Of the most popular dishes ever created, homemade lasagna has a different comfort attached to it. It is easy to make, with easily sourced ingredients easily bought from the store.
On a similar note, there are a lot of other slow cooker recipes that just come out so fine, that they can make your lazy afternoons a lot brighter. An electric pressure cooker, in my opinion, is one of the best kitchen investments that you can make. Don’t just take my word for it.
To make slow cooker lasagna, heat oil in a pan and cook the onions in it. Then, add ground meat, salt, and pepper to it and cook the meat. Add garlic and saute it. Put the marinara sauce in the slow cooker. Then, put lasagna sheets, cooked beef, and shredded cheese. Make 2 more similar layers. Top with marinara sauce and cheese. Cook it for 4 hours.
This was just an overview of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Bojangles Dirty Rice– Dirty Rice makes a hearty main course with salad as its side. It is a good healthy meal and making it home will make it more nutritional. So let’s make this spicy comfort food at home and satisfy your craving for the Bojangles Dirty Rice.
2. Texas Style Lasagna– It is a meal with layers of tortilla, meat, and cheese. It is delicious as well as healthy as it is power-packed components like beans, avocados, and tomatoes.
3. Butternut Squash Lasagna– Cooking lasagna might look like a task to you. But this recipe will make turn this thought of yours into a myth. It is an easy recipe. You can even make this recipe ahead of the serving day and freeze it.
4. Baked Ziti– As a pasta lover, I always try new dishes which has pasta as the main ingredient. So, I wrote the recipe for Baked Ziti.
How to Make Quick and Easy Slow Cooker Lasagna
To make a flavorful lasagna, cook the meat first. For this recipe, we have used ground beef. You can also use the meat of your preference like chicken, lamb, or pork.
First, you need to chop a medium-sized onion, and then put a skillet over your stove and warm a tablespoon of olive oil in it. Then add the chopped onion and stir fry for a minute or so on medium-high heat till it softens.
You need to put in the grounded beef on the skillet and add salt and pepper for seasoning and cook it with the onions until it turns brown and cooks through completely. By this time, the meat should have broken up into small pieces. Add some minced garlic and sauté the entire concoction for thirty seconds or so and your meat will be prepared.
Now that your meat is browned, it will take just a few minutes to layer it in your slow cooker.
To layer the lasagna ingredients, first spread a bit of marinara sauce on the bottom of your cooker and then put on a layer of your pasta sheets. If they don’t fit, you can also break them up to fit them properly. Add a third of the meat, a cup of marinara sauce, and shredded cheese (preferably mozzarella), and then repeat the entire process two more times. Top it off with one more layer of pasta and one and a half cups of sauce and the remaining mozzarella.
Put your slow cooker on slow heat for about four hours, until the pasta sheets are softened and everything gets incorporated beautifully. Let the lasagna rest for half an hour; this will put the structure together and easier to cut. Garnish with parmesan cheese and/or freshly chopped parsley or basil.
- The marinara sauce flavour intensifies, so use only your favourite sauce or a homemade sauce.
- Do not boil your lasagna sheets before putting them in or use no-boil lasagna sheets. These will melt when put. Use whole-wheat or white lasagna noodles.
- If you like sausage, add half a pound of sausage and cook it with the ground beef in the first step of the process.
- You can also add ricotta cheese to add a burst of flavour. Put a spoon on top of the noodles and spread it out a bit.
- The 30 minutes of sitting time ensures that everything comes together in the end and provides a cohesive flavourful structure to your lasagna.
Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 pound lean Ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper (as per taste)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 6 cups Marinara Sauce
- 10 Whole Wheat or White Lasagna Noodles
- 2 ½ cups Mozzarella (shredded)
- Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Parsley or Basil (chopped, for serving)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Stir fry onions in it for 1-2 minutes to soften them.
- Add the ground meat, salt, and pepper, and cook until it is browned and breaks into small pieces.
- Add garlic to it and sauté for 30 seconds. Then, remove the pan from the heat.
- Spread 1 cup of marinara sauce at the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a single layer of the lasagna noodles, a cup of cooked beef, and a third of the shredded mozzarella.
- Make two more layers similarly.
- For the top layer, layer the lasagna sheets, a cup and a half of marinara, and the remaining mozzarella.
- Cook on low heat for 4 hours, till the noodles turn soft.
- Turn off heat and let it rest for half an hour. Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley or basil.