Who doesn’t like biscuits or cookies as you can have them at any time of the day. But there are many types of biscuits in the world. But today, I will share this yummy recipe of Scottish Shortbread which will be a great option for your breakfast and evening snack.
Scottish shortbread is a traditional Scottish biscuit that was originated in 1736. This shortbread recipe is very famous among people. But as the name suggests, this bread is primarily popular in places like Ireland and Scotland. Despite its traditional taste, Moreover people love to modify this Scottish Bread according to their taste!
Scottish shortbread can be prepared by mixing caster sugar, flour, salt and butter in a food processor. Now put this mixture in a greased pan and then bake it for 30 in the oven until it turns light golden. Your traditional Scottish bread is ready.
I know this coockie recipe seems easy but this was just the overview of the whole recipe. All the ingredients with the detailed recipe is mentioned below. Along with this, you will also find how much healthy this bread is. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Corn Dodgers– Corn dodgers are also known as “Hushpuppies.” This corn cake genre is mostly popular in East Texas. If you want to explore different cultures, food is the best way and with this dish, one can easily know about American culture.
2. Roasted Fennels– Roasted vegetables are not only healthy but also taste great. Learning to roast them accurately without overcooking them or making them bitter is what you will learn.
3. Mustard Greens– Mustard Green is an easy-to-make dish that you can have as a side dish with any food. Today I will share with you its recipe. With the help of this recipe, you will be able to cook mustard greens in minutes.
4. Spicy Cheese Cracker– This recipe that I have brought today for you foodies is both simple and delicious. All you have to do is, get the ingredients and start making it. This combination of crisp and smooth texture is the most satisfying meal ever.
Ingredients For Scottish Shortbread
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Sticks Unsalted butter
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Castor Sugar
These ingredients can be easily available in your kitchen or you can get them from the nearby store. Now let’s see the time that we need to invest in making this homemade bread.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Scottish Shortbread?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||35 minutes||45 minutes|
This will take only 45 minutes to make this recipe at home. Now let’s see the detailed steps that you need to follow for the preparation of this dish.
Steps To Make Scottish Shortbread
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a baking pan, add butter with a round cake can and cut the shortbread.
- In a food processor, put caster sugar, flour, salt and butter and combine them to look like coarse breadcrumbs.
- Pulse it for few minutes if it’s too dry and crumbly.
- In a greased baking pan, pour the mixture. Press down the mixture with your fingers.
- Bake the shortbread for 30 to 35 mins on the middle rack until it become light golden and firm.
- Let it cool and then cut it and serve!
- Its flavour and texture improve over time, so you can store it in an airtight container for several weeks.
The texture of these Scottish Shortbread biscuits is different from regular shortbread biscuits because of the butter blend we use in these biscuits.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Scottish Shortbread
The nutritional value of the nutrients is given below in the table,you can refer to this table to know the values:
How To Make Scottish Bread At Home | Video
I have added this video so that you can make this recipe at home easily. If you have any confusion with the recipe, you can refer to this video and make this recipe at home.
Also, try this recipe and share your reviews in the comment section. Don’t forget to give your precious feedback in the comment section. If you liked this recipe, then share it with your friends and family and stay connected with us for more amazing recipes and cooking tips.