Ever tried smoked apple pie? It’s a delicious smokey dessert to give your meal a perfect ending. It tastes the best with the buttery crust or even the sugar-coated crust. If you need the recipe, you gotta read this entire article.
Smoked apple pie has a slight flaky crust. Its dense apple filling has a slight tart taste to balance the sweetness. I usually pre-cook the fruit before adding it to the pie crust. It prevents shrinkage of the fruits in the pie. Now let’s hop right into the recipe for smoked apple pie.
For smoked apple pie, mix sliced apples, lemon juice, orange zest, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and brown sugar in a bowl. Cook this mixture for 5 minutes in a skillet containing butter. Now, pour this filling into a large skillet having pie crust at the bottom. Pour the apple filling in it and cover it with the pie crust. Smoke for at least 1 hour.
That’s not all about this recipe. Read the recipe card below and watch a similar video at the end of this article. Don’t forget to save this recipe for thanksgiving dessert. Rate this recipe and try it now. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other appetizing desserts from our blog.
1. Apple Pie Cookies- Apple pie cookies is an amazing combination of apple pie and cookies. The filling is made with cinnamon and sugar-flavored apples. These scrumptious dessert cookies can be enjoyed as pie and cookies.
2. Chocolate Banana Cake– Chocolate banana cake is a comforting dessert filled with the flavors of vanilla, chocolate, and banana. It’s fluffy, soft, and nutritious. Cinnamon and cocoa powder added to this cake add more flavor and delight to this cake.
3. Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake– Marbled pumpkin cheesecake crispy base of pecans and cookie crumbs. The creamy filling is loaded with the flavors of cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, and sugar. It has a marbled top layer that looks as amazing as it tastes.
4. Christmas Wreath Cupcakes– Christmas wreath cupcake is a Christmas themed fancy dessert. These are chocolate cupcakes filled with the flavor of vanilla extract and butter. The buttercream for the cupcake is filled with vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and green gel paste food color. This decorating cupcake is the dessert for Christmas.
Smoked Apple Pie Recipe
- Large Skillet
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- 6 Apples (peeled and sliced)
- 2 Pie Crusts
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Take a large bowl and add lemon juice, orange zest, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and brown sugar to it. Now, add apple wedges and combine the mixture.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add butter to it. As the butter melts, pour the mixture into the skillet and cook for around 5 to 10 minutes until the apple gets soft. Remove it from the heat.
- Keep one pie crust in the bottom of a large skillet. Add the apple filling to it and place the other pie crust on top of it. Seal the edges of the pie crusts at the top and the bottom of the skillet. Make sure you secure the pie filling inside the skillet.
- Place your skillet in the smoker and cook for around 1 hour to 1.5 hours until the apple pie is golden brown in color.
- Let this pie rest for about 20 minutes after removing it from the smoker.