Awaken the Einstein within! Ever heard of smoking a chicken with a beer can in its cavity? If not, try smoked beer can chicken and you’ll know what you’re missing. Read this article and give it a shot.
Smoked beer can chicken is seasoned with savory spices. It is smoked with beer for about an hour. You can serve this with grilled veggies. When it’s cooked, the juice starts dripping off from the chicken as you cut it. It’s delicious, tender, and juicy. So, it’s worth extra cooking. Keep reading this recipe and try it now.
For smoked beer can chicken, mix oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and brown sugar in a bowl. Rub the mixture over the chicken and insert a beer can in its cavity. Smoke the chicken for about 1 hour. Prepare the sauce by mixing ketchup, beer, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Brush this sauce on the chicken and cook for 30 minutes.
This was just a brief outline of the recipe instructions. To know the entire procedure, read the recipe card provided below. Also, watch the video provided below in this article. Please rate this recipe and save it for later. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other main course dishes from our blog.
1. Shrimp And Crab Pasta– Shrimp and crab pasta is an easy dinner recipe. It contains loads of proteins from crab meat and tender shrimps tossed in homemade pasta sauce. Parmesan cheese adds more flavor to this five-star meal.
2. Loaded Mac And Cheese– Loaded Mac and Cheese is a popular meal in America. It is stuffed with macaroni and cheese sauce. This incredibly delicious meal has a creamy texture coated with crispy breadcrumbs and bacon.
3. Pork Chop Marinade– Pork chop marinade has delicious crispy pork chops drenched in intensely flavored marinade. These juicy crispy pork chops are loaded with the flavors of hot sauce, brown mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. Chili flakes and black pepper add more heat and spiciness to the pork.
4. Fried Egg Burger– Fried egg burger is a perfect go-to comfort food. It has fried egg and bacon along with paty, cheese, and veggies like lettuce leaves and tomatoes. It’s healthy and a quick meal.
Smoked Beer Can Chicken Recipe
- 5 pounds Chicken
- 1/2 can Beer
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
Beer Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 3/4 cup Beer
- 2/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Take a large bowl and add brown sugar, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper to it. Now, add oregano to the bowl and mix them well.
- Rub this mixture all over the chicken and insert the beer can in the cavity of the chicken. Place it in the smoker and cook for about 1hour.
- In a bowl, mix ketchup, beer, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Add this mixture to the skillet. Heat this mixture until it starts boiling. Boil this for at least 10 minutes.
- Brush this sauce over the chicken and cook for around 30 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 F.