Cocktails remind everybody of an alcoholic drink. But wait! Do you think shrimp cocktails means shrimps in some alcohol? Hold your horses! Don’t be worried as you may get a hint by the name that it is an alcohol-based recipe but it is not. The word cocktail is used in this recipe because of the way shrimps are served in a cocktail glass with a cocktail sauce in it and edged by the shrimps. A good concept, right.
Presentation of the food also plays a vital role. It will not only make it more appealing to the eyes but and even makes it taste good as you feel good by the way it is served. I love such presentation of the food. The way your food is served to you will help you attain more satisfaction. Shrimp cocktail is one such example of a spectacular presentation. So let us try shrimp cocktail recipe today.
Shrimp Cocktail is also known as Prawn Cocktail as it contains prawns. It is loved as an appetizer in Britain and America since the 1960s. This one such recipe is a combination of cold shrimps with a hot spicy and sweet sauce. Prawn in this recipe are tender and juicy. This recipe is delicious, so let me not delay more and provide you with the ingredients and other follow-ups for the recipe. Here you go.
Ingredients for Shrimp Cocktail
|Kosher Salt||2 tablespoon|
|Granulated Sugar||2 tablespoon|
|Onion||½ small peeled and halved|
|Lemons||2 lemons divided|
|Shrimp/Prawns||2 lb peeled|
For Cocktail Sauce
|Chili Sauce||½ cup|
|Lemon Zest||1 teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 tablespoon|
|Hot Sauce||2 dashes|
|Celery salt||¼ teaspoon|
No need to worry as all the above-listed ingredients required will be readily available at any supermarket. Just go and grab them in case they are not stocked up in your pantry. Till then let me share the time taken to prepare this recipe.
How Much It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||10 minutes||25 minutes|
Homemade Shrimp Cocktail in just 25 minutes! Wow! I must say it is a quick recipe to try at your home. No much efforts are required to prepare this recipe. To make it more easy and less time consuming, you can use pre-cooked prawns that are readily available at any supermarket. Then you have to mix up the ingredients and serve.
Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
- Take a large bowl and fill the half bowl with ice and water. Set it aside
- Cut lemon wedges and keep them separately.
- In a saucepan, add water, salt, sugar, onion and parsley to this add half lemon juice. Put this pan on the stove and bring all the ingredients to boil. After a boil, add prawns to the pan and let it cook until they turn pink and opaque. It may take 3-5 minutes.
- After the prawns get cooked transfer them to a bowl of ice and water. Strain them and use immediately or you can store them in the refrigerator for 12 hours before you serve.
- To make a cocktail sauce. Mix all the listed ingredients of the sauce in a bowl and mix it till they combine well.
- Serve the prawns and the sauce in a cocktail glass with some lemon wedges and parsley sprinkled on it.
- You can use any glass or bowl to serve the prawns with sauce. Just remember to hang the prawns on the edge of the glass and add the sauce into the glass.
You must be amazed to see how easy this recipe is, right. The only thing in this recipe is too gather the ingredients; rest is just so easy and quick to be done.
Nutritional Breakdown of Shrimp Cocktail
Shrimp has vital nutrients in it that are good for a human body. That’s why I’ve added a nutritional breakdown of the Shrimp Cocktail below.
How to Make Shrimp Cocktail at Home | Video
If you prefer step-by-step instructions of the Shrimp cocktail recipe then watch the video I have added to make it easier for use.
Can’t wait to begin with the recipe? Try it and share your reviews in the comment section. Just in case you have any query related to the recipe, you can ask your questions in the comment section too. If you liked this recipe, do share with your family and friends. Bon Appetite!