Sonic onion rings are in-demand and a favorite snack enjoyed by all. Be it the carnivals, festivities, or special occasions, the onion rings are good-to-go options. The Sonic onion rings are prepared with a special breeding process. Learn to recreate the most amazing Sonic onion rings with the help of this article.
For making Sonic savory onion rings, you need Spanish onions, flour, vanilla ice cream, cornmeal, and canola oil. Coat the onion rings and deep-fry until they are golden brown. Sonic onion rings taste different because of the creative vanilla flavor breading.
Making these rings are easy as pie. Once you try them, you wouldn’t be able to resist these crispy and flavored onion rings. Pair the rings with your favorite spicy, creamy, and tangy sauces. Nothing beats chowing down the fresh and hot homemade onion rings.
So let’s peep into the complete recipe and make the onion rings at home. These rings are quick and satiating. Check out the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional information, and instructions below.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Sonic Onion Rings?
- Perforated Ladle – Take the fried rings out of the pan using a perforated ladle.
- Frying Pan – Fry the onion rings into a frying pan.
- Bowls – Take three separate bowls to add the coating elements.
- Wire Rack – Remove the fried onion rings on a wire rack or paper towel. It helps you to get rid of excess oil.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Sonic Onion Rings?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Sonic Onion Rings?
- Spanish Onions – Take Spanish onions to prepare the rings.
- All-Purpose Flour – Dredge and coat the onion rings with all-purpose flour.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Coat the rings with melted vanilla ice cream.
- Cornmeal – Once the rings are dredged with ice cream and flour, coat them with cornmeal to achieve crispy texture.
- Canola oil – Fry the onion rings using canola oil. It brings out mild flavors to the fried snacks.
Steps To Make Sonic Onion Rings
1. Prep Game
Get ready with your pantry staples on the table. Add four, cornmeal, melted vanilla ice cream, and water in four different bowls. Slice the onion into thick rings. Separate the rings from the center and put them in the water.
2. Coat The Rings
Remove the onion rings from the water and dredge them into flour. Moving forward, take the floured rings and dip them into the melted vanilla ice cream. Finally, coat them with cornmeal and shake off the excess cornmeal.
3. Fry The Rings
Put the coated onion rings into the frying pan and fry until they are golden brown. Remove the fried rings on a wire rack to get rid of excess grease. Serve the onion rings with your choice of sauces.
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
How Will Sonic Onion Rings Look And Taste Like?
Sonic onion rings are deliciously amazing. Prepared with a thick and crispy coating, the onion rings are crunchy and satiating. Making this yummy snack is so easy that you wouldn’t want to miss a chance. For a very long time, onion rings have been one of the quintessential recipes loved by people.
Sonic Onion Rings Recipe
- ½ cup Spanish Onions
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Vanilla Ice Cream
- ½ cup Cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons Canola oil
- Cut the onions into thick slices to prepare the onion rings.
- Separate the onion rings from the center. Place the onion rings into a bowl filled with water.
- Take three separate bowls and fill the first bowl with flour, the second with cornmeal, and the last with melted vanilla ice cream.
- Till the time you coat the rings, preheat oil to 350 degrees.
- Take out the rings from the water. Dredge them in the flour.
- Dip floured onion rings into the melted vanilla ice cream and, at last, into the cornmeal.
- Shake off the excess cornmeal and place the rings on a wire rack.
- Put the rings into the frying pan and fry until golden brown.
- Fry the rings over medium heat until you see the color changing.
- Remove the batches of fried onion rings on a wire rack. It will help you to get rid of excess oil.
- Serve the rings with your favorite sauces.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why do Sonics onion rings taste sweet?
Sonic onion rings are sweet because they are breaded with vanilla ice cream.
What are sonic onion rings made of?
Sonic onion rings are prepared with fresh cut onion rings that are battered and fried to perfection.
Why soak onions in ice water before making onion rings?
Soak the onion rice in ice water to dilute the sulfur amount and turn them sweet and mild.
Does Sonic put vanilla in their onion rings?
Yes, Sonic dredged their onion rings in melted vanilla ice cream.
Prepare these crispy Sonic onion rings at home with us. Check out the details mentioned in the above article. Also, don’t forget to share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.