Shrimp is one of the most famous seafood on this planet. You can make a wide variety of food items using shrimp. It is so popular that it was reported that more than one billion pounds of shrimp were eaten by Americans every year.
But have you ever thought or got to know that you can also make drinks using shrimp. If no, then today I will tell you how you can make the Shrimp Cocktail at home.
This cocktail with shrimp, hot sauce, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, avocados and celery is something that will make your day. Doesn’t matter what time of the day is it or what season is it, you are always eligible for a Shrimp Cocktail.
So without waiting more, let’s check out the Shrimp Cocktail recipe. But before that, let’s check out the directions that are required to make this cocktail at home.
Ingredients for Shrimp Cocktail
|Lemon Juice||1 tsp|
|Worcestershire sauce||½ tsp|
|Hot Sauce||½ tsp|
You will get all these ingredients from any nearby supermarket. While making this cocktail, you will not have to invest much of your time as this drink only takes 15 minutes to prepare. But still, let’s check out the exact breakdown of the time frame.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
Without waiting more, let’s check out the exact steps that you need to follow for this wonderful cocktail at home.
Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
- Take a large saucepan and fill it with water.
- Put salt in the water.
- Squeeze the lemon juice in it. In the saucepan, add parsley and peppercorns to it as well.
- Now put the saucepan on high heat until it starts to boil.
- Now put the shrimp in the saucepan and cover the lid. Let the shrimps in the saucepan until they become opaque and pink.
- During this process, take a large bowl and put cold water in it with 2 large ice cubes.
- When the shrimps are fully cooked, remove them from the saucepan and transfer them to the cold water mixture.
- Let the shrimp in the cold water for some time.
- Pell off the shrimp except for the tail.
- When the shrimps are resting in the cold water, take a small bowl and put ketchup, lemon juice, horseradish, salt, Worcestershire sauce and Hot Sauce in it.
- Combine everything properly.
- Now take a martini glass and put the sauce and the shrimp pieces in it.
Your Shrimp Cocktail is ready. This wonderful drink will make your day, do try it out.
Nutritional Breakdown of Shrimp Cocktail
For all the health conscious people out there, I’ve mentioned the nutritional breakdown of this Shrimp Cocktail below.
How to Make Shrimp Cocktail at Home | Video
If you really liked this recipe then for your ease, I’ve also mentioned a video below.
I highly recommend all of you to make this different type of cocktail at your home. If you’ll try this cocktail for the first time, do share your reviews in the comments below.