-high, heat oil in it. Wait until it is shimmering.
- Next scallops are to be added and seared until they get browned. It would take 2 minutes. Cook for an additional one minute.
- Now take out the scallops from skillet and keep it aside.
- After this, put garlic to the skillet. Let it cook for about half a minute.
- Use white wine and lemon to deglaze the skillet.
- Now add parsley and Cajun seasoning. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Put butter and stir it so that it gets melted.
- Pour this sauce over scallops.
- Garnish with green onion tops.
- Serve it hot.
Sous Vide Scallops Recipe Nutritional Information
|Saturated fats||9.5 g|
|Total fats||22.2 g|
|Vitamin A||448.4 IU|
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
|Dietary fiber||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||8.9 g|