Have you ever thought about what it would be like if the normal food items that you eat would become Royal?
Doesn’t it water your mouth to live the royalty and have the royal food once again?
From this article, I am going to give you an opportunity to have the feelings of the old times again with the Shahi Tukda recipe.
Shahi Tukda is a soft bread pudding, whose topping melts like caramel in your mouth. The richness of saffron and the flavour of cardamom, send your taste buds to a different world This royal delicacy is served with Rabdi. It is also known as ‘Double ka Meetha’ and you can easily prepare it at your home.
But for Shahi Tukda, you also need to prepare Sugar Syrup and Rabdi as well. So with the Shahi Tukda recipe, I will also tell you how you can make Sugar Syrup and Rabdi at home.
Ingredients for Shahi Tukda Recipe
For Rabdi Recipe
|Condensed Milk||2 tsp|
|Mashed Cheese||2 tsp|
|Saffron Water||¼ tsp|
For Sugar Syrup
|Cardamom Powder||1/2 tsp|
-For Shahi Tukda
|White Bread (Sliced)||4 slices|
|Malai/ Thick Cream||1 cup|
|Saffron (Kesar)||For Garnishing|
These are simple ingredients to enter an even simpler world.
How Much Time it Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
Shahi Tukda Recipe
- In a preheated pan add 1.5 cups of milk and 2 tsp of condensed milk.
- Boil it for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Now in a bowl take 1 cup of milk to add one tsp of cornflour.
- Mix it thoroughly and make a paste.
- Add this paste to the heated milk and keep stirring.
- Add 1 tsp of sugar and mix it.
- Keep stirring while on a medium flame.
- Now add 2 tsp of mashed cheese and ¼ tsp of saffron water.
- Stir it thoroughly.
- Let it cool.
For Sugar Syrup
- Mix the sugar and water and stir it well until both the sugar dissolves in the sugar completely.
- After mixing both of the things, then boiling the sugar on a medium flame.
- Add rose water in it and your sugar syrup is ready.
For Shahi Tukda
- Cut the bread in slices of the same size.
- Then in a pan, put ghee and let it heat for some time.
- Add the Bread Slices in the Ghee and deep fry them till the bread slices get a crisp texture.
- Then keep the fried bread slices aside for some time and let them cool at room temperature.
- Then dip the bread slices in the Sugar Syrup and spread Malai on the centre of each bread slice.
- Serving the Shahi Tukda with Rabdi and garnish the bread slices with Pistachios, Almonds and Saffron.
Nutritional Information of Shahi Tukda Recipe