Smoked shrimp is a great option for cooking tastier shrimp that you can serve as your main dish. Here, we are going to talk all about how to smoke shrimp. This dish does not only delight your palate to the fullest extent but it is also easy and quick.
Shrimp is the fruit of the sea that can be cooked in different ways. Smoked shrimp is very simple to make. It doesn’t take long to smoke the shrimp, and you can often use them for your main course.
In order to make smoked shrimp, combine chili powder, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl. In the same bowl, put peeled shrimps and place them in your smoker. Meanwhile, combine the melted butter with the lemon juice, oregano and parsley and brush these shrimps with this lemon-butter mixture every 5-10 minutes. Remove shrimps from the smoker and serve immediately.
Getting to know only the overview of the recipe cannot make you a good cook. In order to get an amazing output, you should know all the recipes in detail. So, without waiting further, Check out the detailed recipe for smoked shrimp.
Smoked Shrimp Recipe
- 1 large bowl
- 1 small bowl
For Shrimp Preparation
For Lemon-Butter Mixture
- 1 cup Melted Butter
- 4 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Preheat smoker to 275°F.
- Add wood chips according to manufacturer's instructions.
Lemon-Butter Mixture Preparation:
- Take a small bowl.
- Mix the melted butter with the lemon juice, oregano and parsley in a bowl.
- After mixing properly, set aside.
- Take a large bowl.
- Combine olive oil, garlic powder, pepper, and chili powder. Sprinkle the seasoning blend equally on both sides of the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp on smoker racks.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, brushing with the lemon-butter mixture every 5-10 minutes.
- Remove shrimps from the smoker and serve immediately.