This Thanksgiving, be more creative with the greens! Start off the Thanksgiving meal with Sesame Caesar salad. It’s a classic caesar salad spiced up with creamy Tahini Caesar dressing and sesame seeds. It’s super easy to make and is healthier than classic Caesar salad. So, get ready to dress a classic caesar salad in Tahini and coat your salad with the goodness of sesame.
Sesame Caesar salad is a perfect Thanksgiving salad recipe. If you want to give a twist of middle-eastern flavors to your Thanksgiving meal, try sesame caesar salad. This salad will make everyone fall in love with the caesar salad. Regular caesar salad might be boring for a few. But with sesame caesar salad, you don’t have to expect anyone choking down the leaves on the Thanksgiving meal.
To make sesame caesar salad, you need a few kitchen equipment and easily available ingredients for the dressing and along with veggies. Instead of croutons used in classic caesar salad, I’ve used chickpea croutons to make salad tastier and healthier. Check out the lists below and try this recipe for the Thanksgiving meal.
Out of sesame seeds? Here is a list of sesame seeds substitutes for you. Follow the instructions carefully so that it looks and tastes exactly as mentioned below. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other appetizing salads from our blog.
1. Just Keeps Getting Better Lentil Salad– Just keeps getting better lentil salad has fresh and healthy lettuce and kale leaves tossed with lemon juice, lentils, garlic, and cumin seeds. The almonds add a delicious crunch with red pepper add spiciness and heat to the salad.
2. Raw And Roasted Dinner Salad– Raw and roasted dinner salad has crispy red cabbage with roasted squash. This salad is seasoned with salt and pepper and is filled with the flavors of lemon juice, honey, salt, and Tahini dressing. It’s a perfect salad for the fall.
3. Broccoli Caesar Salad– Broccoli caesar salad is s delicious salad filled with broccoli florets and cabbage. It’s loaded with the flavors of salt, mustard, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, and chopped anchovies. This salad is finished with grated cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Winter Vegetable Salad– Winter vegetable salad has roasted veggies tossed together with Dijon dressing. It’s loaded with the flavors of Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, maple syrup, and apple cider. Lettuce, arugula, and spinach add more nutrients to the salad along with other veggies.
What Equipment Will You Need For Sesame Caesar Salad?
- Bowl- Use a large bowl to mix the ingredients of the salad. Use a small bowl to keep chickpeas croutons and Tahini caesar dressing before adding it to the salad.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to mix the ingredients of the salad into the bowl.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to add ingredients like Dijon mustard, seasoning spices into the salad.
- Baking Sheet- You’ll need a baking sheet to make chickpeas croutons in the oven.
- Blender- To make a smooth Tahini caesar dressing for the salad, use a blender.
- Baking Tray- You’ll need a baking tray to roast the chickpeas in the oven.
- Oven- To make chickpeas croutons, you’ll need an oven.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Sesame Caesar Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||20 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Sesame Caesar Salad?
For chickpea croutons
- Chickpeas- Use a can of chickpeas. Rinse and drain them before using them in the recipe.
- Sesame oil- Use two tablespoons of toasted sesame oil in the recipe.
- Garlic powder- A half teaspoon of garlic powder is enough to add a slightly spicy seasoning flavor to the salad.
- Black pepper- Use one-fourth teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper to add heat to the salad.
- Salt- Salt will enhance the taste of the salad. Use it according to your taste.
For Tahini Caesar Dressing
- Tahini- Use a one-third cup of Tahini to add middle-eastern flavors in the dressing of the salad.
- Rice vinegar- Use three rice vinegar to add a slightly sweet flavor to the salad.
- Water- Add water for thinner dressing or to have required consistency.
- Soy sauce- Use a tablespoon of soy sauce to add rich seasoning flavor to the salad and to marinade the ingredients of the salad.
- Dijon mustard- A tablespoon of Dijon mustard will give a distinctive mustard flavor to the salad.
- Garlic powder- A half teaspoon of garlic powder will add seasoning flavor to the dressing.
- Onion powder- A half teaspoon of onion powder will give a sharp aroma and slightly sweet flavor to the salad dressing.
- Black pepper- Add freshly ground black pepper to add some heat to the Tahini dressing.
For Sesame Seed Sprinkle
- Sesame seeds- Sprinkle some sesame seeds in the salad.
- Nutritional yeast- Nutritional yeast gives a cheese-like flavor to the salad.
- Olive oil- Use olive oil or sesame oil for the salad.
- Garlic powder- Coat the salad with garlic powder to add more seasoning flavor to the salad.
- Salt- One-fourth teaspoon of salt to enhance the taste of the salad.
- Tuscan kale- Thinly slice a bunch of Tuscan kale for the caesar salad.
- Romaine lettuce- Chop two small heads of Romaine lettuce for the salad.
- Capers- Rinse and drain Two teaspoons of capers for the salad.
Steps To Make Sesame Caesar Salad
1. Roast the chickpeas
Coat the chickpeas with sesame oil and spread them onto a baking sheet. Roast them in a preheated oven (400 F) for about 8 minutes. Stir them and cook further for 7 minutes. Drizzle some more sesame oil over chickpeas, add seasoning to them using garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375 F and bake the chickpeas for 5 to 10 more minutes.
2. Prep Tahini caesar dressing
Add tahini, water, Dijon mustard, rice vinegar, soy sauce, onion powder, pepper, and garlic powder. Blend the mixture until creamy smooth. Add water for a thinner dressing. Transfer this Tahini dressing to the bowl and add sesame seeds to it.
3. Toss the ingredients together and serve
Add Romaine lettuce, kale to a bowl containing Tahini caesar dressing. Stir in sesame seeds, chickpea croutons, sesame seeds, salt, and garlic powder. Toss the salad to coat it with sesame seeds, spices, and Tahini caesar dressing.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Vitamin A||3309 IU|
|Vitamin C||40 mg|
How Will Sesame Caesar Salad Look and Taste?
Finally! Our Sesame caesar salad for Thanksgiving is ready! It looks amazing. It has a creamy and spicy dressing with crunchy croutons and crispy lettuce leaves. It’s a mixture of garlicky, smoky, and slightly tangy flavor. Start your Thanksgiving meal with sesame caesar salad and have fun with your family.
Sesame Caesar Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch Tuscan Kale (stemmed and thinly sliced)
- 2 small heads Romaine Lettuce (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon Capers (drained)
For Tahini Caesar Dressing
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
For Sesame Seed Sprinkle
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Coat the chickpeas with sesame oil and spread them on the baking sheet. Roast them in a preheated oven (400 F) for about 8 minutes. Stir them and cook for further 7 minutes.
- Drizzle the sesame oil on the chickpeas again and sprinkle pepper, garlic powder, and salt on them. Bake them again for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now, add tahini, water, garlic powder, onion powder, rice vinegar, pepper, and soy sauce to a blender. Blend the mixture into a smooth salad dressing. Stir the sesame seeds with nutritional yeast, garlic powder, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl.
- Toss romaine and kale with Tahini dressing and chickpea croutons. Sprinkle sesame seeds and serve.