Small red beans go great with rice. This is a delicious and fairly easy recipe to make. This will also become the go-to comfort meal that you can enjoy on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
I have been eating small red beans with rice since forever. They are delicious and fulfilling. Small red beans and rice are a brilliant combination. You can have it for lunch and enjoy your day.
To make small red beans with rice, cook the rice in a rice cooker. Then, heat a Dutch oven and add water, salt, and beans to it. Bring it to a boil. Then, add garlic, onion, and bacon. Cook it on low flame for about an hour and a half. Serve the red beans with the cooked rice.
There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Miami Rice– Miami rice is beneficial for your body as it contains beans that are known for their various nutritional elements present in them. They help in reducing blood pressure and in keeping your bones sturdy.
2. Katsu Style Ramen– The combination of that broth (which is mainly of chicken or pork) with some veggies and ramen noodles adds to its taste. This dish is very nutritious, full of flavors, and healthy too.
3. Hobo Beans– When you want to spice up basic stewed beans, this recipe can certainly come in handy. Filled with beans, bacon, and ground beef, this makes a delicious supper for your family.
4. Carne Con Chile Rojo– Chile Colorado is a traditional Mexican dish of beef stewed in a red chile sauce. This is the best Chile Colorado (or Carne con Chile Rojo) we have tried.
Ingredients for Small Red Beans and Rice
|Small Red Beans||1 pound|
|White Onion (diced)||1|
|Bacon||½ cup cooked|
|Basmati rice||1 cup|
How Much Time Would it Take ?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||1 hour 40 minutes||1 hour 50 minutes|
Small Red Beans and Rice Recipe
- Rinse the beans and soak them if you want.
- Take a Dutch oven and add water, salt and beans in it.
- Keep the flame on high and bring this mixture to a boil.
- Now, add garlic, onion and bacon in this mixture and keep the flame on low.
- Stir this mixture occasionally on low flame. Cook it for about 1 ½ hour. Check the water level and add more if you want.
- Wash your rice thoroughly and rinse it. Then, take a rice cooker or pot. Fill it half with water and add the rice in it.
- Bring the water to a boil. Cook it until the water has dried up and the rice is soft and doubled its size.
Nutritional Facts of Small Red Beans and Rice
|Dietary fiber||10.1 g|