Everyone loves gouda cheese, but what if there was a way of enhancing its flavors? Well, there is by smoking the cheese. Smoking elevates the taste of the cheese by adding smokiness.
The cheese has got a smooth texture and becomes hard when smoked. It’s popularity is one of the reasons why many gouda cheese snacks are popular in the market. You can pair the recipe with mac and cheese. The cheese is really easy to smoke and takes less than 30 minutes.
To smoked gouda cheese, prepare and burn the grill for 5 minutes. Now, smoke the cheese at 40 degrees for 30 minutes. Then, wrap the cheese in parchment paper and place it in the refrigerator for 2 days.
You can replace the ordinary cheese with smoked cheese and use it with anything you like. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Cucumber Mint Raita– This raita is very healthy and good for summers. It perfectly goes along with any kind of food such as biryani, parathas, or whatever you like.
2. Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce– Mardi Gras mustard sauce has got a sweet and spicy nature. Chicken wings pair perfectly with the sauce.
3. Rajas Con Queso– The main ingredient used in the dip is Poblano Chile which is a mild green chile. The word Rajas is a Spanish word meaning strips.
What's In The Post
Smoked Gouda Cheese Recipe
- 8 oz Gouda
- For cold smoke, prepare the grill and burn it for 5 minutes or until it produces a steady stream of smoke.
- Get the gouda out from the packet and place it on grill grates and heat it at 40 degrees F.
- Smoke gouda cheese for 30 minutes.
- After the smoking process, wrap gouda in parchment paper and place it in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Serve it with crackers, nachos, and mac.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. I recommend you have smoked gouda cheese with your sizzling snacks and do share your valuable reviews in comment section below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.