Shell steak means that part of a short loin of beef having no tenderloin. It is also known as bone-in strip steak, shell steak is a must-eat delicacy. This cut is perfect for pan-frying. Making Shell Steak at home can be really fun as well as equally easy.
Pertinently, this shell steak recipe is quite low in carbohydrates. Shell steak requires more or less 15 to 20 minutes of cooking time. In this homemade shell steak recipe, butter has been used but you can use olive oil as well and cook steaks in it. Also, you can garnish it with watercress.
To make shell steak, season the steak with salt and pepper. Then, melt butter in a skillet and add the steak to it. Cook the steak from both sides for about 7-8 minutes. Then, transfer the steak to a plate and leave it undisturbed for some time. After that, serve it.
This recipe can help you whip up a quick and perfect dinner or lunch meal. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Chicken Potato Stew– Chicken potato stew is the ultimate comfort food. It combines delicious chicken and crispy golden skin with baby potatoes and refreshing herbs and turns it all into a one-pot meal. It is fulfilling and delicious.
2. Gambas Al Ajillo– If you are looking for a shrimp recipe, then the Gambas Al Ajillo recipe is just for you. The name of this cuisine is Gambas al Ajillo, which is a great option for someone who needs to make something tasty without spending a lot of time.
3. Chicken Chickpea Stew– You can make this quick Chicken and Chickpea Stew Recipe with tomatoes on a stove, in a slow cooker, or Instant Pot. Best of all, turn this into a healthy freezer meal for busy families!
4. Chicken-Fried Steak and Gravy– Chicken Fried Steak with Sawmill Gravy is a true Texas meal. Delicious cube steak in a crunchy, flavorful breading and delicious white gravy!
Ingredients for Making Shell Steak
|Shell steaks||4 (each 1/2 pound and 3/4 inch thick)|
|Coarse salt and ground pepper||1 pinch or as required|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||15 minutes|
Shell Steak Recipe
- Firstly, the steaks are to be seasoned with coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Arrange a skillet on flame and add butter to it so that it melts over high heat.
- Let them cook for 7-8 minutes, occasionally turning sides.
- Now, take the cooked steaks out and arrange them on plates.
- Leave undisturbed for a few minutes before serving.
- You can use spicy pepper vinaigrette along with steaks.
Nutritional Information of Shell Steak
|Total fats||24 g|
|Saturated fats||11 g|