Of the most popular dishes ever created, homemade lasagna has a different comfort attached to it. It is easy to make, with easily sourced ingredients easily bought from the store. Imagine sitting at home and digging into this deliciously made lasagna as you watch the TV on a rainy day. Wonderful, right? But if you think that lasagna is just comfort food and needs to be made with a lot of effort, here’s a recipe that will bust your misconception.
On a similar note, there are a lot of other slow cooker recipes that just come out so fine, that they can make your lazy afternoons a lot brighter. An electric pressure cooker, in my opinion, is one of the best kitchen investments that you can make. Don’t just take my word for it. Professional chefs and hospitality enthusiasts at Best Kitchen Buy are in complete concurrence with us here.
Lasagnas in your slow cooker are fairly easy to make, with a minimum preparation time. You don’t even need to cook the lasagna sheets beforehand and this can be made with easily bought marinara sauce, cheese, your preferred choice of meat and can also be customised according to your taste. Read this recipe and get cooking on this beautiful crockpot lasagna rich, flavourful, and simply excellent in taste.
How to Make Quick and Easy Slow Cooker Lasagna
To make a flavourful lasagna, you will need to first cook the meat. For this recipe, we have used ground beef. However, you can simply use whatever meat you prefer – maybe chicken or lamb or pork.
First you need to chop a medium-sized onion, and then put a skillet over your stove and warm a tablespoon of olive oil in it. Then add the chopped onion and stir fry for a minute or so on medium-high heat till it softens.
You need to put in the grounded beef on the skillet and add salt and pepper for seasoning and cook it with the onions until it turns brown and cooks through completely. By this time, the meat should have broken up into small pieces. Add some minced garlic and sauté the entire concoction for thirty seconds or so and your meat will be prepared.
Now that your meat is browned, it will take just a few minutes to layer it in your slow cooker.
To layer the lasagna ingredients, first spread a bit of marinara sauce on the bottom of your cooker and then put on a layer of your pasta sheets. If they don’t fit, you can also break them up to fit them properly. Add a third of the meat, a cup of marinara sauce and shredded cheese (preferably mozzarella), and then repeat the entire process for two more times. Top it off with one more layer of pasta and one and a half cup of sauce and the remaining mozzarella.
Put your slow cooker on slow heat for about four hours, until the pasta sheets are softened and everything gets incorporated beautifully. Let the lasagna rest for half an hour; this will put the structure together and easier to cut. Garnish with parmesan cheese and/or freshly chopped parsley or basil.
- The marinara sauce flavour intensifies, so use only your favourite sauce or a homemade sauce.
- Do not boil your lasagna sheets before putting them in or use no-boil lasagna sheets. These will melt when put. Use whole-wheat or white lasagna noodles.
- If you like sausage, add half a pound of sausage and cook it with the ground beef in the first step of the process.
- You can also add ricotta cheese to add a burst of flavour. Put a spoon on top of the noodles and spread it out a bit.
- The 30 minutes of sitting time ensures that everything comes together in the end and provides a cohesive flavourful structure to your lasagna.
Ingredients For Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 chopped Medium Onion
- 1 pound lean Ground Beef (or your preferred choice of meat)
- Salt and Pepper (according to taste)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- About 6 cups of Marinara Sauce
- 10 Whole Wheat or White Lasagna Noodles (according to preference)
- 2 ½ cups Shredded Mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (for serving)
- Chopped Parsley or Basil (for serving)
These are all the ingredients that you need to require for this dish Now let’s head on the time you need to invest in the making of this dish.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Slow Cooker Lasagna?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||4 hour||25-30 minutes||4 ½ hours|
Now let’s hop onto the directions you need to follow for this recipe.
Steps To Make Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and stir fry onions for 1-2 minutes to soften them.
- Add the ground meat, salt and pepper, and cook until it is browned and breaks into small pieces.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Spread 1 cup of marinara sauce at the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a single layer of the lasagna noodles, a cup of marinara sauce, and a third of the shredded mozzarella.
- Make two more layers similarly.
- For the top layer, layer the lasagna sheets, a cup and a half of marinara and the remaining mozzarella.
- Cook on low heat for 4 hours, till the noodles turn soft.
- Turn off heat and let it rest for half an hour. Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley or basil.
- Use a sauce which you like, because the flavour intensifies when you cook it.
- Different slow cookers cook differently. Your cooker may cook faster or slower.
Your tasty and delicious lasagna in a slow cooker in ready to eat.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Slow Cooker Lasagna
How To Make Slow Cooker Lasagna At Home | Video
An easy recipe of Lasagna which is a must-try. To help you with the steps, I have uploaded a video. Do watch it.
Also, share your reviews for recipe after you make it. For any query, you can ask your questions in the comment section. Do share this recipe with your friends and family. Enjoy your meal.