When I heard about this recipe regarding seafood, a lot of questions were revolving in my mind like Is it ok to eat seafood every day? Seafood is good for our health or not? and several other questions. I am here to give you the answer to all your questions. All I need is your patience and time for that.
As we all know that Seafood is a high protein food and has numerous health benefits. A Scientific study suggests that eating seafood can decrease the risk of heart issues. And the healthy seafood recipe that I am about to tell you is Seafood Stew.
Now, the question comes from where I learned this recipe? During a family trip to Colombia, I explored a lot of things. The one thing that I still remember is the person who was making this Seafood stew near the beach. I asked that person about the recipe and he explained to me each and everything so nicely with all directions.
So today, I am going to discuss the Seafood Stew Recipe. First of all, we have gathered all the ingredients in your bucket that are required to make this Seafood Stew at home.
Ingredients for Seafood Stew Recipe
|Olive oil||3 tbsp|
|Small yellow onions (chopped)||1 1/2 Cups|
|Small white potatoes (large diced)||2 Cups|
|Fennel (chopped)||2 Cups|
|Kosher Salt||2 tsp|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 tsp|
|Good white wine||2 Cups|
|Plum tomatoes (chopped)||1 Can (28 ounce)|
|Seafood stock||1 quart|
|Chopped garlic||1 tbsp|
|Saffron thread||1 tsp|
|Large shrimp||1 pound|
|Halibut and bass fillets (cut in large chunks)||1 pound|
|Orange zest (grated)||1 tsp|
|Toasted Baguette slices (buttered and rubbed with garlic||————|
|Good Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Shells from large shrimp||1 pound|
|Chopped yellow onions||2 Cups|
|Celery stalks (chopped)||3|
|Garlic cloves (minced)||2|
|Water||1 1/2 quarts|
|Good white wine||1/2 Cup|
|Tomato paste||1/3 Cup|
|Kosher salt||1 tbsp|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 1/2 tsp|
|Fresh thyme||10 sprigs|
I know the list of ingredients is a little bit huge but don’t worry, all these ingredients will provide more deliciousness to your overall recipe. You are going to enjoy while making this Seafood Stew Recipe.
How much time it will take?
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time||Servings|
|30 min||40 min||1 hr 10 mins||6|
Now you have the idea of estimated time, which will help you to manage your time. Now, let’s move towards the final destination that is the procedure to make Seafood Stew at Home.
Seafood Stew Recipe
- First of all, what we are going to do is heat the oil in a stockpot. Add onion, potatoes, fennel, salt, and pepper and cook it on a medium flame for 15 minutes.
- Add wine, tomatoes with juice, garlic, saffron, and stock, bring a boil and cook it uncovered for 15 mins.
- After that, add shrimp, mussels, and fish, bring to a boil and cook hardly for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and cool it for 5 minutes.
- Mix Pernod, salt, and orange zest in it for taste.
Serve the ready recipe over the slices of toasted baguette.
- Take a pan, heat oil in the pan over medium flame.
- Add onion, celery, shrimp shells, and carrot and cook it for 15 minutes.
- After that, add garlic as per the quantity mentioned in the table and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add water, tomato paste, thyme, white wine, salt, and pepper in the pan, bring to a boil, and on low flame cook it for at least 1 hour.
- Strain it by pressing the solids and you should have a maximum of one quart of stock.
Your Seafood Stew is ready! Try this amazing recipe at home and I hope all your friends and family like this recipe.
Nutritional Information of Seafood Stew
As I’ve told you above that Seafood is very good for our health. And this is also applicable for this Seafood Stew recipe. So making your work easier, I have mentioned below the table of nutrients of Seafood Stew.
How to make Seafood Stew at Home | Video
I know this recipe is quite time consuming but I recommend you to try this recipe while watching it live will help you. So, I have added a video of the recipe of how to make Seafood Stew at Home.
Try this amazing recipe and serve it to your family and friends and they will like it. And don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comments below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.