Eggs are my go-to food. They’re so versatile and unique in their own way. There are about 30 recipes of eggs that I make for my brother at home. Yes, that’s right. This is because he is so fond of eggs that he demands different dishes of eggs almost every day. So, that’s how I experimented and learnt so many recipes.
And I am looking forward to sharing them with you, starting with Soft Boiled Eggs. They are the new thing in our home. Super easy and quick to make, soft boiled eggs have become a part of our breakfast (atleast twice a week).
The egg melts on the tongue like butter with the firm outer and creamy and silky yolk on the inside. I make a salad out of it, have it with a toast or in my bowl of spaghetti. My favourite is popping it in my mouth straight with a pinch of salt and black pepper on it. My brother enjoys pulling off the top of the egg and scooping in a toast in the runny, warm egg yolk. My mouth is all watery.
Also, the good news is that boiled eggs are a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Calcium and Iron. On that note, let’s jump into the ingredients required. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Cheese Fries– It is safe to claim that everyone enjoys a bowl full of cheese fries. These can be the perfect movie snack for you to enjoy with your friends.
2. Egg Pakora– Egg Pakora is a North Indian recipe made with eggs, meat masala, gram flour or besan, chilli flakes, and dry mango powder.
3. Red Eggs– Chinese basically believes that the egg is the symbol of rebirth, new life, and fertility. These Red eggs are a traditional part of the Greek Easter and have a great significance.
4. Texas Taco Dip Platter– This snack is filled with beans, beef chili and cheese. It is a bowl of chili, which has to be served as a dip with corn chips.
Ingredients for Soft Boiled Eggs
|Large Eggs (chilled)||4|
|Water||Half a pan|
Yes, that’s about the ingredients. Now, making the soft-boiled eggs is quick. However, it can be a little trickier than making a hard-boiled egg. Check out the timetable for timing details.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|1 minute||6 minutes||7 minutes|
The timing also depends upon the utensil you’re using. Down below is the step by step procedure to make perfect soft-boiled eggs.
Soft Boiled Eggs Recipe
- Fill half the saucepan with water, enough for 4 eggs and boil over high heat.
- While the water boils, gently add 4 chilled eggs (one at a time)) to the saucepan and cover it with a lid.
- Let the eggs boil for 6 minutes by watch (here, time is the key).
- After 6 minutes, drain the hot water and place the eggs under cold water until they become easy to handle.
- Here you go! You may peel off the shell and enjoy the soft-boiled eggs or store them in the fridge to gulp in later.
Note: The eggs will stay intact on refrigeration for about 4 days only.
Nutritional Breakdown of Soft Boiled Eggs
Down below is the nutritional gain from each soft-boiled egg. It is a healthy intake. Protein lies in the albumen and fat in the yolk.
Note: The nutritional breakdown is for 1 Soft-boiled egg.
How to Make Soft-Boiled Egg at Home | Video
Just to make sure things are simple for you, I am adding a video of the recipe down below. I hope it gives more clarity to each step.
It was a simple recipe for an egg. I promise to come up with more such simple things to try in your kitchens. Until then, eat healthily and keep creating magic. Let us know your suggestions in the comment section below and reach for help anytime.