If you love seafood, then Seafood Potpie must surely be your favourite. I still remember the time when my father used to make Seafood Potpie during summer. He used to sing songs as well and we had a gala time. I too learnt the Seafood Potpie recipe from him and began to make it for my family. Even now I make it every weekend and serve my family.
By this time, I am sure the aroma of seafood must be trickling your nostrils. You too can make it at your home following some instructions. Seafood potpie, a tasty and mouth watering is easy to make.
In this article I will be sharing the Seafood Potpie Recipe with you.
Ingredients required for Seafood Potpie Recipe
|Unsalted butter||¼ pounds|
|Chopped fennel||1 cup|
|All purpose flour||½ cup|
|Fish stock or clam juice||3 cups|
|Large shrimp (Peeled and Deveined)||½ pound|
|Sea Scallops (sliced in half horizontally)||½ pound|
|Kosher salt||1 tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 ½ teaspoons|
|Heavy cream||3 tablespoons|
|Cooked fresh lobster meat||¾ pound|
|Frozen peas(not “baby”peas)||1 ½ cups|
|Frozen small whole onions||1 ½ cups|
|Flat leaf parsley||½ cup|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Cooking time||1 hour 35 minutes|
|Total time||2 hr 35 minutes|
Seafood Potpie Recipe
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
- Take a large pan and put it on medium heat and add butter to it.
- Now add chopped garlic and fennel and roast it for around 10 minutes.
- Then add flour and cook for 1 minutes.
- Now add shrimp and scallops to it and cook it for around 2 minutes.
- Now add Can Juice, Pernod, salt, pepper, and heavy cream in it and stir everything.
- Now take a lobster and cut it in square pieces and add it to the mixture that you’ve made above.
- Add the frozen peas, frozen onions and parsley and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Then pour some mixture in the baking dish and sprinkle shredded cheese.
- Then pour the remaining mixture and using a knife, cut a slit in the middle.
- Then bake for around 20 minutes, until the crust becomes golden.
Nutritional Information Of Seafood Potpie Recipe
|Total Fats||17.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||23.5 g|