Cooking up exotic cuisines at home is something most of us look forward to happily. Today, I am going to share the recipe of a Japanese delicacy shabu shabu.
Shabu shabu is a hot pot served with thinly sliced meat and some assorted vegetables. Shabu means swish, related to the recipe it indicates the swishing sound of meat when added to the simmering broth. Instead of beef, you can also use pork meat if you want.
To cook shabu shabu, add water, kombu seaweed and cooking sake to a shabu pot. Heat the pot to bring it to a boil. To this soup, add the napa cabbage, mushrooms, crab legs, baby carrots and scallions and boil them. Prepare two dipping bowls of dipping sauces. Now blanch the meat and dip it in your favorite sauce. Pour out soup and enjoy.
You need to follow the above-mentioned steps in a more detailed form. The details are explained below. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Mulligan Stew– Mulligan Stew is a family-friendly dish that was traditionally known for Mulligan Stew was traditionally known as a way to use up leftover meats and vegetables in the fridge.
2. Mediterranean Lasagna– Did you know lasagna is an Italian wide, flat pasta and possibly one of the oldest? Well, I would be honest I didn’t know either. It was during an international conference that I came to know about this Mediterranean Lasagna.
3. Trash Can Turkey– Trash can turkey is a recipe in which turkey is cooked with the use of a new trash can by covering the turkey with the can and covering the can with the coals to cook the turkey with the heat of the coals.
4. Canned Corned Beef– The recipe which I am going to share is very easy to make and can be made in different ways. But I decided to keep it simple so that you all may find it easy to cook at your home.
Ingredients For Shabu Shabu
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) Thinly Sliced Beef
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) King Crab Legs (cut into small sections)
- 8 oz. (226 g) Napa Cabbage (cut into pieces)
- 2 oz. (56 g) Enoki Mushrooms
- 2 oz. (56 g) Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 Stalk Scallion (cut into strips)
- 2 oz. baby carrots (56 g)
- 1.5 Liter Water
- 4-inch (10 cm) Piece Kombu Seaweed
- 2 tablespoons Japanese Cooking Sake
For Dipping Sauces
- Bottled Sesame Dipping Sauce
- Bottled Shichimi Togarashi
- Scallion (cut into small rings)
Make a list of the ingredients before heading out to the supermarket. Do not forget to check your pantry first as you may find few or all of them there. Now, take a look at the time this dish takes to be prepared.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Shabu Shabu?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|15 Minutes||5 Minutes||20 Minutes|
This is a quick recipe for shabu shabu. In only 20 minutes, this Japanese delicacy will be ready to enjoy. Let’s see the detailed instructions to prepare the dish.
Steps To Make Shabu Shabu
- Prepare two plates separately for meat and crab.
- On another plate, assemble the Napa cabbage, enoki mushrooms, shitake mushrooms, scallion and baby carrots.
- In a shabu pot, combine 1.5-liter water, 4-inch (10 cm) piece kombu seaweed and 2 tablespoons of Japanese cooking sake. Heat the pot to bring it to a boil. Add the napa cabbage, mushrooms, crab legs, baby carrots and scallions.
- Now, prepare a dipping sauce in two small dipping bowls.
- Blanch the meat and cook it using a pair of chopsticks. Remove it immediately and use your favorite sauce to dip the meat. Enjoy it
- Pour the soup and eat.
You can serve the soup with steamed rice or add ramen to the soup.
Nutritional Breakdown of Shabu Shabu
Take a glimpse at the nutrition chart of shabu shabu.
How To Make Shabu Shabu At Home | Video
Don’t worry if you are unclear about some steps. I have uploaded the video with similar steps involved in this recipe so watch it and cook it as per it.
If you have any question regarding the dish, you can ask in the section below. If you like this recipe and want more such recipes, then write some suggestions in the comment section. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can. So, have fun making them. I would love to hear from you the reviews. Enjoy!