Have you ever wanted to make Snoop Dogg fried chicken? Well, now is your chance! This dish is an American-style fried chicken created by and named after the famous rapper Snoop Dogg. It’s so easy to prepare and so absolutely delicious.
For the Snoop Dogg fried chicken, start by marinating the chicken in a brine for at least 12 hours or overnight. After that, coat the chicken with flour mixture with crushed potato chips and cornmeal, followed by the buttermilk. Let the chicken dry for half an hour, and then fry it.
Besides serving it plain, you can serve it with your favorite side dishes. You can either serve it with hot sauce or with onion rings. You can also serve it with baked potatoes or with avocado fries.
Let us dive into one of the easiest and healthiest recipes. You will get the sections of essential equipment and ingredients when you scroll down the recipe. The recipe will take time, but it is comparatively very easy. Here are crucial steps to cooking Snoop Dogg fried chicken.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Snoop Dogg Fried Chicken?
- Whisk – Mix and combine all the ingredients using the whisk.
- Saucepan – Make the brine for the chicken in a saucepan.
- Mixing Bowls – Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl to prepare the batter for coating the chicken.
- Wired Rack – Set up a wired rack to allow the fried chicken to cool down.
- Fryer – Fry the chicken in a fryer to get a crispy and golden fried chicken.
- Paper Towel – You need paper towels to dry chicken from the brine.
- Knife – Take a sharp knife to mince the chicken for the recipe.
- Chopping Board – Place a chopping board underneath before chopping the chicken.
- Spatula – Combine all ingredients well with a flat-surfaced spatula to avoid lumps.
- Parchment Paper – Parchment paper is needed to let the chicken sit and dry.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Snoop Dogg Fried Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|12 Hours||1 Hour||13 Hours|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Snoop Dogg Fried Chicken?
- Chicken – Chicken is your main ingredient in preparing Snoop Dogg Fried Chicken.
- All-Purpose Flour – Mix all-purpose flour to prepare the batter for coating the chicken.
- Potato Chips – Potato chips for breading the chicken.
- Cornmeal – Cornmeal will make the flour coating crisper and absorb moisture from frying the chicken.
- Orange Peels – Add orange peels for flavoring and keep the meat tender and juicy.
- Buttermilk – Buttermilk will tenderize the chicken.
- Olive Oil – Pour olive oil into a fryer to fry the chicken for a crisper bite.
- Bay Leaves – I have used bay leaves to add warm flavors.
- Garlic Powder- Garlic will give a crunchy, salty, and spicy flavor.
- Hot Chili Pepper – Hot chili pepper will give the chicken a spicy kick.
- Sugar – Add sugar to the brine to add flavor and better skin-browning.
- Salt – Salt will help enhance the dish’s natural flavor.
- Baking Powder – Baking powder will make wings crispier when fried.
- Black Pepper Powder – Black pepper powder will give a rich, hearty, indulgent flavor.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Add red pepper flakes to the brine as it will impact the taste of the chicken.
Steps To Make Snoop Dogg Fried Chicken
1. Prepare The Brine
Boil 5 cups of water in a saucepan at high heat and add red pepper flakes, orange peels, salt, sugar, and bay leaves into the boiled water.
Allow the brine mixture to boil for 5 to 10 minutes until salt and sugar dissolve. Remove the saucepan with the brine from the stove and let it cool.
Place the chicken in a large bowl and pour the cooled brine to marinate the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours. The longer you keep it, the more tender the chicken will be.
Dry the chicken carefully after removing it from the refrigerator with paper towels and set it aside.
2. Batter The Chicken
Crush the potato chips or corn chips to coat the chicken. Add all-purpose flour, cornmeal, crushed potato chips, garlic powder, hot chili pepper, baking powder, black pepper powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir until you get consistency.
Now take two shallow bowls. Transfer the flour mixture to the first large bowl, and pour the buttermilk or yogurt into the second one.
Coat the chicken in the flour mixture and then dip them in buttermilk. Place it on a wire rack, and let them dry for up to 30 minutes before frying.
3. Fry The Chicken
Place a wire rack with baking paper aside. Heat the olive oil in a fryer.
Now carefully add a few chicken wings to the hot oil and fry them for 15 minutes until they turn golden. Once done, remove the fried chicken wings and put them on the paper towel to remove the excess oil. Serve warmly with a dipping sauce of your choice.
|Saturated Fat||31 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||77 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||169 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||808 iu|
|Vitamin C||10 mg|
How Will Snoop Dogg Fried Chicken Look And Taste Like?
The Snoop Dogg fried chicken has a crispy crust with tender, juicy chicken inside. This recipe is the perfect combination of crispy batter packed with savory spices and flavorful potato chips.
The crust has a crunchy bite, and the chicken has a tangy and juicy taste because of the buttermilk. The spices and sauces work well to enhance the flavor and spice level of the fried chicken.
Snoop Dogg Fried Chicken Recipe
- 2 kg Chicken Wings
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Cornmeal
- ¼ cup Potato Chips (crushed)
- 1 Orange Peel
- 500 g Buttermilk (or plain yogurt, or sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 cups Water
- 1 Bay Leaf (can add more)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Hot Chili Pepper
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Boil 5 cups of water and add red pepper flakes, orange peels, salt, sugar, and bay leaves until salt and sugar dissolve. Remove the brine mixture from the heat and let it cool.
- Marinate the minced chicken in the cooled brine. Cover it and refrigerate it for 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove the chicken and dry it carefully with paper towels.
- Add all-purpose flour, cornmeal, crushed chips, garlic powder, hot chili pepper, baking powder, black pepper powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir until you get consistency.
- Pour the buttermilk or yogurt into a bowl.
- Coat the chicken in the flour mixture and buttermilk, place it on a wire rack, and let them dry for up to 30 minutes before frying.
- Set aside a wire rack and baking paper and heat the olive oil in a fryer.
- Carefully add a few chicken wings to the hot oil and fry them for 15 minutes until they turn golden.
- Once done, remove the fried chicken wings and put them on a paper towel to remove the excess oil. Serve the fried chicken warm with the dipping sauce of your choice.
You are now ready to enjoy Snoop Dogg’s fried chicken. It has a great texture, aroma, and taste and looks delicious. You can enjoy it with a dipping sauce of your choice to make it more flavorful.
Hope you’re enjoying your finger-licking experience with Snoop Dogg’s special recipe for golden fried chicken. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to share your experience with us.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What happens to chicken when you soak it in milk?
Soaking chicken in milk before cooking is a popular way to tenderize it. After soaking chicken in milk, you can deep fry it, barbecue it, or cook it in an oven.
What drink goes with fried chicken?
You can serve it by complementing the fizziness of Champagne and sparkling wine.
What is the best way to cook this recipe?
The best way to cook this recipe is in a large, high-quality Dutch oven or skillet with plenty of oil for frying.