Scottish Cranachan is a traditional Scottish dish that is flavorful and very easy to make. It is made with oats along with other ingredients and also uses malt whisky for a boozy flavor.
Due to its amazingly sweet and delicious cake, Scottish Cranachan is referred to as “the uncontested king of the Scottish desserts”. It combines oats with raspberries, whipped cream and whiskey, making a fine dessert.
To make Scottish Cranachan, you will need fresh raspberries, steel-cut oatmeal, malt whiskey, heavy cream, and honey. Cook the oats and then whisk up the cream with whiskey. Mix in raspberries and then present it by layering in glasses. At last, garnish and serve.
I have just given you the short recipe for this Scottish dessert. Do check out the proper detailed recipe given below. You will also get to know about the ingredients, time required and nutritional information. But before we jump onto the recipe, let’s check out some other desserts that you might like.
1. Cherries in the Snow– It is a dessert with cooked cherries and cream cheese. This dish is not exactly a cake and not precisely a pudding but a combination of both. A perfect no-bake recipe that can enlighten the celebration of any occasion.
2. Vanilla Brownies– Vanilla Brownies are also known as Vanilla Blondies. This recipe will lighten up your mood and gives a good aroma. When you’ll follow this recipe, it will be a lot easier to make this brownie. Make these brownies for your loved ones and make them happy.
3. Eton Mess– It is a classic British dessert made from a mixture of strawberries, pieces of meringue and cream. This dessert is called Eton mess because it was first made in Eton college and was served in their annual cricket match against Harrow school.
4. Baked Apple Slices– Making an apple dish at home is loved by everyone of us. These Cinnamon Baked Apple slices is something that you should definitely try as a dessert.
Scottish Cranachan Recipe
- 250 g Fresh Raspberries
- 55 g Steel-Cut Oatmeal
- 3 tbsp Malt Whisky
- 475 ml Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Take a pan and place it on medium flame. Add in the oats and keep stirring them until they change a little bit of color
- Now, take the oats out of the pan. Then, take the raspberries and make a thick puree of them.
- Take another bowl, add in the cream, and whisk it along with whisky.
- The next step is to add in the honey along with the oatmeal, layer it up in glasses, cover the glasses with a plastic cover, and cool it in the freezer for about an hour.
- At last, garnish it with honey, raspberries and serve it with joy.