Have you ever thought about what it would be like if the normal food items that you eat would become Royal?
Doesn’t it water your mouth to live the royalty and have the royal food once again?
From this article, I am going to give you an opportunity to have the feelings of the old times again with the Shahi Tukda recipe.
Shahi Tukda is a soft bread pudding, whose topping melts like caramel in your mouth. The richness of saffron and the flavor of cardamom, send your taste buds to a different world This royal delicacy is served with Rabdi. It is also known as ‘Double ka Meetha’ and you can easily prepare it at your home.
Another interesting way to go about the recipe is to use challah bread instead of normal bread. If you don’t have challah bread, just use any of its similar tasting substitutes. Here are the best substitutes for challah bread.
But for Shahi Tukda, you also need to prepare Sugar Syrup and Rabdi as well. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Caramelized White Chocolate– We all have eaten White Chocolates but have you ever ate Caramelized White Chocolate? If no, then I will tell you how to make Caramelized White Chocolate at home, so you can make it at home.
2. Tiger’s Blood Flavour– The recipe is very sweet and will make you feel cool at the same time. I am talking about the Tiger’s blood flavor. The name of this recipe is derived due to its red color and yes tiger’s sounds more classy, so that’s how it got its name.
3. Candied Walnuts– Candied walnuts can be tossed up in salads, over deserts, or just popped straight in your mouth. The health benefits of walnuts are known to all and add some sweetness to them is definitely a cherry on the cake.
4. Tootsie Rolls– Tossie Rolls is a candy that was started in 1907 in the United States as a company that serves mildly chocolate-flavored taffy-like candy.
Ingredients for Shahi Tukda Recipe
For Rabdi Recipe
|Condensed Milk||2 tsp|
|Mashed Cheese||2 tsp|
|Saffron Water||¼ tsp|
For Sugar Syrup
|Cardamom Powder||1/2 tsp|
-For Shahi Tukda
|White Bread (Sliced)||4 slices|
|Malai/ Thick Cream||1 cup|
|Saffron (Kesar)||For Garnishing|
These are simple ingredients to enter an even simpler world.
How Much Time it Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
Shahi Tukda Recipe
- In a preheated pan add 1.5 cups of milk and 2 tsp of condensed milk.
- Boil it for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Now in a bowl take 1 cup of milk to add one tsp of cornflour.
- Mix it thoroughly and make a paste.
- Add this paste to the heated milk and keep stirring.
- Add 1 tsp of sugar and mix it.
- Keep stirring while on a medium flame.
- Now add 2 tsp of mashed cheese and ¼ tsp of saffron water.
- Stir it thoroughly.
- Let it cool.
For Sugar Syrup
- Mix the sugar and water and stir it well until both the sugar dissolves in the sugar completely.
- After mixing both of the things, then boiling the sugar on a medium flame.
- Add rose water in it and your sugar syrup is ready.
For Shahi Tukda
- Cut the bread in slices of the same size.
- Then in a pan, put ghee and let it heat for some time.
- Add the Bread Slices in the Ghee and deep fry them till the bread slices get a crisp texture.
- Then keep the fried bread slices aside for some time and let them cool at room temperature.
- Then dip the bread slices in the Sugar Syrup and spread Malai on the centre of each bread slice.
- Serving the Shahi Tukda with Rabdi and garnish the bread slices with Pistachios, Almonds and Saffron.
Nutritional Information of Shahi Tukda Recipe