Yeah, I was talking to my friend who recently went to America for his further studies so I was talking to him genuinely about his place where he lives, about his college, about his friends and the mandatory question that I asked is what you eat there and what is the famous dish of America.
He replied that there are many things that are famous here but the thing that everyone loves to eat is Smoked Canadian bacon. When I listen to the name of the dish I was quite surprised because the name of the dish belongs to Canada and the dish is famous in America.
Are you people confused about it?
I have the answer for this also come let’s see.
Canadian bacon is the American name for a form of bacon that is smoked and fully cooked, trimmed into cylindrical and thickly sliced.”Canadian” bacon is made only from the lean eye of the loin and is ready to eat. Its flavor is described as more ham-like than other types because of its lean cut. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Chef John’s Prime Rib– Chef John is an American Chef who publishes cooking videos on his blog and Youtube channel named Food Wishes. Chef John’s formula is a formula to cook the ribs with a perfect pink with medium-rare shade.
2. Baby Meatloaf– The recipe of Baby Meatloaf is the widely accepted, loved and the most cooked recipe in most parts of the world. This recipe has its separate lover’s base because it keeps everyone happy with its taste and flavors that it contains.
3. Baked Porgy– Porgy is really a great fish to eat and cook. You will really love the idea of cooking it. This dish is originated from Spanish or Portuguese Pargo. It belongs to the sea bream family of fish.
4. Rhubarb Crisp– Its name is quite simple and is based on the key ingredient used in this recipe. And due to its crispy texture, it has crisp at the end of its name. A simple and sweet recipe has a unique taste and is filled with a lot of butter.
Ingredients Required for the Smoked Canadian Bacon Recipe
|Pork Loin||3 Pounds|
|Kosher Salt||1 cup|
|Prague Powder||2 tea spoons|
|Powder Garlic||1 tbs|
|Warm distilled water||4 cups|
|Black Peppercorns||1 cup|
Smoked Canadian Bacon Recipe
- Add garlic powder, sugar, salt, black peppercorns, Prague powder in a pot and put this in the refrigerator for some time.
- Scrub the exterior of the meat properly and put the pork in the pot and put it in the refrigerator for two weeks.
- After the meat cures, smoke it for some time.
- Before smoking, rinse the surface really well and smoke it for two hours.
- Smoke at 145 degrees.
- The dish is ready to serve.
Note- To make your Smoked Canadian Bacon recipe tasty and delicious, you have to follow all the steps mentioned above.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|1 HOURS||2 HOUR||3 HOURS|
Nutritional Facts Of Smoked Canadian Bacon
If you are a diet conscious person, then here is the nutritional breakdown of the all the nutrients present in Smoked Canadian Bacon recipe.