If you are looking for a breakfast that is nutritious as well as healthy then, the shrimp omelette is the best choice. A good breakfast gives you the energy to survive the whole day. So, it is important to have a nutritious breakfast.
To make a shrimp omelette, heat oil in a skillet. Add garlic to it and fry it until it turns golden. Then, add chopped onions and fry until translucent. Add shrimp and fry until it turns pink.
In a bowl, add eggs and the shrimp mixture. Beat vigorously until frothy and add to the skillet. Cover and cook until set. Transfer to a plate and garnish with tomatoes and cheese.
We recommend using quality eggs that are fresh and bright in yolk color. I like buying the ones with free-run kind with omega 3’s as they have orange yolks.
You may use crab meat (instead of shrimp) for this recipe. This omelet tastes even better with crab meat.
This was just an overview of the complete recipe. Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Huevos Rotos– This delicious recipe is simple, but it is listed among the popular Spanish egg dishes. Most people prefer eggs as breakfast. But in Spain, eggs are consumed not only as a resort for breakfast but even at lunch, dinner and surprisingly as desserts too.
2. Crab Omelette– Crabmeat is actually very healthy. Crab is a great source of protein and is considered to be one of the best dietary sources of protein. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids, Selenium, Riboflavin, Copper, and Phosphorus.
3. Spinach Bread– If you want to make bread that is nutritious and also unique in flavor then, you must try spinach bread. It consists of cooked spinach and cheese. It is easy to make and is really delicious.
4. Eggs Benedict– This recipe is a very common breakfast and brunch dish in America. It is said to be invented in a New York restaurant named Delmonico’s in the 1860s.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Shrimp Omelette?
- Skillet – Cook the omelette mixture in the skillet on medium heat until the eggs are set and slightly runny in the middle.
- Bowl – Prepare the egg mixture in a bowl until it turns frothy.
- Plate – Transfer prepared omelette to a plate and garnish with chopped parsley and diced tomatoes.
- Knife – Chop the onion, spinach leaves, and shrimp and mince the garlic and dice the tomatoes with a knife.
- Chopping Board – Chop the veggies on a chopping board for fine cutting.
- Grater – Grate the cheese with a grater for cheesy bite.
- Spatula – Slide the spatula around one side of the omelette at the edge to loosen it and carefully fold it omelette in half to loosen it from the pan.
- Spoon – Beat the eggs in a bowl for the omelette using a spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Shrimp Omelette?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Shrimp Omelette?
- Eggs – The key to making a really fluffy omelette is to beat the eggs continuously. This adds air to the eggs, making them frothy. The frothy egg batter yields a light and fluffy omelette.
- Parmesan Cheese – Top your omelette with shredded parmesan cheese to add a kick of gritty texture and fruity and nutty taste.
- Virgin Olive Oil – Olive oil is is used to cook omelette until slightly runny in the middle.
- Shrimp – Shrimp will add a mild, buttery, sweet, and salty taste with a soft and fragrant aroma when cooked properly.
- Spanish Onion – Spanish onions will add a slightly sweeter taste and more delicate in flavor when cooked to the omelette.
- Spinach Leaf – Spinach leaves will a mild sweet taste when it is cooked to the omelette.
- Garlic Cloves – Sauté garlic cloves to add a soft and sweet buttery flavor to the mixture.
- Tomatoes – Garnish your omelette with diced tomatoes for a sweet flavor.
- Parsley – Parsley will add a bright, herbaceous, and slightly bitter taste to the omelette.
- Salt – Adding salt to the beaten eggs well before cooking will help bind the mixture too tightly as they heat up, which results in a moister and more tender omelette.
- Pepper – Just sprinkle some black pepper powder on your omelette to make it spicy.
Steps To Make Shrimp Omelette
1. Cooking Is Necessary
Start by chopping one onion and spinach leaves. Mince two garlic cloves and dice one tomato. Grate the parmesan cheese and keep it aside.
Take a skillet and heat oil. Once heated, fry minced garlic until it turns golden. Now add chopped onion and sauté it until they become translucent.
Now add chopped shrimp and sauté it until it turns pink.
2. Omelette Is Ready To Serve
In a large bowl, beat eggs. Now season it with salt and pepper and keep beating until it it turns frothy.
Now mix shrimp mixture to the bowl and stir vigorously. Pour the mixture to the skillet and drizzle some oil.
Cover the skillet with a lid and keep on medium heat until the eggs are set and slightly runny in the middle. When the omelet has cooked, transfer it to a plate.
Garnish with diced tomatoes and shredded cheese and serve hot.
How Will Shrimp Omelette Look And Taste Like?
Shrimp omelette is a silky-smooth savory egg omelette with bouncy chewy shrimp. The flavor from the shrimp egg-cellently compliments the smooth eggs.
The sharpness from the onions, the nuttiness of the garlic and the saltiness from the spices make this egg dish irresistible! The texture of the eggs are also so smooth and silky.
Shrimp Omelette Recipe
- Chopping Board
- 4 Eggs (Beaten)
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup Virgin Olive Oil
- 15 ounces Shrimp (Sliced and Peeled)
- 1 Chopped Spanish Onion
- 1 Chopped Spinach Leaf
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Diced Tomatoes
- 1 sprig Parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Start by chopping one onion and spinach leaves. Mince two garlic cloves and dice one tomato. Grate the parmesan cheese and keep it aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil and fry garlic until it turns golden. Add onion and sauté it until they become translucent. Now, add shrimp and cook it until it turns pink.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and add salt and pepper. Keep beating until it they turn frothy. Add shrimp mixture and stir vigorously.
- Add the mixture in the large bowl to the skillet. Add some more oil, if necessary. Cover it and keep on medium heat until the eggs are set.
- When the omelet has cooked, transfer it to a plate.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes and shredded cheese and serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to make an omelet with shrimp?
Melt butter over medium heat in a non-stick skillet; add egg mixture and cook slowly until halfway done. Place shrimp and half of cheese on omelet; continue cooking until egg is half cooked. Fold in half and top with remaining cheese, cooking until cheese is melted.
What ingredients go well in an omelette?
Some classic omelet fillings include shredded cheddar or Gruyere cheese, sour cream, diced ham, crisp bacon, sautéed mushrooms, bell peppers or tomatoes, caramelized onions, fresh herbs or even leftovers from last night’s dinner. For a sweet omelet, omit pepper and add a dash of sugar to egg mixture.
Is it OK to add milk in omelette?
Many people add either milk or cream to their omelettes in order to bulk them out and have a more substantial dish without the need to add an extra egg. While this does work, it’s crucial not to go overboard or you’ll end up with a mixture that’s too loose.
Do you use 2 or 3 eggs for omelette?
Use two or three eggs, or two eggs and one egg white for the perfect single-serving omelet.” “If you use a pan that’s too big, your egg will be super-thin and break under the weight of your fillings. For a two-to-three-egg omelet, use an 8-inch pan.
If you’re in need of a simple, delicious and nutritious meal that’s big on protein and low on carbs, then this shrimp omelette recipe is for you. This shrimp omelette is made with just a handful of ingredients.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we did! Be sure to give it a quick review and star rating below.