Today I will be sharing the recipe of Smoked Turkey Breast. You can prepare this at home easily. You will love it.
Turkey is something that everyone. And what more can you ask for if you are getting smoked turkey breast. But it would be best if you brined the turkey because this crucial step will make the turkey moist and flavorful. This is because of the salt; it helps in retaining the moisture after it enters the meat and makes it more flavorful while cooking. Make sure you use kosher salt only.
To prepare smoked turkey breast, make a brine with the apple cider salt, sugar, thyme, sage leaves, rosemary sprigs and garlic bulbs. Place the turkey in the brine for a few hours. Cook the turkey in the smoker at a maintained temperature. Cover it with a foil and serve hot.
For that fresh herby flavor, you can also add poultry seasoning into the mix. If you don’t have any poultry seasoning available, you can simply use its substitutes.
This is not all you need to know. A detailed version of this juicy and delicious recipe is given below. A list of ingredients is mentioned in the recipe. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Contest Winning Barbecued Pork Chops– The Barbecued Pork Chops are not only delicious but are also spectacular when combined with a beautiful glaze. The flavors these chops have are a perfect combination of sweetness and saltiness.
2. Sous Vide Pastrami– Sous vide is a technique used to cook meat into tender and moist meat. If you like your meat to be slowly cooked and taste smoky, then this recipe is for you.
3. Oyster Steak– Oyster steak has high moisture content and does well when cooked using high heat, such as with grilling, broiling or pan searing.
4. Roasted Pork Butt– This recipe will have you drooling and wanting more because of its juiciness and the tenderness. It might sound like I am boasting about this Roasted Pork Butt. But believe me, when you’ll have it, you’ll feel the same.
Ingredients For Smoked Turkey Breast
- 1 (64-oz.) Bottle Apple Cider
- ¾ cup Kosher Salt (such as Diamond Crystal)
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 (4-inch) Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- 2 (4-inch) Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- 10 Fresh Sage Leaves
- 1 Garlic Bulb (cut in half crosswise)
- 4 cups Ice Cubes
- 1 (5 3/4- to 6-lb.) Bone-In Turkey Breast
- 4 Hickory Wood Chunks
While preparing this recipe, many people have a thought in their mind that how long it will take for them to smoke a turkey breast? Well, the answer to that question is mentioned below.
How Much Time Will Take To Make Smoked Turkey Breast?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||4 hours 25 minutes||5 hours||10 hours 15 minutes|
Cooking meat requires patience. So does this recipe. This recipe requires hours to be prepared. But trust me, all your efforts will be worth it. You will get the best outcome for sure. Take a look at how this dish is prepared.
Steps To Make Smoked Turkey Breast
- Take a large pot. Boil cider, salt, sugar, thyme, sage leaves, rosemary sprigs and garlic bulbs on a medium-high flame.
- Reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove the pot from flame and add ice to it. Cool the content down completely.
- In this cooked brine, add turkey and chill it for 5 -12 hours.
- Prepare the smoker to cook the turkey in it. Bring the temperature to 225 degrees to 250 degrees and maintain for 15-20 minutes. Place wood chunks over the coal.
- Take the turkey out of the brine and pat it dry using paper towels. Smoke the turkey in the maintained temperature for 3 ½ hours to 4 hours. Cook till you get the temperature of 165 degrees from the thickest portion of the turkey.
- Remove the turkey cover it with aluminum foil loosely. Let it stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice and serve hot.
Your Thanksgiving will end up right with this dish on your table. It has a perfect smokey flavour and moisture that is needed in a slice of meat.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Smoked Turkey Breast
Let’s see how much nutrition this smoked turkey recipe has.
How To Make Smoked Turkey Breast At Home | Video
Try this recipe and let me know about your reviews in the comment section below.
I have also uploaded the video for the detailed steps. Watch it in case you have any confusion. If you have any queries, then do not hesitate to ask me in the comment section. Your suggestions are also welcomed. Have a good day!