Calling out all the Snickers bar fans to have your favorite candy in the most delicious way. Check out the Snickers cookies recipe for the ultimate holiday treat.
Soft and chewy, Snickers cookies are what dreams are made of. These cookies pack Snickers’ sweet and nutty flavors and are baked to perfection.
So, when you take a bite of Snickers cookies, you munch on big chunks of snickers and melted chocolate chips. While these two ingredients transport you to a delicious heaven, the texture of the cookie brings its A game.
One of the secret ingredients in this recipe is the use of cornstarch. It keeps the cookies light and soft. And did I tell you that these amazingly tasty cookies take hardly any time to prepare?
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Snickers Cookies?
- Bowl – You will need a bowl to mix the ingredients and make the cookie dough.
- Electric Beater – An electric beater will help you mix the ingredients.
- Spatula – A spatula will help you scrap the sides of the bowl.
- Parchment Paper – A parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat will be required to place the scooped cookie dough for baking.
- Baking Tray – A baking tray will be required to place the scooped cookie dough for baking.
- Oven – An oven will be required to bake the cookies.
- Refrigerator – A refrigerator is needed to chill the cookies before baking.
- Cookie Scoop – A cookie scoop is required to scoop out the cookies to achieve even cookies.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Snickers Cookies?
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Chill Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||8 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 18 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Snickers Cookies?
- Butter – To make snickers cookies, you will need three fourth cups of softened unsalted butter to make the dough.
- Brown Sugar – To make the cookie dough base, you will need three fourth cups of light brown sugar.
- Granulated Sugar – To the butter and brown sugar mixture, you will also add one-fourth cup of granulated sugar.
- Egg – One large egg will help you bind the ingredients together.
- Vanilla Extract – Infuse delicate vanilla flavor in the cookies by adding two teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- All-Purpose Flour – All-purpose flour makes the structure of the cookies. You will need two cups of all-purpose flour.
- Cornstarch – You will also need two teaspoons of cornstarch. It ensures your cookies are light and fluffy.
- Baking Soda – Baking Soda helps to raise the cookies. You will need one teaspoon of baking soda.
- Salt – Salt helps to bring out all the flavors. In this recipe, we will use a pinch of salt.
- Snickers – Snickers are the most important ingredient in this cookie recipe. You will need one cup of diced Snickers.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – To make the cookies more chocolatey, we will also add one cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. While this ingredient is optional, you will totally love it if used.
Steps To Make Snickers Cookies
1. Make The Cookie Dough
Preparing cookie dough is a simple process. In a bowl, combine butter, both the sugars, egg, and vanilla essence and beat on medium-high speed.
Allow the ingredients to turn light and fluffy. This process would take you about 5-7 minutes.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt (optional), and mix for a minute until just combined.
2. Add The Star Ingredients
Add the chopped Snickers and semi-sweet chocolate chips to the prepared dough and mix by hand.
3. Scoop Out The Cookies
Take a cookie scoop and scoop out the dough on a large plate. Flatten the cookie mounds with your palms slightly and cover them with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the plate for at least 2 hours.
Refrigerating the cookie well to keep its shape in place is crucial. If you bake freshly prepared cookie dough, the cookies will not maintain their shape and will bake thinner and flatter.
4. Bake The Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Take the cookie mounds out of the refrigerator and place them on a baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart.
Bake the cookies for 8 to 9 minutes or until the edges and the top appears set. Do not bake the cookies longer than 10 minutes as they firm up upon cooling.
Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer them to the cooling rack.
How To Place Snickers Pieces On Cookies
Snickers cookies are made with Snickers chunks mixed in the dough. However, while baking, if you notice exposed Snickers chunks at the cookie’s base, you can replace them by placing them at the top.
This trick will make your Snickers cookies look visually appealing. Moreover, this will also prevent the exposed caramel and nougat from sticking to the parchment paper.
How To Store Snickers Cookies?
Your Snickers cookies are ready; you’ve also munched on a few. Are you wondering how to store them and enjoy them for a few more days? Here’s how you can store them.
Snickers cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Moreover, if you wish to make cookies in a gap of a few days, you can make a larger quantity of cookie dough and bake them later as desired.
Snickers cookie dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
|Saturated Fat||2 grams|
|Trans Fat||0 grams|
How Will Snickers Cookies Look And Taste?
Snickers cookies turn out to be soft and chewy in texture, and they are amazing in flavor. When you take a bite of this cookie, you experience the nutty and caramel flavors of Snickers and melty chocolate semi-sweet chocolate chips. This recipe is great for making holiday sweets and also for casual binging.
Snickers Cookies Recipes
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- ¾ cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 11 large Egg
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch Salt
- 1 cup Snickers, diced small
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a bowl, combine butter, both the sugars, egg, and vanilla essence and beat on medium-high speed.
- Allow the ingredients to turn light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt (optional), and mix for a minute until just combined.
- Add chopped Snickers and semi-sweet chocolate chips to the prepared dough and mix by hand.
- Take a cookie scoop and scoop out the dough on a large plate.
- Flatten the cookie mounds with your palms slightly and cover them with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the plate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Take the cookie mounds out of the refrigerator and place them on a baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 9 minutes or until the edges and the top appears set.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer them to the cooling rack.
If you love Snickers and cookies, then you must definitely try out this Snickers cookies recipe. For more holiday recipes like this, check out our recipes section.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What ingredients do you need to make Snickers cookies?
To make Snickers cookies, you will need unsalted butter, egg, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, Snickers, and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Why is it important to chill Snickers cookie dough before baking?
You should chill your Snickers cookie dough before baking for at least two hours, so your cookies don’t flatten out on cooking.
How can I store Snickers cookies?
Snickers cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Can we add more chocolate to the cookie dough?
Yes, you can add M&Ms, Milky Way, Peanut Butter Cups, Rolo, etc., to this cookie dough.
Why do we add corn flour to cookie dough?
Cornflour helps to make the cookies light and fluffy.
What makes cookies chewy vs. crispy?
Different types of sugars affect the texture of the cookies. While white sugar creates a crispier cookie, brown sugar creates chewier cookies.