Most people know about buffalo chicken wings. But slow cooker buffalo chicken is another great recipe. The chicken is shredded and cooked in a slow cooker. You can serve it with rice, tacos, and even sandwiches.
I love this recipe as it’s easy to make and customizable. Chicken breasts with buffalo sauce are the best combination for proteins. This recipe is an absolute hit for whoever tries it. So, today I’m here to share this amazing recipe with you.
To make slow cooker buffalo chicken, add chicken breasts to slow cooker. Add red sauce, ranch dressing, and butter to the pot and cook for 6-8 hours on a low setting. After cooking is done, shred the chicken using two forks. Your slow cooker buffalo chicken is ready.
If you don’t want to serve your chicken with blue cheese, here is a list of blue cheese substitutes that you can use. Give them a read!
Below are step-by-step instructions to make slow cooker buffalo chicken. Also, have a look at the video provided down the recipe card. So, try this recipe now, and don’t forget to rate this recipe. You can also save it for later. But before getting the instructions, check out our other main course recipes below.
1. Instant Pot Beef Broccoli– Instant Pot Beef Broccoli is a recipe that brings forth the goodness of beef and broccoli with a delicious Asian Sauce. The beef is so heavenly tender that it melts in your mouth.
2. Crockpot Rump Roast– This delicacy has tender meat cooked with rich gravy and vegetables. Also known as bottom round oven, this is a great recipe for a family gathering.
3. Herbes de Provence -This recipe is an exquisite part of French and Mediterranean cuisine. The blend of spices and herbs adds an exceptional flavor to the chicken which makes it stand out from the rest of chicken-based dishes.
4. Smoked Pork Loin– The flavor of smoked pork loin is exquisitely irresistible. The pork can be seasoned in different manner. Serve it with fresh herbs to get that earthy flavor.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Recipe
- 2 pounds Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 12 oz Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce (or any other spicy sauce)
- 1 oz Ranch Dressing Packet (dip mix as well)
- ½ cup Salted Butter
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing
- Add chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
- Add over some of the ranch dressing (or dip) mix.
- Pour over Frank's red hot sauce or any sauce of your choice.
- Add a cube of butter on top.
- Place the lid of slow cooker cook on low setting for about 6-8 hours.
- When cooking is done, take two forks and shred the chicken.
- Your slow cooker buffalo chicken is ready.
- You can different cuts of chicken like a boneless chicken thigh, or bone-in-thigh.
- Adding butter cuts to spiciness and the vinegar flavor is recommended.
- You can serve this recipe with pasta, rice, mashed or baked potatoes, with sandwiches and burgers.
- You can use a different sauce of your choice.