Smoked baked potatoes are one of the easiest smoker recipes. All you need is the combination of seasoning mixture and put them in a smoker for 3 hours. So, you get the best out of the least amount of work. If you haven’t tried this recipe yet, keep reading and try it now.
You can stuff smoked baked potatoes with sour cream, shredded cheese, or smoked pork. Smoked potatoes take on smokey flavor in addition to the seasoning flavors. These potatoes are the best side dish you can offer with every meal.
For smoked baked potatoes, poke holes in the potatoes. Apply olive oil on them. In a bowl, mix salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Rub this mixture on the potatoes and smoke for around 3 hours. Slit the potatoes from the middle and top with chopped parsley and butter.
Read the recipe card below to know the entire procedure. You’ll find a video as you go further down in this article. Watch it and try this recipe now. Don’t forget to rate and save this recipe.
Smoked Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Parsley (chopped)
- Butter (optional)
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cubes Butter
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 stalk Spring Onions
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- Poke tiny holes in the potatoes with a fork. Apply olive oil and rub the potatoes with kosher salt.
- Place these potatoes on the oven pre heated at 200 degrees , for about 25 minutes. Once the internal temperature of the potatoes reaches 210 F, remove them from the oven.
For Cheese Sauce
- Place a pot over medium-heat. Using the double boiler method, melt cheese and butter in a glass bowl and mix it properly. Add milk to this mixture for a creamy consistency.
- Season this mixture with kosher salt, pepper and parsley. Your cheese sauce is ready.
For Smoked Baked Potatoes
- Slit the potatoes midway and add the prepared cheese sauce. Top up the potatoes with diced capsicum and corn kernels. Bake it again at 180 degrees till the cheese is not gratinated. This will hardly take 15-20 minutes.
- Your smoked baked potatoes are ready.