Today when I was thinking of a recipe, I thought of grabbing a cup of coffee and some cookies. And suddenly it crossed my mind that why not a cookie recipe today. A cookie is something that everyone loves to grab and munch at any time of the day. Having a cup of coffee with a cookie or two is what comforts me the most. So as I was searching the internet for some gooey cookie recipes to share with you, I found a Snickerdoodle cookie that will be perfect for the upcoming Christmas.
Snickerdoodle is a cookie made of flour, white sugar, butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar with eggs, baking soda and cream of the tart. Its texture is crisp outside on the edges but soft inside. It is very commonly found in the United States but has less popularity in other regions.
You must be wondering about its unique name. But to your disappointment, there is no meaning or link of the name with the cookies. It does not even have a meaning. Not to worry about this as undoubtedly, it will be a great treat to our sweet tooth.
So set your ovens on preheat and till then, let’s gather the ingredients listed below.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodle
|White Sugar||1 ½ cups|
|Vanilla Extract||2 teaspoons|
|All-Purpose Flour||2 ¾ cups|
|Cream of Tartar||2 teaspoons|
|Baking Soda||1 teaspoon|
|Ground Cinnamon||2 teaspoons|
|White Sugar||2 tablespoons|
If you have kids at your place, they will love munching them and love baking them as it is one of the hobbies among kids to bake. So you may also make them part of this activity. Grab the equipment and the ingredients to get started. Let’s see the time required to bake these cookies.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||10 minutes||30 minutes|
You just have to wait 30 minutes to take a bite of these cookies. This is not much of a time I guess to make a soft and delicious cookies. Follow the below steps to make cookies.
- Set your oven on preheat mode at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)
- Till the oven preheats, whisk butter, shortening, sugar 1 ½ cups (rest of the sugar to be used in cinnamon sugar) and vanilla extract till it turns creamy. Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt to this mixture.
- Scoop out the mixture and shape it into medium size balls.
- In a bowl, prepare a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Roll the dough balls in this mixture and place it on the baking sheet with a gap of 2 inches between them.
- Now, bake the balls for 10 minutes or till the balls get cooked but do not overcook them as they can become hard.
- As soon as the cookies get baked, remove them from the baking tray or sheet. Serve them warm or cold.
Yay! Cookies are ready. Grab your coffee or milk and relish them. Another drink which will pair the best with the cookies is hot chocolate. Don’t worry I have a great recipe of hot chocolate that you can make instantly with the help of hot chocolate bombs.
Nutritional Breakdown of Snickerdoodle
How to Make Snickerdoodle at Home | Video
Here is the video to help you in every step of baking these Snickerdoodle cookies. If you want to know more details of the recipe, kindly watch this video as it will help you.
So what are your views about this Snickerdoodle recipe? Let me know your reviews to help you out if anything has to be made clear. I am happy to help you. Share this recipe with your friends and do comment in the section below with your experience and queries.