Sonic chili is an impeccable delicacy prepared with classic elements. Packed with nutritious components, the chili is a crowd-pleaser. Warm yourself up with a scrumptious bowl of Sonic chili at your home.
Chili can be prepared with hearty ground beef, kidney beans, and some spices. The spices are the real heroes here, so choose the spices wisely. Simmer all the components in a dutch oven for 20 minutes.
Thick and appropriately chunky authentic Sonic chili will be ready. The flavors balanced between meat, beans, and veggies are amazingly scoopable. So, without any further ado, hop on to get the complete recipe.
Make hearty knockoff Sonic chili at home. The notable list of required equipment, ingredients, instructions, and nutritional facts are mentioned below.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Sonic Chili?
- Dutch Oven – Prepare Sonic chili in the Dutch oven.
- Ladle – Stir in all the elements with a ladle.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a sharp knife.
- Spoon – Spoon out the beans and tomatoes with a help of serving spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Sonic Chili?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||25 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Sonic Chili?
- Ground Beef – Take some ground beef to prepare the chili recipe.
- Onion – Chopped onions added to the chili will bring out a savory blend of flavors.
- Garlic – Finely minced will bring out a pungent and juicy aroma to the chili.
- Kidney Beans – For making chili, take some kidney beans. You can also opt for pinto beans.
- Chili Beans – Add half a cup of chili beans to prepare the Sonic chili.
- Crushed Tomatoes – Canned crushed tomatoes will add some tangy and tart flavors to the chili.
- Beef Stock – For the gravy of the chili, add half a cup of beef stock.
- Ketchup – A tablespoon of ketchup will balance the flavors and enhance the color of the chili.
- Ancho Chili Powder – Spice up the chili gray with a pinch of ancho chili powder.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Worcestershire sauce adds umami flavors to the chili and enhances the taste.
- Chili Seasoning – A tablespoon of chili seasoning will emulsify the fragrant flavors.
- Ground Cumin – Ground cumin is the best option to add a nutty aroma to the chili.
- Coarse Salt – Coarse salt is granulated salt that has less sodium quantity. Add a teaspoon of coarse salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the chili with a pinch of black pepper.
- Parsley – Garnish the chili with some freshly chopped parsley.
- Olive Oil – Grease the Dutch oven with olive oil and cook the chili.
Steps To Make Sonic Chili
1. Initial Stage
Take a Dutch oven and grease it with olive oil to prepare the chili. Brown the ground beef and onions until they are cooked through. Add minced garlic and cook the mixture for 3-4 minutes more. Moving forward, add Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, ketchup, and chili seasoning to the pot. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
Finally, add some kidney beans, chili beans, cumin powder, black pepper, Ancho chili powder, and beef stock to the pot. Simmer the chili for another 15 minutes until the gravy is reduced to half and is thickened.
The chili is ready to serve. Scoop the umami flavors into the serving bowl and get your toppings together. Garnish the chili with some freshly chopped parsley or cilantro. The chili will be ready to binge.
How Will Sonic Chill Look And Taste Like?
Sonic chili looks thick, chunky, and loaded with veggies. A scrumptious bowl of Sonic chili is filled with hearty beef, veggies, kidney beans, and rich seasoning. You will relish the umami flavors in each bite.
Sonic Chili Recipe
- ½ cup Ground beef
- ½ cup Onion
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- ½ cup Kidney Beans
- ½ cup Chili Beans
- ½ cup Crushed Tomatoes
- ½ cup Beef Stock
- 1 teaspoon Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Ancho Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chili Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Grease the Dutch oven with some olive oil as per the serving.
- Add ground beef and onions to the pot,
- Cook the beef and onions until they are translucent.
- Add garlic to the onions and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Further, add Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, chili seasoning, and ketchup.
- Add half a cup of beef stock to the chili.
- Let all the elements emulsify and cook the chili for 5 minutes.
- Moving forward, add some kidney beans, chili beans, ground cumin, black pepper, and ancho chili powder to the pot.
- Simmer the chili for the next 15 minutes until the gravy is thickened and reduced to half.
- When the chili is ready to serve, garnish it with some freshly chopped parsley and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is in Sonic’s chili?
Sonic’s chili is prepared with kidney beans, onions, tomatoes, chili seasoning, and heart beef.
Is the chili at Sonic all beef?
Yes, chili offered at Sonic has all ground beef loaded in hot dog buns.
Does Sonic sell chili?
Yes, Sonic sells chili in hearty bowls separately. In case you do not wish to get the hot dog buns, you can simply try the hearty bowls of chili.
How much Sonic chili costs you?
Sonic chili will cost you $2.29.
Don’t delay anymore and get the knockoff Sonic chili at the comfort of your home. Leave your feedback and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.