The Shahi Kaju aloo with cream recipe is rich and creamy. The potatoes, cashews, and cream are the protagonists of the dish. The gravy is made with onions, spices, cashews, and fried potatoes. The rich texture of the gravy is accentuated with the addition of cream and milk.
The Shahi Kaju aloo is a dish for royalty, literally. It is part of the Mughlai cuisine. The Mughlai cuisine is an Indo-Persian cuisine that was developed during the reign of Mughals in the Indian sub-continent. This fusion cuisine combines Indian ingredients and recipes with Persian cooking styles and culture.
To make Shahi Kaju aloo with cream, make a paste of onion, ginger garlic, paste, cashew, and yogurt using a blender. Then, heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, spices, and water to it. Add the onion paste to it and cook the gravy until thick. Then, add potatoes and water. Lastly, add milk, cream, and fenugreek to it. Cook it for some more time and serve.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Vegetable Manchurian– Veg Manchurian is a tasty Indo-Chinese dish of fried veggie balls in a spicy, sweet, and tangy sauce.
2. Kadai Chicken– Kadai Chicken is a very popular Chicken Dry dish that is made with rich tomato gravy and sauteed along with chunks of capsicum and onions.
3. Gravylicious Lauki Kofta– This new boss of veggies is even going to give sulked vegetables like bottle gourd (lauki) a lively taste. A taste that is going to melt in your mouths making veggies far interesting tries at least.
4. Dahi Gosht– Dahi Ghost (also known as Curd Lamb Curry) is a thick, creamy meat curry that is most popular in the northern part of India. Dahi Ghost is popular for its deliciousness and spicy taste.
Shahi Kaju Aloo with Cream Recipe
- 1 Onion
- 4 Boiled Potatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Cashew Nuts
- 1 Green Chili
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- ¼ cup Double Cream
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ½ teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Fenugreek
- In a blender jar, add onion, yogurt, cashew nuts, ginger-garlic paste and green chili.
- Blend these ingredients to make a paste
- In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the boiled potatoes in it. Set them aside.
- Heat oil in another pan. Add cumin seeds, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and ¼ cup of water to it.
- Then, add the onion paste to it.
- Cook it for 10 minutes until the gravy becomes dense.
- Now, add the fried potatoes to it and add ¾ cup of water. Bring it to a boil.
- Add milk, fenugreek, and cream and to it and mix thoroughly.
- Cook the gravy for about 10 minutes until it's thickened.
- Garnish it with cashew nuts and coriander leaves.