Mexico is known for its rich culture and quality lifestyle. But the most fantastic thing that Mexico has apart from its great culture is the food. Mexican cuisine is considered one of the ancient ones and has been adapting different techniques and skills to improvise the taste and cooking styles. But the point is, Mexican food is just superb. You try any Mexican dish and you will love it.
And today, we are going to make such a beautiful Mexican dish called Sopa de tortilla. Yes, this recipe sounds interesting. You will love this recipe and once you made it, then there is no going back. You will try many other Mexican recipes and will explore all the great taste they have.
The recipe is easy to make but takes a little bit longer to get complete. No worries, the wait is worth and you will agree with me after tasting this dish. Let’s start making this soup without any further delay and here are the ingredients that you will need to make this recipe at home.
Ingredients for Sopa de Tortilla
|Vegetable oil||As needed|
|Dried pasilla chile peppers||3 each|
|Tomatoes chopped||3 pc|
|Onion||½ pc large|
|Dried oregano||¼ tsp|
|Chicken bouillon granules||4 tsp|
|Fresh parsley||1 sprig|
|Cotija cheese||¾ cup|
|Fresh cream||2 tsp|
So we are done with the ingredients. You can find these ingredients in any supermarket or general store near your locality. This recipe will take some time to get completed. You have to wait for an hour while this recipe gets completed.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|25 minutes||44 minutes||1 hour 9 minutes|
This recipe is easy to make and you can make it without any difficulty. Now, as you know the ingredients and the time you need to make this recipe.
Let’s start with the most important and last step of this recipe, after which you can have this beautiful Sopa de Tortilla soup in your bowl. Let’s cook it.
Sopa de Tortilla Recipe
- In a large wok, take some oil and keep it over medium heat. Add the tortilla strips in the wok and fry them until they are golden brown in color. Remove excessive oil from them after frying.
- Now add the pasilla chilies in the same wok and fry them until brown. Don’t burn them. Just fry for about 2 minutes and then remove excessive oil from them.
- Mix 1 fried pasilla pepper, onion, tomatoes, garlic and oregano in a blender and make a paste out of them. Strain this paste through a sieve and place it in a bowl.
- Now in the wok heat 1 tsp of oil and add tomato mixture that you made and cook it for 2 minutes. Add some water to this mixture and allow it to boil.
- Introduce the chicken granules and parsley in this mixture, cover and cook on the low heat for about 15 minutes and keep stirring continuously. Take the parsley out after removing from the heat.
- Now pour this soup in to the bowls and add fried tortilla strips over it with some diced avocado and cotija cheese. Sprinkle some pasilla peppers over the top and some crème on it.
Your amazing Sopa de Totilla is ready. Just make it at your home and watch everyone fell in love with this Mexican cuisine.
Nutritional Breakdown of Sopa de Tortilla
This recipe has its own nutritional benefits. Here are some of the nutritional facts that you need to know about this recipe.
How to Make Sopa de Tortilla at Home | Video
This recipe is elegant and easy to make at home. But if you feel you need help or assistance regarding this recipe, I would recommend you to watch this video. It will help you with small tips and tricks and the details you can apply to make this recipe more delicious.
If you like this recipe, do share it with your friends and relatives and please tell us your story, how you made this, and what you feel about this recipe.
We would love to know about your experiences and any suggestions that you have. Please respond in the comments box below and we would get in touch with you quickly. Keep supporting and have a great day.