Shell Steak means that part of a short loin of beef having no tenderloin. Also known as bone-in strip steak, Shell Steak is a must-eat delicacy. This cut is perfect for pan-frying. Making Shell Steak at home can be really fun as well as equally easy.
Pertinently, this Shell Steak Recipe is quite low in carbohydrates. Making Shell Steak at home requires more or less 15 to 20 minutes. Moreover, it is quite an easy and simple recipe with just 3 major ingredients as well as can serve up to 4 people.
In this homemade Shell Steak Recipe, butter has been used but you can use olive oil as well and cook steaks in it. While making Shell Steak at home, you can serve pan sauce or Spicy Pepper Vinaigrette alongside steaks. Also, you can garnish it with watercress.
This Shell Steak Recipe provides for quick and perfect dinner or lunch meal. You can learn how to make Shell Steak at home easily by adhering to below-mentioned directions. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Making Shell Steak
|Shell steaks||4 (each 1/2 pound and 3/4 inch thick)|
|Coarse salt and ground pepper||1 pinch or as required|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||15 minutes|
Shell Steak Recipe
- Firstly, the steaks are to be seasoned with coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Arrange a skillet on flame and add butter to it so that it melts over high heat.
- Let them cook for 7-8 minutes, occasionally turning sides.
- Now, take the cooked steaks out and arrange them on plates.
- Leave undisturbed for a few minutes before serving.
- You can use Spicy Pepper Vinaigrette along with steaks.
Nutritional Information of Shell Steak
|Total fats||24 g|
|Saturated fats||11 g|